Bands That Have Only ONE Song that You Like

Grey

Are there any bands you don't really like, or listen to, but have put out one song you think is great? I just skimmed through my collection and came up with these. I'm not saying these bands suck. I can easily see why people like them. They're just not my preferred sound.

I skipped independent bands, or bands that have only 1 or 2 albums unless they've been discussed around here.

Accept - Balls to the Wall

Blue Tears - Crush

Bonrud - Bullet in the Back

The Darkness - Love is Only a Feeling

Europe - Rock the Night

Faber Drive - You and I Tonight

The Fixx - Red Skies

FM - Hollow

Foo Fighters - Wheels

Green Day - Good Riddance

Guns n Roses - Civil War

The Kinks - Destroyer

Love/Hate - Blackout in the Red Room

Megadeth - Almost Honest

Papa Roach - Reckless

Pretty Maids - Old Enough to Know

Puddle of Mudd - We Don't Have to Look Back Now

Stryper - Lady

Supertramp - Take the Long Way Home

Talking Heads - And She Was

Tool - Sober

Train - I Am

Vain - 1000 Degrees

W.A.S.P. - Blind in Texas

Yes - Changes

Wow, the one which sticks out in that list is Pretty Maids! Only one song you can find which you like??! Surprising given their varied style from almost AOR to metal.

In our genre I'm struggling to think of any bands where I only like just one song, but otherwise -

Radio head - High n Dry

Sting - every Breathe You Take

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Genesis - Turn It On

Led Zep - Stairway To Heaven

Free - Alright Now

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge

There's a thread somewhere about killer songs on dreadful albums, which I'd promote in answer to this. But wow, there is some harsh stuff on that list. I guess Papa Roach, Vain and Pretty Maids stick out the most. So many great songs, but moreso, a lot of other great songs in the style of the songs you like. Crazy stuff. And don't get me started on Blue Tears *You picked the weakest song on an otherwise killer disc!* What, who said that? Not me. ;)

I guess Faber Drive puzzles me too. Just because every ballad they have recorded, including the excellent 'Too little too late' off their otherwise crap last CD... but all the ballads are kind of the same style and appeal. 'You and I tonight,' I agree, is pure unadulterated perfection, but imo, so are most their other ballads. Not even 'Second Chance?'

Leatherwolf-Hideaway

Midnite Club-Neon Dreaming

Millenium-Hourglass

Kik Tracee-I Don't Need Rules

Lostboyz-Cryin' Out

Living Colour-Cult Of Personality

Shout-Winners & Losers

Wow, the one which sticks out in that list is Pretty Maids! Only one song you can find which you like??! Surprising given their varied style from almost AOR to metal.

In our genre I'm struggling to think of any bands where I only like just one song, but otherwise -

Radio head - High n Dry

Sting - every Breathe You Take

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Genesis - Turn It On

Led Zep - Stairway To Heaven

Free - Alright Now

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge

I never noticed Pretty Maids until I checked out Pandemonium a couple of years ago. After that I listened to their whole discography in a span of about 2 days. Nothing really caught my ear.

Pink Floyd surprises me on your list. You don't like anything else on "The Wall"?

I had Led Zeppelin on my list too (In the Evening), but removed it before posting. I thought I'd get some serious negative feedback for putting them on the list.

There's a thread somewhere about killer songs on dreadful albums, which I'd promote in answer to this. But wow, there is some harsh stuff on that list. I guess Papa Roach, Vain and Pretty Maids stick out the most. So many great songs, but moreso, a lot of other great songs in the style of the songs you like. Crazy stuff. And don't get me started on Blue Tears *You picked the weakest song on an otherwise killer disc!* What, who said that? Not me. ;)

I guess Faber Drive puzzles me too. Just because every ballad they have recorded, including the excellent 'Too little too late' off their otherwise crap last CD... but all the ballads are kind of the same style and appeal. 'You and I tonight,' I agree, is pure unadulterated perfection, but imo, so are most their other ballads. Not even 'Second Chance?'

I was going to make this the "Killer Songs on Sucky Albums" thread, but eventually decided that it wasn't fair to say an album sucked just because I personally didn't like it. For example, I know how many of you like "World Upside Down" and I can see why - it's well-crafted. But "Rock Bottom" is the only song I like from it. I guess I'm just not a huge AOR fan.

