Voodoo Circle - More Than One Way Home

Stefan

band2.jpg

Voodoo Circle's new album 'More Than One Way Home' out Feb 22nd on AFM Records. New single 'Cry For Love' out now and it has a strong Whitesnake feel to it. See below.

p17gbbob0bb3k17eem941m2jbrc4.jpg

Tracks:

01. Graveyard City

02. Tears In The Rain

03. Heart Of Babylon

04. Cry For Love

05. Alissa

06. The Ghost In Your Heart

07. Bane Of My Existence

08. More Than One Way Home

09. The Killer In You

10. The Saint And The Sinner

11. Victim Of Love

12. Open Your Eyes

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think they went out of their way to sound EXACTLY like Whitesnake??

Having said that this sounds great and immediately blows away anything to the PC69 album imo.

Do you think they went out of their way to sound EXACTLY like Whitesnake??

Having said that this sounds great and immediately blows away anything to the PC69 album imo.

I haven't got the VC yet but loved the previous two especially the last one. I don't really compare them to PC69 at all since outside of David singing they don't sound a like at all. I will say i do like the new PC69 disc though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A mighty sophomore album I must say, after three full spins, I'm in awe with this album, and very true that some has said it's a very Whitesnake-ish record. Production and musicianship are stellar, and replayability is very high despite 3 fillers which I think are still acceptable. Couple of flawless tracks for me here are the power ballad 'Cry For Love' and the massive uptempo track 'Bane of My Existence', and several other great tunes that I rated at least 9/10 are 'Graveyard City' [check out the riffs], the bluesy ballad of 'More Than One Way Home', and 'The Killer In You'.

Fillers here are 'Heart of Babylon' which is a safe midtempo track, the bridge is good but the rest is pretty average; 'Alissa' is a decent passable acoustical tune; 'The Ghost In Your Heart' is okay, nothing more. But I hope these three tracks grow on my further spins. Overall, a high quality album and definitely better than the debut for me!

86%

I spun this once but have struggled to return for a 2nd listen. I'll get there soon, but am not in a hurry. The new PC69 is solid but also not overly appealing for repeated spins, but I do prefer the PC69 to this one. Moments on both are nice.

• 6 months later...

Wow! (I know it has been said several times already, but) this band sounds sooooo much like Whitesnake! Really loving this tune though - fantastic!