Alice in Chains to release new album in May 2013 - "The Devil Put

whiplash1972

http://www.1065.com/...rticle=10823487

Alice in Chains to Release New Album in May

The Album's Name is 'The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here'

Alice in Chains will release a new album called The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here in May. It will be the band's first studio release since 2009's Black Gives Way to Blue and second album since the death of singer Layne Staley.

Hollow is the first single from the album. It was released in December.

The Seattle grunge veterans will

headline Carolina Rebellion on Saturday, May 4th at the Rock City Campgrounds at Charlotte Motor Speeway.

Holy christ, how is music actually allowed to sound that bad? I remember accidentally seeing a couple of these guys' live songs at Soundwave once. I literally had to get up from my meal and leave the hill I was on because it was so f*cking bad - a lot like this song. So dreary and depressing, I actually want to end my life just hearing the first verse. :(

I thought (and prayed) this music was gone for good. No disrespect to the dead, but Alice In Chains, please fuck off and die. Not literally, but please disappear forever and never approach a musical instrument or microphone again. Please.

Loved the last album n will buy this one too.

Okay I need to ask. As someone who is pretty vocal about disliking modern rock, what the dog testicle do you see in these guys that you like them over any single modern rock band out there? Seriously, how can you justify this as being anything other than pure garbage? Sorry cousin, I need to know what's going on here. It's like someone coming onto the forum and saying, "Hey, you know what? AIDS doesn't sound so bad after all. I'm going to have unprotected sex with an AIDS ridden dude so I can have AIDS too." That's pretty much what a compliment for Alice In Chains sounds like to me.

To each their own and all that, but I need to know...

Okay I need to ask. As someone who is pretty vocal about disliking modern rock, what the dog testicle do you see in these guys that you like them over any single modern rock band out there? Seriously, how can you justify this as being anything other than pure garbage? Sorry cousin, I need to know what's going on here. It's like someone coming onto the forum and saying, "Hey, you know what? AIDS doesn't sound so bad after all. I'm going to have unprotected sex with an AIDS ridden dude so I can have AIDS too." That's pretty much what a compliment for Alice In Chains sounds like to me.

I'm right there...never got them either. Doom, gloom, dreary, almost out of tune sounding with bad vocals. Sounds like a winner!

Sorry cousin there is nothing i could say that could make you like AIC so there is no point in me trying to explain.

Oh no, don't worry about me ever liking them, cousin. I'd sooner eat my balls, spit them out, eat them again and then vomit them out, chargrill them, and eat them again. Then I'd break both my arms and hang from a tree, using my broken arms. Then I'd break my legs and force people to hold me up as I ran around a mile long running track with two broken legs. Then I'd slowly eat each of my own intestines from a gaping wound in my stomach until I died.

I assume there's probably an AIC song that goes a little something like that, actually.

I'm just genuinely curious what someone would hear in this music that could make it appealing. Seriously, I can understand the rap, dance, arctic celtic bagpipe music, jazz, pop, latin, jungle beats... I can understand the appeal of every type of music to certain types of people if that's their thing. But stuff like this, it's got me stumped. Cannot understand what someone could possibly hear in this and say, yep, that's something good. Especially someone from this site, who appreciates melody, good musical skill and hooks, and about anything in the world that makes a song good... none of which I hear in AIC.

• My Little Pony

Oh no, don't worry about me ever liking them, cousin. I'd sooner eat my balls, spit them out, eat them again and then vomit them out, chargrill them, and eat them again. Then I'd break both my arms and hang from a tree, using my broken arms. Then I'd break my legs and force people to hold me up as I ran around a mile long running track with two broken legs. Then I'd slowly eat each of my own intestines from a gaping wound in my stomach until I died.

I assume there's probably an AIC song that goes a little something like that, actually.

I'm just genuinely curious what someone would hear in this music that could make it appealing. Seriously, I can understand the rap, dance, arctic celtic bagpipe music, jazz, pop, latin, jungle beats... I can understand the appeal of every type of music to certain types of people if that's their thing. But stuff like this, it's got me stumped. Cannot understand what someone could possibly hear in this and say, yep, that's something good. Especially someone from this site, who appreciates melody, good musical skill and hooks, and about anything in the world that makes a song good... none of which I hear in AIC.

I agree with our ignorant friend. While I don't hate AIC, this music does absolutely nothing for me. Quite boring.

I own every AiC release, and plan on picking up the new one as well. While I've always been more of an 80s hard rock type of person, I do listen to all kinds of music, and that includes a few of the groups associated with the Seattle/grunge scene. It's a complete 180 from what I normally listen to 95 % of the time, and I usually find myself listening to it when I'm in a bitter/aggressive mood, and it seems to help me work through my issues. :P Nothing better than cranking up "Man in the Box" after a shit day at work and letting the angst flow. :banger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU

I also own everything from Stone Temple Pilots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UOC0C0x8Q

Obviously not as "dark" as AiC, but they seem to draw similar ire.

And one more... the vastly underrated My Sister's Machine ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN71tbLAqfc

Why do I like 'em? I just do.

I like Alice in Chains. So all o' y'all haters can bite me. :D

• My Little Pony

I can't say I'm familiar with anything they've done. That song above, while I don't hate it, doesn't interest me. I don't mind the sound, but the track was quite boring.

