Hello!

Guest luke.sg

Guest luke.sg

Hello everyone!

I am Lucas and I've been more and more into hard rock and AOR music. I found this forum googling for more info about the band "Alien", and I thought "why not?", so here I am. :)

In a simple way, this is who I am: http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/lucastgomes

I really like Hard Rock and Prog music. My favourite band is Pink Floyd, and in prog I really like Transatlantic, Karmakanic, Porcupine Tree... And in Hard Rock/AOR, the list is huge: Autograph, Strangeways, Ten, Alien, Bam Bam Boys, Bad English... Just awesome bands!

I live in Brazil, and nowadays the hard rock scenario is not very good. But if I get to know good bands around, I'll share for sure. :)

Thanks in advance for everything and let's keep rocking.

• My Little Pony

BTW, your English seems very good. Much better than my Portuguese, which is terrible. :D

Much then my english wich can't exist.

• My Little Pony

Sorry, I was just being a dick. Your last name is Gomes? Reminds me of an album I was given. Do you like Pepeu Gomes? ;}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3GtqZiIc0

Hello everyone!

I am Lucas and I've been more and more into hard rock and AOR music. I found this forum googling for more info about the band "Alien", and I thought "why not?", so here I am. :)

In a simple way, this is who I am: http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/lucastgomes

I really like Hard Rock and Prog music. My favourite band is Pink Floyd, and in prog I really like Transatlantic, Karmakanic, Porcupine Tree... And in Hard Rock/AOR, the list is huge: Autograph, Strangeways, Ten, Alien, Bam Bam Boys, Bad English... Just awesome bands!

I live in Brazil, and nowadays the hard rock scenario is not very good. But if I get to know good bands around, I'll share for sure. :)

Thanks in advance for everything and let's keep rocking.

Great picks! Welcome aboard friend

I like Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree too, aside from being a casual MHR/AOR fans.

and how about Riverside ? they're quite Pink Floyd-ish too, but later evolved to a more metal approach, great band too from Poland

Guest luke.sg

Thank you guys!

Reverebdm I try my best with English. I really like the language and I study it for almost 10 years. But I never had a chance to travel abroad to be put to the proof. :(

And I know Pepeu Gomes music, KarpetRide! I think he is one of the best guitarists in Brazil. His work made the guitar much more famous around here. Unfortunatelly, he never came to my city :(

I see that you're a big fan of the awesome band Electric Boys. I was perplexed with their album "And Them Boys Done Swang"!

Another Brazillian guitarrist that is awesome is Faiska. Check out this:

btw, Tiete River is a famous river in São Paulo. =]

Nightrain, Riverside is now on my list: "Bands to listen to carefully" =]

Thank you, The Rocker!

If you're looking for Prog bands to check out, here's a list from my collection -- many of them you may already be familiar with. Some are definitely heavier than others (including some Prog Metal), some more "proggy," and some very Floyd-ish, but I think most qualify as Prog to some degree or another:

Marillion
Enchant
A.C.T
Tomorrow's Eve
Magellan
Saga
Discipline
Threshold
Royal Hunt
Anathema
Tiles
Spock's Beard
OSI
Carptree
IQ
Moonspell
Pendragon
Vanishing Point
Day Six
Mind's Eye
Pain of Salvation
Systems Theory
The 3rd and The Mortal
Forgotten Silence

;)

• My Little Pony

If you're looking for Prog bands to check out, here's a list from my collection -- many of them you may already be familiar with. Some are definitely heavier than others (including some Prog Metal), some more "proggy," and some very Floyd-ish, but I think most qualify as Prog to some degree or another:

Marillion

Enchant

A.C.T

Tomorrow's Eve

Magellan

Saga

Discipline

Threshold

Royal Hunt

Anathema

Tiles

Spock's Beard

OSI

Carptree

IQ

Moonspell

Pendragon

Vanishing Point

Day Six

Mind's Eye

Pain of Salvation

Systems Theory

The 3rd and The Mortal

Forgotten Silence

;)

Add to the list:

Neal Morse

Vanden Plas

Guest luke.sg

Marillion

Enchant

A.C.T

Tomorrow's Eve

Magellan

Saga

Discipline

Threshold

Royal Hunt

Anathema

Tiles

Spock's Beard

OSI

Carptree

IQ

Moonspell

Pendragon

Vanishing Point

Day Six

Mind's Eye

Pain of Salvation

Systems Theory

The 3rd and The Mortal

Forgotten Silence

;)

Add to the list:

Neal Morse

Vanden Plas

Reverend Mayhem and KarpetRydOFunk, great list!! I'll listen to these bands, for sure =]

I'd add Flying Colors to the list too. They are f. amazing!

All Nights Reserved... Yeah... That's a great point!! You know... I live in the state with a 10:1 ration of women to men. :D

I love it here!!

Ok, Reverend. If I know anything I'll let you know ;)