Sunstorm

Glen

There are also a few cover versions of some old Bolton Songs as well - 'You Wouldnt Know Love', 'Gina' and 'Emotional Fire'.......probably dont sound quite as good as the originals, but good to hear JLTs take on these.

I'm sure that Geoff will love these two 'inspiro rockers' as well ;-)

Seriously though pretty good songs to these ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNxmcfRrnOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv62NjSj7XM&feature=related

Yes, they sound really good. Can't wait!

There are also a few cover versions of some old Bolton Songs as well - 'You Wouldnt Know Love', 'Gina' and 'Emotional Fire'.......probably dont sound quite as good as the originals, but good to hear JLTs take on these.

Haha. You used me inspiro rocker term!!! Best post of 2012. Nice one. ;)

Anyway, how good a song title is 'Never Give up?' Awesome.

Anyway, I did have a point. I LOVE 'Wouldn't know love' and 'Emotional fire,' so can't wait to hear those covers. I don't have time to hear the samples tonight but will try asap - I can't wait to hear this thing.

I have been sampling this for a day or 2, finally got to listen to it as a whole. All I can say is that(for me) this is the best of the 3. There are 3 cover songs on here that JLT made his own for sure, and then you have the others. The opening track is great(Never Give Up), Wish You Were Here, Torn In Half, The Higher You Rise, and Follow Your Heart are all awesome! Oh, and Lay Down Your Arms is nice.

Absolutely killer disc. Only spun it once, but I might well agree with the thoughts that this is the best one yet. People have spoken of the Michael Bolton songs, which I personally only know as Cher songs. I love the Cher versions, but it's great to hear them done here too, and I have to admit I kind of already prefer these new versions. Killer songs, just like the rest of the CD. The song 'Emotional Fire' not only benefits from the male lead vocals, but the Cher version had crazy backing vocals... nice to hear them kept in line this time around.

Great disc.

Absolutely killer disc. Only spun it once, but I might well agree with the thoughts that this is the best one yet. People have spoken of the Michael Bolton songs, which I personally only know as Cher songs. I love the Cher versions, but it's great to hear them done here too, and I have to admit I kind of already prefer these new versions. Killer songs, just like the rest of the CD. The song 'Emotional Fire' not only benefits from the male lead vocals, but the Cher version had crazy backing vocals... nice to hear them kept in line this time around.

Great disc.

The Bolton version of 'You Wouldnt Know Love', is absolutely awesome in every way shape and form - hear it, immediately.

Great disc.

The Bolton version of 'You Wouldnt Know Love', is absolutely awesome in every way shape and form - hear it, immediately.

Which album is it on? I only ever really heard his 'Everybody's Crazy' CD. Cher's version is brilliant. It's a killer song and it'd be hard to destroy, to be honest. :)

Great disc.

Which album is it on? I only ever really heard his 'Everybody's Crazy' CD. Cher's version is brilliant. It's a killer song and it'd be hard to destroy, to be honest. :)

Soul Provider I think..........talk about a one song album! lol.

Its on you tube.

• 2 months later...

Been listening to this one this afternoon; wow, what a great CD! Probably my favorite Sunstorm release now, and one of the best releases so far in 2012 along with Trixter & Luley IMO. :quagmire:

Ohh dear. This sounds very good. And I was hoping for a quiet year in rock music. :help:;)

Ohh dear. This sounds very good. And I was hoping for a quiet year in rock music. :help:;)

I know, way to many AWESOME cds are out. And we are only in the first half of the year!!!

I know, way to many AWESOME cds are out. And we are only in the first half of the year!!!

Yep, I keep telling myself to stop reading the music press and online CD reviews, but I can't do it. Of course, visiting HH a couple of times each day doesn't help... ;)

Yeah, this got a few mixed early reviews on this site early on, but I can't really see a flaw with it myself. I'm hoping to review some discs soon but I expect this to be right up in the top section of my list.

Another disc that got full spin on my flight, I think it's still consistent after 4-5 spins, but I still doubt whether this will held its 90% personal score eventually, probably dropped down a bit to 85%, but still a very solid one!

Yeah, this got a few mixed early reviews on this site early on, but I can't really see a flaw with it myself. I'm hoping to review some discs soon but I expect this to be right up in the top section of my list.

I gave it a mixed review and I played all 3 Sunstorm discs at the weekend and this was easily the weakest. A few highlights, and there was barely a filler on it, but the overall standard of everything: vocals, song quality, production had all dropped by a notch IMO. Decent, and worth getting, but about a 7.5/10 at best from me...

I gave it a mixed review and I played all 3 Sunstorm discs at the weekend and this was easily the weakest. A few highlights, and there was barely a filler on it, but the overall standard of everything: vocals, song quality, production had all dropped by a notch IMO. Decent, and worth getting, but about a 7.5/10 at best from me...

Interesting comments. I'll probably download a couple of tunes from this one. From what I've listened to, the songs sound better that those on the new Hardline album, which seems to be getting a far better response.

Interesting comments. I'll probably download a couple of tunes from this one. From what I've listened to, the songs sound better that those on the new Hardline album, which seems to be getting a far better response.

Mmm, there are 4 or 5 songs on Hardline better than this IMO.

For me the debut sunstorm is the best.

I look forward to spinning all 3 in a row too. All 3 are super but I think this new one may be the most consistent one for me.

Mmm, there are 4 or 5 songs on Hardline better than this IMO.

For me the debut sunstorm is the best.

Yep the Hardline is better IMO.