I was never much into Sleaze either, that's why Vain and GNR are on the list. My choice of Papa Roach might be unfair because I haven't heard all of their material.

My biggest problem with that Blue Tears CD is that they went a little crazy with the reverb when they recorded it. If it weren't for that, I might be able to appreciate it a little more. I even gave it another spin after we discussed it in December, but I just couldn't do it.

As for Faber Drive, I'll give "You and I Tonight" a 9.9 (just shy of perfection for the bad grammar in the title) :). I only listened to their CDs once. Maybe I'll give 'em another shot.

You guys are killing me.

Pink Floyd - a ton of good tunes....Keep Talking from The Division Bell?

GnR - my goodness, all of Appetite is better than Civil War and I like Civil War just fine.

Vain, WASP, Blue Tears?

Sting, as in the only song you like by The Police is Every Breath You Take?

Even Genesis has a lot of good tunes IMO.

I'm dying here...I've fallen and I can't get up.

Ok, to each his own. I didn't help this thread along any so I'll exit stage left.

lol yeah agree with Jeff, some weird pick out there but I guess that's the way it goes

hm I think I remember several one hit wonders from the 90s such as :

4 Non Blondes - What's Up

My Little Funhouse - Anonymous

Foo Fighters - Walking After You (but actually there are maybe 2-3 more songs but can't remember)

You guys are killing me.

Pink Floyd - a ton of good tunes....Keep Talking from The Division Bell?

GnR - my goodness, all of Appetite is better than Civil War and I like Civil War just fine.

Vain, WASP, Blue Tears?

Sting, as in the only song you like by The Police is Every Breath You Take?

Even Genesis has a lot of good tunes IMO.

I'm dying here...I've fallen and I can't get up.

Ok, to each his own. I didn't help this thread along any so I'll exit stage left.

Pink Floyd is a bit harsh but that is by far my fav, I guess that is what I am hinting at.

Genesis - I can't stand Phil Collins , that's my main gripe but I do love Turn It On.

And yeah I did think that about Sting after posting lol. I love the Police but not his solo stuff so scrub that one.

Some of the other picks are weirder tho - Hourglass by Millenium?? Virtually every other song they recorded is better than that??

A handful that immediately spring to mind:

Living Colour: Love Rears Its Ugly Head

Roxx Gang: Scratch My Back

Annihilator: Never, Neverland

Eric Clapton: Cocaine (which wasn't even his song to begin with)

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts: I Hate Myself For Loving You

Alice In Chains: We Die Young

The Darkness: One Way Ticket ...

If anyone wants me, I'll be over here ... getting my coat ...

Erm .... 'No Easy Way Out'? That's a choooon!

:omg:

GAAAAHHH! 'Alison Hell'? 'Stone Wall'? 'Fun Palace'? Hmm?

'Alison Hell' would be in my top 50(ish) songs of all time. Heathen!

:D

There are quite a few bands where I like only 2 or 3 songs, but 1 is really difficult. These are the only rock and metal examples I can come up with:

Kid Ego - Flirtin With Suicide

Damnation Alley - Psycho City

Biss - Joker In The Deck

Satan - Alone in the Dock

1994 - Sing To Me

Master - Cut Through The Filth

There are loads of non-metal artists for whom I only like one song though. For example (and these are all awesome tunes imo):

Dawn Of The Replicants - Lisa Box

Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta

Cannibal Ox - Iron Galaxy

Mono - Life In Mono

Third Eye Foundation - Corpses As Bedmates

Bis - End Starts Today

McAlmont & Butler - Bring It Back

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Wisdom

Asian Dub Foundation - Free Satpal Ram

Onyx - Raze It Up

:omg:

GAAAAHHH! 'Alison Hell'? 'Stone Wall'? 'Fun Palace'? Hmm?

'Alison Hell' would be in my top 50(ish) songs of all time. Heathen!

