Motley Crue splitting up for good?

SamboraRocks86

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/mar/07/motley-crues-nikki-sixx-says-rockers-are-making-pl/

What you reckon? I'm not so quick to believe it to be honest...what with the breakups, lineup changes etc over the last 30 years...this band does have a reputation for saying a lot of crap that turns out to be only half true...

I though they were just talking about new tunes.

They are according to the post even. I guess they have to quit sometime. My guess is its Micks health and the fact that they don't want to ever use someone else.

I think its a combination of things really. Micks health, Nikki and Tommys numerous outside projects. Vinces animosity towards pretty much everyone, plus his other business outlets.

Motley Crue is pretty much a side project these days for everyone except Mick.

That said, Nikki has a habit of saying things and then changing his mind. Hell, not quite the same thing but I remember him in an interview years ago saying he hated the Beatles growing up, but was blown away by Helter Skelter, yet in more recent interviews he has mentioned how much he liked them growing up.

And then of course there was his famous "If any one of us leaves, that will be the end of Motley Crue" yet they continued without Vince and they later continued without Tommy.

Words are worthless, its actions that count.

Doesn't sound too good for their continuation. But like Howdy says, it may seem a good idea at the time but when the guys are sitting at homing drinking tea and stacking dishes into the dishwasher, it's highly likely that in a year or two they're all itchy and want to get back to doing what they have done their whole lives, and no doubt loved most every second of it.

I am dying to hear a new album and hope it isn't the end because then I'll be really cut about missing this tour down here.

What you reckon?

We should be so lucky... :whistle:

Nah, but seriously, they're full of sh*t. They're not going anywhere.

What you reckon?

We should be so lucky... :whistle:

:agree:

I really enjoyed reading 'The Dirt', but they do come across as a pretty odious bunch (other than Mick Mars). Especially Vince, I can't think of anyone more obnoxious, with the possible exception of Axl Rose...

Bunch of crack going around these parts eh? All of Motleys early stuff is killer. Period!

Ok, let me clarify....it's not that I don't like their music, Dr. Feelgood was killer, a lot of their releases had a few killer tunes and a bunch of filler, I actually liked a fair amount of SOLA. My being in the "who cares" category is the stance of enough bullshit and antics. Either make good music, or, "don't go away mad, just go away". (sorry, couldn't help myself)

All of Motleys early stuff is killer.

Emphais on "early," as in Too Fast For Love and Shout At the Devil.

After that they turned into a self-parody transvestite road show.

Then they became really popular!!! :lol:

I put Theatre in that category as well (I know most disagree including Nikki supposedly) but in my eyes Theatre was raw and aggressive. "Tonight", "Use it or Lose It", "Save Our Souls" (Just killer!), "Fight For Your Rights", "Louder Than Hell"...the album can't be denied. I love it just as much as the first two and I consider myself a HUGE Motley fan. In my opinion, if you are going to criticize some of their work it starts with the too polished & paper thin Girls, followed by Feelgood (Jump on and do what everyone else is doing). It wasn't until the S/T Corabi album came out was I reborn with the Crue. Now that album was a ball-buster.

Don't get me wrong, I love Girls & Feelgood but they do not hold up to the 1st three albums.

Bunch of crack going around these parts eh? All of Motleys early stuff is killer. Period!

Ok, let me clarify....it's not that I don't like their music, Dr. Feelgood was killer, a lot of their releases had a few killer tunes and a bunch of filler, I actually liked a fair amount of SOLA. My being in the "who cares" category is the stance of enough bullshit and antics. Either make good music, or, "don't go away mad, just go away". (sorry, couldn't help myself)

:agree:

100% spot on for me. They've done some great songs in their time, but they come across as a bunch of total ****s to me, so I couldn't be more indifferent about what they do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dontdokken

I put Theatre in that category as well (I know most disagree including Nikki supposedly) but in my eyes Theatre was raw and aggressive. "Tonight", "Use it or Lose It", "Save Our Souls" (Just killer!), "Fight For Your Rights", "Louder Than Hell"...the album can't be denied. I love it just as much as the first two and I consider myself a HUGE Motley fan. In my opinion, if you are going to criticize some of their work it starts with the too polished & paper thin Girls, followed by Feelgood (Jump on and do what everyone else is doing). It wasn't until the S/T Corabi album came out was I reborn with the Crue. Now that album was a ball-buster.

Don't get me wrong, I love Girls & Feelgood but they do not hold up to the 1st three albums.

I agree. I never got what was all the hype about Feelgood. It's a great album but it had nothing to do with the whole crue attitude, it had to do with the way the album was recorded... sober