Tigertailz - Knives EP

Stefan

I am a massive Tailz fan and I have absolutely no interest in this.

From what I have been reading, Jay Pepper is a real douche, which is why so many of the band have left.

Kim, Ace and Sarah all left because of him.

I had no interest when Steevi tried to use the name a few years back, and I actually like Steevi, so this new version is in no way shape or form gonna be considered as Tigertailz for me.

Matt is a decent enough bloke, and has been in the band before, but that still doesnt give it any real credibility without the two main people being in the band. Kim made Tigertailz go from sounding like a bargain basement band, to a legitimate rock band that could stand toe to toe with the yanks sonically, and Pepsi was the true creative force in the band. I genuinely think they should have called it a day after he died.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this ain't Tigertailz ... :(

• 2 months later...

Nope, not Tigertailz and nothing special.

Agree

Nope, not Tigertailz and nothing special.

Agree.

I agree with your right to not consider this a true Tigertailz album--though personally I think there's plenty of that patented Tigertailz sound present--but I disagree that this is nothing special. I've been playing the hell out of this EP for several weeks now and love damn near every second of it. (Just posted my full review for Hardrock Haven up in the "Shout" section, by the way.)

This song sounds (OK), but I hope it's not the best track.

This song sounds (OK), but I hope it's not the best track.

It's not. "Bite the Hand," "Spit It Out," and especially "Punched in the Gutz" are all better.

I don't mind it would. Love to hear the full EP. Not as much as I'd love to hear a new White Widdow disc, but I would like to hear it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I get to take a quick listen to this one, and without high expectation, I think it's a good EP and perhaps the quality is as good as the new SKID ROW. Agree that 'Shoe Collector' isn't the best track, in fact it's an okay tune and I prefer the anthemic 'One Life' or 'Bite The Hand', the riffs are fantastic! 'Spit It Out' is a nice commercial-laden track, and 'Punched In The Gutz' is quite average and for me, it's the weakest track here. Production wise is great, musicianship hm well quite so-so, I think maybe Jules fits more with Widdow but he did an okay job.

75%

Yeah, I though this was really good too. I really like all 5 songs and thinks it's a very good, hard hitting hard rock EP. Big riffs, strong songs. Thumbs up from me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gotta say again, I still spin this and I think this EP kicks ass. Best release with the Tigertailz name in a long, long time. And funnily enough, with the personnel involved, it's probably got the purest Tigertailz sound since the 'Bezerk' disc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...