:D

Annihilator are another one of those bands that has me flying in the face of popular opinion ... I bought 'Alice In Hell' when it first came out, but I never really warmed to Randy Rampage's voice ... That said, I might have been a teensy bit harsh in saying that they've only done one song that I really like ... some of their latter-day stuff is okay :)

There are quite a few bands where I like only 2 or 3 songs, but 1 is really difficult. These are the only rock and metal examples I can come up with:

Biss - Joker In The Deck

1994 - Sing To Me

There are loads of non-metal artists for whom I only like one song though. For example (and these are all awesome tunes imo):

Mono - Life In Mono

Bis - End Starts Today

Onyx - Raze It Up

I can't remember the last time I heard 'Court In The Act' ... *sob!*

Biss - Joker In The Deck

1994 - Sing To Me

Mono - Life In Mono

Bis - End Starts Today

Onyx - Raze It Up

Yeah, hint taken.

The Satan album was so disappointing. Not a patch on 'Blaze of Obscurity' by Pariah (which I heard first and is a bona fide classic).

I like the Pariah album but, as you have no doubt gathered by now, 'Court In The Act' is a classic as far as I'm concerned ... it never ceases to amaze me that opinion can be so divided over a particular album or artist (the ongoing Bon Jovi debate elsewhere on HH being a case in point) ... it must be a 'timing' thing - you hear an album/song at a particular point in your life, and it just sticks with you (regardless of what the critics/popular opinion may say) ...

That's the excuse I'm using for some of my more 'unusual' music choices, anyway :)

Biss - Joker In The Deck

1994 - Sing To Me

Mono - Life In Mono

Bis - End Starts Today

Onyx - Raze It Up

Yeah, hint taken.

The Satan album was so disappointing. Not a patch on 'Blaze of Obscurity' by Pariah (which I heard first and is a bona fide classic).

McAlmont & Butler: Yes1994: Please Stand ByI think you made Cannibal Ox up :)

And most of the rest of that debut CD!!!

These are the odd ones to me. Some bands listed here, the tune that is singled out is their one commercial tune, or it stood alone in style on the CD. On CDs like this, Blue Tears and Vain, it's not like the dudes mixed it up so much that there was some crazy inescapable difference between the quality of their songs. Crazy talk. ;)

Listened to alot of this band's albums and i really only like the following songs.

Kix-Same Jane

Kix-The Itch

Yeah only "don't close your eyes" ever done it for me with Kix...sorry to any fans out there.

These are the odd ones to me. Some bands listed here, the tune that is singled out is their one commercial tune, or it stood alone in style on the CD. On CDs like this, Blue Tears and Vain, it's not like the dudes mixed it up so much that there was some crazy inescapable difference between the quality of their songs. Crazy talk. ;)

Really? I haven't listened to Roxx Gang for years, but I had the album on cassette back in the day and for me 'No Easy Way Out' was easily the standout tune. 'Too Cool for School' and 'Scratch My Back' were very good and 'Fastest Gun In Town' was okay, but the rest of the album I found really average.

Really? I haven't listened to Roxx Gang for years, but I had the album on cassette back in the day and for me 'No Easy Way Out' was easily the standout tune. 'Too Cool for School' and 'Scratch My Back' were very good and 'Fastest Gun In Town' was okay, but the rest of the album I found really average.

Even 'Nine Lives?' Some of it is hardly "classic" material, but the first 5 songs are all killer. I love the thing, but maybe that's just me. :)

Even 'Nine Lives?' Some of it is hardly "classic" material, but the first 5 songs are all killer. I love the thing, but maybe that's just me. :)

I think we know which of the two of us is more likely to be in the minority on this site.

(I'll give you a clue - it's not you)

;)

Ooh! Ooh! Is it you? It is, isn't it? Do I win a prize? :)

As an aside, I'm going to add 'Hard Way Home' by Drive, She Said to my list ... the rest of their stuff sounds like Michael Bolton to me. And that ain't good.

Ooh! Ooh! Is it you? It is, isn't it? Do I win a prize? :)

As an aside, I'm going to add 'Hard Way Home' by Drive, She Said to my list ... the rest of their stuff sounds like Michael Bolton to me. And that ain't good.

Ooh ... you might get slated for that one. I think the first 2 Bolton albums are seen as classics round these parts...

For my part, I'll add this one to my list:

Salty Dog - Just Like A Woman