Care Of Night

Glen

• My Little Pony

See, I really have no issues with the vocalist. Maybe it's because I spun the shit out of the EP last year, and have heard those four songs a couple hundred times each, I don't want to hear anyone else front this band.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

His voice is fine.

Now that ISSA chick on the other hand...

I haven't heard the new album, but her previous efforts sounded fine. I have no idea what you lot are going on about.

The singer's definitely not so bad you can't get used to it. I still reckon his is a dead ringer for the vocalist in Alien on their 1993 s/t disc and 'Crash.' Initially I thought his voice might affect my joy of this album, but I haven't even thought about it since. The songs are just way too strong to worry about someone who's not that bad. ;)

And funnily enough, same thing goes for Issa. Yeah, she's not Celine Dion (lol), but she's not that bad.

But why should you have to get used to it??

I dont care if the songs are the best melodic rock songs ever - if they are sung by a horrible vocalist they will still be weak.

Im not saying that this guy is awful....he's not - just not good enough to command my attention.

"Get used to it" was the wrong terminology. I just truly don't acknowledge either way how good the singer is or is not. It's a non-issue because I think (know) it's a great disc with great songs and that's all that counts. The sum of all it's parts equal my pleasure, and that suits me fine. :)

But why should you have to get used to it??

I dont care if the songs are the best melodic rock songs ever - if they are sung by a horrible vocalist they will still be weak.

Im not saying that this guy is awful....he's not - just not good enough to command my attention.

This is how I feel as well... and I normally don't mind some accent... I realize not everyone was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio.

Different inflections often add character to the music (Outside Edge, for instance, I dig a lot, while for many of you his voice is like nails on a chalkboard). Obviously guys like Elliott, Tempest, etc. never deterred me for a moment back in the day, but this guy's voice (C.O.N.) just annoys me for some reason. Which sucks for me as the tunes themselves are quite impressive.

When you all say accent you mean everybody should sing with a neutral accent from England?

No not really. Straight english can be as bad sometimes...albeit stuff like Dare & FM is awesome.

what I mean is not a horrible twang like for example Scorpions.

but in the CON case its not so much the accent...hes just a weak vocalist.

I could be just as much put off by a US band with a weak vocalist.

When you all say accent you mean everybody should sing with a neutral accent from England?

No not really. Straight english can be as bad sometimes...albeit stuff like Dare & FM is awesome.

what I mean is not a horrible twang like for example Scorpions.

but in the CON case its not so much the accent...hes just a weak vocalist.

I could be just as much put off by a US band with a weak vocalist.

I'm glad a British person replied to Peter's reply with that, because I was going to say that the absolute worst accent of all in music, bar none, is a strong English accent. There is nothing even close to how bad that sounds. Thankfully, it's ultra rare (funny how they can speak proper in song, but not in everyday conversation, lol ;) ) and I can't think of a single AOR/MHR band that is wrecked because of a strong English accent. In modern rock, however, the likes of The Morning After are unbearable at times.

Again, gotta agree with Glen on CON too. I didn't think anyone had raised any issue with the guy's accent at all? I thought it was purely a vocal thing. I don't think his accent is strong at all.

Haha, I like the Bad Habit 'More than a feeling' cover.

I struggle with quite a lot of current accented bands, which is kind of ironic considering that most my favoured bands from the 80's and early 90's are from Europe.

I raised the accent issue earlier because of the very close comparison to WORK OF ART. Both are Swedish and Lars Safsund's pronunciation is awesome and making this sounds like a second rate WOA but actually after 3-4 more spins, this is definitely a great album and better than REVO SAINTS

I raised the accent issue earlier because of the very close comparison to WORK OF ART. Both are Swedish and Lars Safsund's pronunciation is awesome and making this sounds like a second rate WOA but actually after 3-4 more spins, this is definitely a great album and better than REVO SAINTS

Better than Rev. Saints?

• My Little Pony

Better than Rev. Saints?

I might have to agree with my Indonesian friend. I like this better, too. Rev St.s is awesome, but this is probably more my style.

yeah you got it bro,

I don't mean it by miles, I rated CON at 86.7% and REVO at 85%, it's only less than 2% but better is better,

and hey guys, don't throw some glasses, in fact ISSA right now is at 87.8% :D

yeah you got it bro,

I don't mean it by miles, I rated CON at 86.7% and REVO at 85%, it's only less than 2% but better is better,

I think Care of Night is much better than Revolution Saints and have never said otherwise. I also prefer Issa (and Eclipse & Santa Cruz, for the record).

yeah you got it bro,

I think Care of Night is much better than Revolution Saints and have never said otherwise. I also prefer Issa (and Eclipse & Santa Cruz, for the record).

Can't account for your poor taste ;-)

yeah you got it bro,

Can't account for your excellent taste ;-)

Thank you.