Vega

Glen

Update -

THE BIG FUTURE OF VEGA

Production of anticipated second album almost complete!

While rock journalists are still applauding debut album Kiss of Life as “the most exciting record to come from these shores (UK) in a long time”,VEGA are close to wrapping up production on their highly anticipated, as yet untitled, second album.

Unsatisfied with the confinements of the melodic rock genre, frontman Nick Workman, James (keys) & Tom Martin (guitars) and Dan Chantrey (drums) have their sights set on an all-encompassing rock crowd. “We’re grateful for the incredible response we had to Kiss of Life, we put a lot of love into that album, but this second album takes it to the next level and we can’t wait to deliver”says Nick.

The guys chose the 14 (of 25) songs for this album before they had even finished their 2011 touring of Kiss of Life . “It was a tough selection, but this album packs a massive punch, it’s important to us to make this album an essential element for any music collection. We are confident every song will be a fist-clenching favourite with the rock fraternity”explains Dan.

Working again with the brilliant producer/engineer John Greatwood, this album is packed with hook-laden riffs and infectious melodies. The band are lining up UK & European shows to give this album the platform it deserves, and having such a glorious reception to their live performances to date, they are eager to exceed expectations again. Full album release information will be available soon.

As Malcolm Dome, Classic Rock, wrote in his review of the band: “Vega are a British melodic hard rock band who stand apart from most in this vein, because not only do they write melodic songs, but they’ve a significant depth. Debut album Kiss Of Lifeshows enough talent and cohesion to suggest a big future awaits”…That big future blasts off in 2012, be sure to hold on tight.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooooo looking forward to this one !! :guitbannana:

Good news indeed. But why can't the press release just say "new Vega album in late 2012" without all that other bullshit? Everyone likely to read the press-release knows who they are, and it contains no information whatsoever about song titles/dates etc. If you interview someone from the band they'll say "this is the best album we've done" whether they believe it or not. Just ignore me, am having a bad day!

Good news indeed. But why can't the press release just say "new Vega album in late 2012" without all that other bullshit? Everyone likely to read the press-release knows who they are, and it contains no information whatsoever about song titles/dates etc. If you interview someone from the band they'll say "this is the best album we've done" whether they believe it or not. Just ignore me, am having a bad day!

yeah, not sure this is a press release........I think someone may have copied that from their Facebook page or the like...

The debut was easily one of the best releases of 2010, I'm highly anticipating a new one.

I'm actually anticipating anything worth buying in 2012, nothing as of yet. The last release I bought was the Magnificent in November. Nothing that has come out since has peaked my interest.

The debut was easily one of the best releases of 2010, I'm highly anticipating a new one.

I'm actually anticipating anything worth buying in 2012, nothing as of yet. The last release I bought was the Magnificent in November. Nothing that has come out since has peaked my interest.

I'd have thought the new SAFETYSUIT would have been right up your street...

I'd have thought the new SAFETYSUIT would have been right up your street...

Sounds cool a cross between Anberlin and Thriving Ivory. I've sorta lost interest in much of the modern stuff, not that the melodic rock / AOR isn't samey, but I find that to be the case with modern stuff.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Steve Newman on the new Vega album -

Hi guys,

Over the passed week or so, and by way of very special thanks to my good friend Nick, I have had the pleasure of listening to the brand new Vega album.

Now, I'm sworn to secrecy on song titles etc but just let me say, there's stuff on here that just rocks and is superbly executed.

It's a natural progression, and a step up production wise from "Kiss Of Life" and I personally loved that album !!

Songs... Rockers, Moody, Anthemic, catchy as hell, it ticks all the boxes, the band sounds great, and Nick hasn't sung better than this in his life!

This is certainly going to be in my top albums of 2012 for sure !!

I really do wish the guys all the best on this one.... !!

I think there's a press release coming pretty soon.

• 2 months later...

Not to get anyone excited, but this thread will be over a year old before they release their 2nd cd. It's coming out in 106 days, well into 2013.

At least a new single is coming next week. Really....waiting 100 days after your lead off single has been released before releasing an album seems a bit long doesn't it?

http://www.vegaoffic...FICIAL.COM.html

The good news by the time you read my message it will be down to 105 days :(

• My Little Pony

Not to get anyone excited, but this thread will be over a year old before they release their 2nd cd. It's coming out in 106 days, well into 2013.

At least a new single is coming next week. Really....waiting 100 days after your lead off single has been released before releasing an album seems a bit long doesn't it?

http://www.vegaoffic...FICIAL.COM.html

The good news by the time you read my message it will be down to 105 days :(

Yeah, that is odd. Especially when you consider that Steve Newman post was back in early August. If the album was finished, why wait so long? Even if he just heard unmastered tracks, does it really take 180+ days to get from there to finished product?

From the band -

Hi everyone

Basically the plan was for an autumn release but because we wanted to do things properly we had to get certain things in place. That has taken longer than planned but its now sorted. This album is KISS OF LIFE x1000 and we are so proud of it that we didn't want to half arse anything. We wanted to keep the UK tour dates so the label agreed to release the single for that. It won't feel like 105 days with Christmas in there but it will feel like Christmas all over again when you buy/illegally download the album ;0)

White knuckle ride is out next week and we will be playing new songs on the 3 UK dates, so get yourself along to York, Nottingham or London!

Thanks for the ongoing support folks.

Nick

• My Little Pony

From the band -

Hi everyone

Basically the plan was for an autumn release but because we wanted to do things properly we had to get certain things in place. That has taken longer than planned but its now sorted. This album is KISS OF LIFE x1000 and we are so proud of it that we didn't want to half arse anything. We wanted to keep the UK tour dates so the label agreed to release the single for that. It won't feel like 105 days with Christmas in there but it will feel like Christmas all over again when you buy/illegally download the album ;0)

White knuckle ride is out next week and we will be playing new songs on the 3 UK dates, so get yourself along to York, Nottingham or London!

Nick

White Knuckle Ride? So they're covering Jamiroquai?

From the band -

Hi everyone

Nick

well as you know, the Martin bros of Vega are seasoned songsmiths & have written some of the best tunes out there for a plethora of artists. Don't be surprised if the jamiroquai song was actually penned by the Martin bros :)

• My Little Pony

From the band -

Hi everyone

Nick

well as you know, the Martin bros of Vega are seasoned songsmiths & have written some of the best tunes out there for a plethora of artists. Don't be surprised if the jamiroquai song was actually penned by the Martin bros :)

Like Glen suggested, it's most likely an original song, but I wouldn't be opposed to an AOR rendition of Jamiroquai's track.

A pretty solid lead off single, not mind blowing but still good. The verses are average, but the chorus really makes it. VEGA is British right? Not only does the band sound like they are from Scandinavia, but they also look the part.

A pretty solid lead off single, not mind blowing but still good. The verses are average, but the chorus really makes it. VEGA is British right? Not only does the band sound like they are from Scandinavia, but they also look the part.

[media=]

[/media]

Fookin great IMO. If its all as good as this I'll be a very happy camper !!