Sunstorm

Glen

Yeah, this got a few mixed early reviews on this site early on, but I can't really see a flaw with it myself. I'm hoping to review some discs soon but I expect this to be right up in the top section of my list.

I gave it a mixed review and I played all 3 Sunstorm discs at the weekend and this was easily the weakest. A few highlights, and there was barely a filler on it, but the overall standard of everything: vocals, song quality, production had all dropped by a notch IMO. Decent, and worth getting, but about a 7.5/10 at best from me...

Interesting comments. I'll probably download a couple of tunes from this one. From what I've listened to, the songs sound better that those on the new Hardline album, which seems to be getting a far better response.

Mmm, there are 4 or 5 songs on Hardline better than this IMO.

For me the debut sunstorm is the best.

Yep the Hardline is better IMO.

There is no doubt that the hardline is better than Sunstorm, but I love that new Sunstorm!

Yeah, this got a few mixed early reviews on this site early on, but I can't really see a flaw with it myself. I'm hoping to review some discs soon but I expect this to be right up in the top section of my list.

I gave it a mixed review and I played all 3 Sunstorm discs at the weekend and this was easily the weakest. A few highlights, and there was barely a filler on it, but the overall standard of everything: vocals, song quality, production had all dropped by a notch IMO. Decent, and worth getting, but about a 7.5/10 at best from me...

Interesting comments. I'll probably download a couple of tunes from this one. From what I've listened to, the songs sound better that those on the new Hardline album, which seems to be getting a far better response.

There is no doubt that the hardline is better than Sunstorm, but I love that new Sunstorm!

Really think I'm missing something with Hardline. Sounds average at best to me.

Can't wait to get Hardline. Not sure why all the CDs have suddenly gone up in price everywhere I buy them from. This and Jaded Heart are my next 2 blind purchases, but not sure from where. Considering how much I love Sunstorm, and I do actually believe Hardline will be better, I cannot wait!

Really think I'm missing something with Hardline. Sounds average at best to me.

the samples dont do Hardline justice - the solos etc are excellent.

Can't wait to get Hardline. Not sure why all the CDs have suddenly gone up in price everywhere I buy them from. This and Jaded Heart are my next 2 blind purchases, but not sure from where. Considering how much I love Sunstorm, and I do actually believe Hardline will be better, I cannot wait!

I do think the Hardline is better. Is tricky to compare though as Sunstorm had such high-standards to follow, which is why I'm slightly (very slightly) disappointed, whereas Hardline had no such high-standards so is better than expected. Both similar in style, big-vocals and slick Euro-AOR that has that modern compressed production (that sucks at volume).

I do think the Hardline is better. Is tricky to compare though as Sunstorm had such high-standards to follow, which is why I'm slightly (very slightly) disappointed, whereas Hardline had no such high-standards so is better than expected. Both similar in style, big-vocals and slick Euro-AOR that has that modern compressed production (that sucks at volume).

Haha, very true, which is why I was so surprised and pleasantly surprised when I heard those samples.