Care Of Night

Glen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Cant wait for this... been playing EP this morning alot.

Been playing this EP all year a lot.

I believe you said that... a few times...

So you really have been some creep that came around the forums, but never said anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds freakin' delicious. I was worried these guys might be getting some early over-hype based on a couple of good songs on an EP. Admittedly one was super and the other tunes showed promise, but I was wondering if the massive hype was justified. If there is more of this on the album it will be well justified. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First great album of 2015. Based on first impression, those who loves WORK OF ART will love this one but of course CARE OF NIGHT sounds exactly like a second-rate WOA, especially with the accented singer which is obvious on couple tracks. All tracks are enjoyable but most of them are in the 8/10 range with the perfect tune here is probably 'Contact', and the last acoustic closer is also awesome.

WIll investigate further but a solid 84% was thrown in :)

I listened to the samples and thought the same thing....second rate WoA. Might check it out, not sure

Nothing so far this year has grabbed my attention.

Im far more excited about Soto, Eclipse and Revolution Saints.....they are my big 3 for Jan/Feb.

No real surprises here, especially for those who have already got or heard last years excellent EP. All 4 of those tracks appear, with the other 6 being very much up to the same high standards, 'Dividing Lines' especially is a real standout, but the whole album works and flows really well. All in all an excellent debut album and one that I am sure will please most of the AOR boys and girls out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Care Of Night seems a little "softer" than WOA though.

Completely disagree with that, personally. I find Care Of Night to be far more Wigelius (almost identical in places) than WOA. Good solid melodic hard rock with that AOR finish... but much heavier than WOA, imo.

Anyway, I basically love this album. Like Nightrain says, first great album of 2015. A lot of people seemed to be hyping this up but I wasn't convinced. Definitely pleased with the end result, though. Not a song on it I don't really like, but faves are the mighty 'Cassandra,' 'Heart belongs,' 'Contact,' 'Unify' and 'Give me strength.' Okay, and 'Those words' and 'Dividing line' are excellent too.

That last song is a real puzzler. To be honest, it's a pretty ordinary acoustic ballad in all honesty... UNTIL! It just rips into arguably the most melodic, delicious moment of the album around the 4 and 1/2 minute mark. Hard to rate a song like that, but when it gets going... wow, just divine.

Anyway, that only leaves 'Say a prayer' and 'Please remember,' which are the album's two weakest moments, but still pretty damn good for weak moments.

So yeah, if you're a fan of Wigelius, get this in your ears immediately!

Oh, and who owns s/t (1993) and 'Crash by Alien? Anyone else think this vocalist is a dead ringer for Daniel Zangger Borch, who was the vocalist on those two Alien albums? So much so I actually just googled to see if it was the same guy. It's not...

Care Of Night seems a little "softer" than WOA though.

Completely disagree with that, personally. I find Care Of Night to be far more Wigelius (almost identical in places) than WOA. Good solid melodic hard rock with that AOR finish... but much heavier than WOA, imo.

Anyway, I basically love this album. Like Nightrain says, first great album of 2015. A lot of people seemed to be hyping this up but I wasn't convinced. Definitely pleased with the end result, though. Not a song on it I don't really like, but faves are the mighty 'Cassandra,' 'Heart belongs,' 'Contact,' 'Unify' and 'Give me strength.' Okay, and 'Those words' and 'Dividing line' are excellent too.

That last song is a real puzzler. To be honest, it's a pretty ordinary acoustic ballad in all honesty... UNTIL! It just rips into arguably the most melodic, delicious moment of the album around the 4 and 1/2 minute mark. Hard to rate a song like that, but when it gets going... wow, just divine.

Anyway, that only leaves 'Say a prayer' and 'Please remember,' which are the album's two weakest moments, but still pretty damn good for weak moments.

So yeah, if you're a fan of Wigelius, get this in your ears immediately!

I'd say this band and Work of Art are pretty similar in terms of rockiness....although not sure there's anything here as heavy as the likes of 'The Machine' or 'The Rain' for example.

Not sure at the moment how keen I am on the vocalist - he's OK, but nothing special.....not in the same league as Wigelius or Safsund imo.

In terms of songs, yeah its good. Im not as keen as some on 'Dividing Lines' (a bunch were highlighting that song on Melrock too).....its really cheesy and about 2 mins too long....certainly not as good as the really good rockers around it....imho of course.

The last song as well is a waste imo, and im not really loving the end either just goes on way too long.

Aside from that its really nice.

Its not gonna score anywhere near as high as last years WoA for me, but its a good AOR album, no doubt.

Not sure at the moment how keen I am on the vocalist - he's OK, but nothing special.....not in the same league as Wigelius or Safsund imo.

To be honest, aside from hating the songs on the 2 Alien albums I mentioned above, I don't like the vocalist at all either. And yeah, like I said, this guy is a dead ringer for the guy from Alien, imo.

But yeah, even a few spins in I'm taking less and less note of the quality of the lead vocals, and more notice of the quality of the songs, thankfully. :)

I do tend to notice the vocalist a lot....plays a big part for me. Prob why I struggled so much with A or K despite quite liking the songs.

Thankfully I love wigelius voice so expecting that to be much better.

I do like this though. ...

The dude in Wigelius is probably my favourite vocalist at the moment. I absolutely love that dude's voice. But yeah, I'm the same. Vocalist is super important to me. When I heard this for the first time it was a real issue for me. I honestly thought it'd stand in the way of me really loving it and in all honesty, my first spin impression wasn't great.

But thankfully, on repeated listens it's kind of become a non-issue compared to the quality of the songs.

That kind of thing can go either way. Either you can't get past the vocals and it ends up ruining the CD for you, or sometimes the rest is too good to ignore and the vocals end up not mattering so much. Thankfully, for me, this is the latter.