• My Little Pony

It's nice to see I'm not only AIC fan around these parts. Hopefully all of this love for them won't make Geoff go crazy.

Your cousin's already crazy, Wes.

No way, AIC died when Layne did.

I do listen to all kinds of music, and that includes a few of the groups associated with the Seattle/grunge scene. It's a complete 180 from what I normally listen to 95 % of the time, and I usually find myself listening to it when I'm in a bitter/aggressive mood, and it seems to help me work through my issues.

I was assuming the answer would be something like this.

Maybe it's an age thing? When I need to hear music to suit this kind of mood - and we all do, no doubt about it. And I listen to a lot of dark, heavy and aggressive bands. But even in a suicidal mood wishing to kill someone, I still like to hear a good riff, hook, melody etc. which is why I'd personally prefer to turn to someone like Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Funeral For A Friend etc. They always hit the spot when I need to work through anger, and the bonus is that the music still suits my everyday quality desires too.

I just see stuff like AIC being so dire that they'd only add to the depression?

Seriously, to each their own. I was a teenager in the mid 90's and this was "my time" for music and I guess I have such a pure hatred for grunge because it stripped me of a youth of enjoying live music, and made me actually not like music at all for about 5 years. Seriously it was that bad and I was so simple that I thought if that's what I had to listen to, I'd rather just not listen to anything at all.

If I'd been a teen in the 80's, I assume I'd have had such an awesome time being a young punk seeing live music. And same if I was a kid today. I do enjoy my live music these days, but I am no doubt very old and feel very old at most concerts I go to. There were so many good bands back in the 80's and there are now. But the 90's, when I should have been enjoying music, was no fun for me and I guess for that I will always have an over-enthused hatred for grunge. Of all styles of music, I have to say it's my most hated. Truly hate every aspect of it.

Anyway, getting off track. Everyone enjoy what you will... just a brief insight into why I despise this band and music so much.

I like AIC's first couple albums. Just picked them both up on cd last week as a matter of fact. That being said, the only thing this song/video accomplished was giving me a MASSIVE headache and putting me in a pissy mood.

I do listen to all kinds of music, and that includes a few of the groups associated with the Seattle/grunge scene. It's a complete 180 from what I normally listen to 95 % of the time, and I usually find myself listening to it when I'm in a bitter/aggressive mood, and it seems to help me work through my issues.

I was assuming the answer would be something like this.

Maybe it's an age thing? When I need to hear music to suit this kind of mood - and we all do, no doubt about it. And I listen to a lot of dark, heavy and aggressive bands. But even in a suicidal mood wishing to kill someone, I still like to hear a good riff, hook, melody etc. which is why I'd personally prefer to turn to someone like Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Funeral For A Friend etc. They always hit the spot when I need to work through anger, and the bonus is that the music still suits my everyday quality desires too.

I just see stuff like AIC being so dire that they'd only add to the depression?

Seriously, to each their own. I was a teenager in the mid 90's and this was "my time" for music and I guess I have such a pure hatred for grunge because it stripped me of a youth of enjoying live music, and made me actually not like music at all for about 5 years. Seriously it was that bad and I was so simple that I thought if that's what I had to listen to, I'd rather just not listen to anything at all.

If I'd been a teen in the 80's, I assume I'd have had such an awesome time being a young punk seeing live music. And same if I was a kid today. I do enjoy my live music these days, but I am no doubt very old and feel very old at most concerts I go to. There were so many good bands back in the 80's and there are now. But the 90's, when I should have been enjoying music, was no fun for me and I guess for that I will always have an over-enthused hatred for grunge. Of all styles of music, I have to say it's my most hated. Truly hate every aspect of it.

Anyway, getting off track. Everyone enjoy what you will... just a brief insight into why I despise this band and music so much.

Damn Geoff, some victim talk going on here? I had know Idea how victimized youd been, im so sorry, what can we do to help you? maybe some Pantera? try out B-Thong, any of Tony Jelonchovich's bands(Transport leage or M.A.N.) Slayer, Venom, any number of good aggressive bands that are better then your alternatives, C.O.C. Superjoint, hell that Red disc is fucking heavy, you know what I went to when grunge took over, Anthrax and Slayer concerts, I saw Kreator, I saw Machinehead, Pro-Pain, Stuck Mojo, and Biohazard, there was never any shortage of killer live bands, I got stabbed watching Snapcase\Earth Crisis, straightedge hardcore bands, the only thing that really went away was AOR and Melodic or commercial rock groups, and you gotta really remember, they were becoming monotonies by then, every band was sounding the same, granted I'd rather have a bunch of those bands that sounded the same then a bunch of grunge bands, but there were some of those post grunge bands that were ok, like I saw Sponge live, and fucking loved them, I hated them from the radio, Stompbox was another one, but I cant think of any grunge outside of Soundgarden I could even stand.

To me Alice In Chains was by far the Metal of the Grunge bands and I guess that's why I loved them so much plus they had two different voices going on and some great solos by Cantrell. They also used to be a Glam band and by far were the most un-pretensious of the grunge bands and seemed to even not mind bands like GNR as so many of the other bands of that era did.