Burning Rain return with "epic obsession" in may

lettard

an unconfirmed(as of yet) tracklist...

1. Sweet Little Baby Thing 2. The Cure 3. Till You Die 4. Heaven Gets Me By 5. Pray Out Loud 6. Our Time Is Gonna Come 7. Too Hard To Break 8. My Lust Your Fate 9. Made For Your Heart 10. Ride The Monkey 11. Out In The Cold Again 12. When Can I Believe In Love 13. Kashmir * (bonus track) 14. Heaven Gets Me By (acoustic version) * (bonus track)

Haha, I know there's a lot of fans of this band here and I'm genuinely happy for them. The band were only ever okay to me but I'll definitely look forward to hearing the new disc to hear what they come up with.

Can't.... .fucking.....wait

Ditto. Doug is only involved, IMO, with quality music. One of the best guitarist on the planet. Enjoyed the two previous albums, should be more of the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heavier than my tastes, but jees that guy can sure play the guitar - love the tone...

• 2 weeks later...

Heavier than my tastes, but jees that guy can sure play the guitar - love the tone...

Heavier than Killthec*ntandeathim or whatever modern hardcore band you're listening to this week? You puzzling, puzzling man. ;)

Not a bad CD, this one, and I expect fans to enjoy it. For me, I thought it was a little average. Solid for what it is, but average. I like 'Sweet little baby thing' and 'The cure,' as well as a couple of the ballads in 'Made for your heart' and 'When can I believe in love.'

Anyway, overall there's a few solid rockers, a handful of weak ballads, and those tracks that stand out for me. It's not bad...

Pre Ordered this on Amazon for $9.99.

Did you get this one yet? How is the packaging? It is still listed for $9.99 so I may pull the trigger if it is packaged worth a damn.

Did you get this one yet? How is the packaging? It is still listed for $9.99 so I may pull the trigger if it is packaged worth a damn.

Just got it and it's a digi pack with some photos inside the package and then a seperate booklet with lyrics and thank you's so it's a nice pacakging IMO.

Just got it and it's a digi pack with some photos inside the package and then a seperate booklet with lyrics and thank you's so it's a nice pacakging IMO.

Cool, I'll grab it with my next order. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since their last album and I'm pretty satisfied with 'Epic Obsession', at least inline with what I expected so far, although at some part, this sound like a Whitesnake leftover, maybe they need to tweak a bit by adding a more original approach.

Almost all songs are pretty much acceptable, with highlights being 'Sweet Little Baby Thing', 'Till You Die' [a heavy stuff but very Whitesnake-ish], 'Pray Out Loud', 'Too Hard To Break' - a very nice radio friendly track, 'Made For Your Heart' - a sensational commercial ballad, love this one!, and the last piano ballad, 'When Can I Believe In Love' is cool too.

The fourth track, 'Heaven Gets Me By', is probably the weakest filler, and 'Ride The Monkey' could have been better. 'Out In The Cold Again' suffered with an average verse but getting better at chorus. 'My Lust Your Fate' has incredible riffs, but the chorus just didn't get there, good ain't great stuff.

Production is very solid, I gave a 9 for that one. Musicianship is top notch, vocal is awesome and the guitars are monstrous, replay value is high of course, love what I heard so far, but around 4-5 tracks didn't pass the 8/10 mark, maybe grow with more spins, but great album nevertheless.

81%