Opinions on Nelson After the Rain Bonus trax

shamus

"Too Many Dreams" is the greatest Nelson song across their entire discography. I'd highly recommend tracking it down.

I have both bonus tracks, and while they are both good NOT the best Nelson song ever.

"Too Many Dreams" is the greatest Nelson song across their entire discography. I'd highly recommend tracking it down.

I have both bonus tracks, and while they are both good NOT the best Nelson song ever.

Yes, "Keep One Heart" is just okay, nothing spectacular. If you're going to buy the Japanese pressing, it's all for "Too Many Dreams"

No, no, NO! I will NOT be suckered into buying this bloody album again!

How can you say "no" to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz3gJjgZ-nU

Those are some nice hooker boots they have on in the first pic, now I remember why I hated these guys in high school. :lol: Granted I really enjoy the After The Rain disc now in my old age.

Yep 'Too Many Dreams' is a great song and should have been included on the main album imo.

Not in the place of Desire though - I love that track.

Really? That's the only song I would boot off the album. Maybe their worst song ever imo.

Yep 'Too Many Dreams' is a great song and should have been included on the main album imo.

Not in the place of Desire though - I love that track.

Really? That's the only song I would boot off the album. Maybe their worst song ever imo.

I'll have to agree with Glen as I too quite like Desire. IMHO After The Rain is one of those perfect albums, like High N Dry or Slide It In, every song is perfect and the album plays front to back without a miss...

I do like those "bonus" tracks and agree that Too Many Dreams could easily have been on ATR and fit the mold perfectly.

'Too many dreams' is definitely better than most the album. And I agree with Jarred, 'Desire' is pretty awful. Along with 'More than ever' and 'Fill you up.' And 'Will you love me?' Like I have always said, there's as many fillers on this disc as killers. Massively over-rated CD, but the good songs make up for the rubbish. :)

'Too many dreams' is definitely better than most the album. And I agree with Jarred, 'Desire' is pretty awful. Along with 'More than ever' and 'Fill you up.' And 'Will you love me?' Like I have always said, there's as many fillers on this disc as killers. Massively over-rated CD, but the good songs make up for the rubbish. :)

Will you love me is the best song on the album. Are you being serious or fucking w/ me???

Will you love me is the best song on the album. Are you being serious or fucking w/ me???

I think he's saying it's shit.

But he's also saying More Than Ever and Fill You Up are also shite (I think??) which is mofo crazy speak.

Fill You Up is one of my fav tunes ever and a bona fide classic song.

Also one of the best songs I have ever seen performed live - pure bliss!

I think he's saying it's shit.

But he's also saying More Than Ever and Fill You Up are also shite (I think??) which is mofo crazy speak.

Fill You Up is one of my fav tunes ever and a bona fide classic song.

Also one of the best songs I have ever seen performed live - pure bliss!

Just had to listen to these 2 again to check I'm not going mad.

Thankfully my marbles are still intact - both classics just as I remembered.

Amazing verses, choruses and solos (esp fill you up)

It's what I listen to music for.

Yeah, sorry dudes, I think all 4 of those songs are massive fillers. Just really tacky, poppy fillers. I will say, though, the pre-chorus on 'Will you love me' is as good as anything on the CD, but the chorus is terrible. :(

For the record, I pretty much hate the chorus for 'I can hardly wait' too. But the rest of the song is pretty damn good.