Care Of Night

Glen

• My Little Pony

CON's debut I think is a strong contender for my album of the year, can't wait to hear Wigelius and Beauvoir Free.

There's still a good dozen or so albums I am looking forward for this year.

What is this Beauvoir Free?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CON's debut I think is a strong contender for my album of the year, can't wait to hear Wigelius and Beauvoir Free.

If this is in my top 10 it will have been a disappointing year for me.

If this is in my top 10 it will have been a disappointing year for me.

My initial rating of it is exactly the same as my highest rated CD of 2014 (89%). Which actually ended up being Vega. I didn't bother amending my post in the Best of 2014 thread, but I think I went in a bit quick with too few spins of White Widdow under my belt. I still put it 2nd, but I actually prefer the Vega one by quite a bit.

Anyway, the Vega CD is better than this, but not by much, imo. I will be absolutely stunned if this is not in my top 10 at the end of the year. And frankly, if it's not in my top 10 it'll be a fucking amazing year in music!

From Frontiers Records:

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the signing of BEAUVOIR / FREE for the release of a brand new album during 2015.

BEAUVOIR / FREE sees a new cooperation between famed singer, songwriter and producer Jean Beauvoir (ex-Plasmatics, Voodoo X and collaborator of KISS, Ramones and Little Steven among others) and guitarist Micki Free (ex-Shalamar). The pair was responsible for penning the milestone debut "CROWN OF THORNS" album which was originally signed by Interscope Records and later released independently throughout Europe and Asia in 1994.

With a tour supporting Bon Jovi and Van Halen for three months throughout all of Europe, playing to over a million people and with raving audience response. Crown of Thorns soon become one of the biggest Hard Rock bands to emerge in the second half of the 90's.

Free however had already left the band by the time in which Crown of Thorns second album was released and was replaced by Tommy Lafferty. Free and Beauvoir are now reuniting with a promise to release their most exciting collaboration ever. Beauvoir says "I truly look forward to this reunion and collaborating with Micki once again! Stay tuned cause It will rock!!!". The pair played Hard Rock Calling UK and 2 shows in Scandinavia during april, look forward to more shows in the coming months. Frontiers plans to release the album in early 2015.

Ok,im only one spin in on spotify but wow 89%. I need to sit down and have a proper listen to this cos it didnt strike as 'that' great.

Yeah, don't feel like I think everyone should be as into it as I am, because I don't expect everyone to be. But it's right up my alley. Blatantly melodic, good set of balls, and super consistent. Three things I value highly. Like I said in my first post, only 2 songs I don't love on it, and even those 2 are good tunes. One of those albums I find hard to fault (aside from the vocals, which, as noted, seemed irrelevant pretty quick).

I really can't see what the problem is with some people on this one.I've seen them described as a '2nd Division' AOR band and worse on some sites, but all I can hear is a very consistent, well presented album with some very very good songs, that are comparable to some of the big boys that everyone raves on constantly about all the time. One of the best releases of it's type I have heard for a while and for a debut, a stunning achievement.

• My Little Pony

From Frontiers Records:

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the signing of BEAUVOIR / FREE for the release of a brand new album during 2015.

BEAUVOIR / FREE sees a new cooperation between famed singer, songwriter and producer Jean Beauvoir (ex-Plasmatics, Voodoo X and collaborator of KISS, Ramones and Little Steven among others) and guitarist Micki Free (ex-Shalamar). The pair was responsible for penning the milestone debut "CROWN OF THORNS" album which was originally signed by Interscope Records and later released independently throughout Europe and Asia in 1994.

With a tour supporting Bon Jovi and Van Halen for three months throughout all of Europe, playing to over a million people and with raving audience response. Crown of Thorns soon become one of the biggest Hard Rock bands to emerge in the second half of the 90's.

Free however had already left the band by the time in which Crown of Thorns second album was released and was replaced by Tommy Lafferty. Free and Beauvoir are now reuniting with a promise to release their most exciting collaboration ever. Beauvoir says "I truly look forward to this reunion and collaborating with Micki once again! Stay tuned cause It will rock!!!". The pair played Hard Rock Calling UK and 2 shows in Scandinavia during april, look forward to more shows in the coming months. Frontiers plans to release the album in early 2015.

Oh, shit! That's what I suspected it to be. If they can write more songs like "Dying for Love" and "Hike It Up," my personal favourite, then I will lose my mind. Who was saying this is gonna be a shit year?

I really can't see what the problem is with some people on this one.I've seen them described as a '2nd Division' AOR band and worse on some sites, but all I can hear is a very consistent, well presented album with some very very good songs, that are comparable to some of the big boys that everyone raves on constantly about all the time. One of the best releases of it's type I have heard for a while and for a debut, a stunning achievement.

I think mainly because of the singer. Some of us spotted a weaker accented vocal although for me that's not very troubling and probably couple of songs sound more amateurish than say WORK OF ART, which is more well-crafted maybe. But as far as 2015 goes, this one still stays at the top of my list and probably will be third after ECLIPSE and WIGELIUS.

I think mainly because of the singer. Some of us spotted a weaker accented vocal although for me that's not very troubling and probably couple of songs sound more amateurish than say WORK OF ART, which is more well-crafted maybe. But as far as 2015 goes, this one still stays at the top of my list and probably will be third after ECLIPSE and WIGELIUS.

Been continuing to listen to this. Pretty solid disc. Wish they rocked a little harder in places but overall, a high 80's disc for me. Not quite as good as WOA's Framework.

Assuming that's all there is to the song, I will just pretend I didn't hear that and enjoy the 10 album tracks as they are. Pretty bland tune, assuming it doesn't "kick in" later on.

• 1 month later...

This is my album of the year so far.

Heavy rotation now. Every song a song of quality. Love the build and blast of the final song. And I really like the vocalist. A real gem of an album. Only thing I don't like is the opening couple of seconds of the first song.

This is my album of the year so far.

Holy christ, man! Phone Jesus because we agree on something! ;)

I think this is definitely the best release so far from this year - great stuff.

I really did go into listening to it thinking if you like it so much it probably isn't to my tastes.

This one really does grab me in a way the Eclipse and Revolution Saints haven't. It's even stopping me listening to the Santa Cruz which i was enjoying before I gave this a quick spin.

To be honest though I doubt ill pick this up...only listened on Spotify so far.

And to be honest that's the sad thruth of it.

Listened again this morning and I just cannot get on with the vocalist....really weak in my opinion, and to be honest I just havent got time to 'accommodate' a weak vocalist even if the songs are pretty good.

I listened to Degreed - We Dont Belong straight after this and that album cricifies this.

IMHO of course........

• My Little Pony

My absolute favourite moment on this album is the twenty-or-so seconds at the end where it plays out "Cassandra" on the piano, tying the album together. And I seriously would love to hear a full piano version of that song.