Vega

Glen

Yeah, I actually just came here to post the fact that I thought this was better than any release this year, and then I got carried away, and thought I may as well explain my score.

As for how I heard it, I know Jesus and he owed me a favour for blowing him one time.

You Sir, are desperate! ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I actually just came here to post the fact that I thought this was better than any release this year, and then I got carried away, and thought I may as well explain my score.

As for how I heard it, I know Jesus and he owed me a favour for blowing him one time.

Haha. I was going to go to a place that devious, but godfuckingdammit! I'm just too holy a Christian for that.

Next time Jesus and I are having anal sex... uh, I mean we're discussing how cute small kittens are. Yeah, so next time we're doing that I'll ask him to zap you for being so blasphemous. Sinner.

I just wanted was to hear the new Vega.....but now I'm having nightmares of Jesus jizzing all over Geoff's back.

You could have just said wait a month you curious bastard!!!!! Ohhhh no, you had to take one step too far.

I just wanted was to hear the new Vega.....but now I'm having nightmares of Jesus jizzing all over Geoff back.

You could have just said wait a month you curious bastard!!!!! Ohhhh no, you had to take one step too far.

Blame the crazy Finn. ;)

Haha. I was going to go to a place that devious, but godfuckingdammit! I'm just too holy a Christian for that.

Next time Jesus and I are having anal sex... uh, I mean we're discussing how cute small kittens are. Yeah, so next time we're doing that I'll ask him to zap you for being so blasphemous. Sinner.

I hope you 'give' rather than 'receive'; especially appropriate at this time of year. Plus I've heard he's got an enormous tool.

I hope you 'give' rather than 'receive'; especially appropriate at this time of year. Plus I've heard he's got an enormous tool.

Why is there an electric storm precisely above me?.....

Oh no Geoff, you didn't??!! :puke::gone:

• 3 weeks later...

From Spinefarm Records:

"UK ROCKERS Vega have confirmed a March 11th release for their second studio album, ‘What The Hell!’; this will be the band’s first release for Spinefarm Records/Ninetone, and is the follow-up to their 2010 outing, ‘Kiss Of Life’.

Produced by Vega & co-produced & mixed by John Greatwood (Entombed, Corroded, etc.), the new album features 14 tracks and, according to frontman Nick Workman, each one of them was given a thorough work-out prior to inclusion…

The thing is, we wanted to write an album where every song could be considered as a single. We pretty much demoed each one twice before we were satisfied, and we were fortunate enough to have Joe Elliott cast his ear over some of the demos – his comments were a massive influence on our individual performances…

Also” continues drummer Dan Chantrey, “we decided to record through the night, as we felt that the atmosphere was more in keeping with the tone of the songs. We would start the session with a huge caffeine injection and then push on until we fell asleep behind the drums, the mic, guitars or whatever...

From Spinefarm Records:

"UK ROCKERS Vega have confirmed a March 11th release for their second studio album, ‘What The Hell!’; this will be the band’s first release for Spinefarm Records/Ninetone, and is the follow-up to their 2010 outing, ‘Kiss Of Life’.

Produced by Vega & co-produced & mixed by John Greatwood (Entombed, Corroded, etc.), the new album features 14 tracks and, according to frontman Nick Workman, each one of them was given a thorough work-out prior to inclusion…

The thing is, we wanted to write an album where every song could be considered as a single. We pretty much demoed each one twice before we were satisfied, and we were fortunate enough to have Joe Elliott cast his ear over some of the demos – his comments were a massive influence on our individual performances…

Also” continues drummer Dan Chantrey, “we decided to record through the night, as we felt that the atmosphere was more in keeping with the tone of the songs. We would start the session with a huge caffeine injection and then push on until we fell asleep behind the drums, the mic, guitars or whatever...

March! Dammit! Taking wayyyyyy too long to be released.

What did actually happen with this one? Why was the finished product available on the net so long before the release date? I don't see that much, if ever. Seems a strange case to me...

What did actually happen with this one? Why was the finished product available on the net so long before the release date? I don't see that much, if ever. Seems a strange case to me...

some journo scum leaked it.

there was a big hoo har at the time and Andrew said that the person was being 'dealt with'

• 5 weeks later...

Way too long to come out, I've almost lost interest. Many of the songs have been floating around for what feels like forever.

With a bad album name, terrible album cover and the lead off video coming out 6 months prior to the actual release....I would call the new Vega a complete and utter fail on how to promote an AOR/Melodic Rock release.

Way too long to come out, I've almost lost interest. Many of the songs have been floating around for what feels like forever.

With a bad album name, terrible album cover and the lead off video coming out 6 months prior to the actual release....I would call the new Vega a complete and utter fail on how to promote an AOR/Melodic Rock release.

Yeah but if some scumbag hadn't leaked it you wouldn't have heard any of these songs

Bands quite often release a single early.

As long as it is a great album - which it will be, I couldn't care less to be honest - so much other music about we are hardly left twiddling our thumbs are we ;-)

Yeah but if some scumbag hadn't leaked it you wouldn't have heard any of these songs

As long as it is a great album - which it will be, I couldn't care less to be honest - so much other music about we are hardly left twiddling our thumbs are we ;-)

I agree that it appears to have been the worst handled release I can ever recall in our genre, but like Glen points out, it will all be a trivial and pointless memory once the CD is released and we can all have sex with it, and like it and stuff. It's damn good stuff.

I agree that it appears to have been the worst handled release I can ever recall in our genre, but like Glen points out, it will all be a trivial and pointless memory once the CD is released and we can all have sex with it, and like it and stuff. It's damn good stuff.

You are that type of man aren't you? You'll have sex with it even before liking it. :)

The handling of this release no matter how awesome the music will be, was a fiasco. I still hate the cover and the album title, but like you've said the music will more then make up for it.

Does anyone really pay attention to an album cover or title?? Vega could call it twat face nob juice and have a plain white cover with pink spots as long as every track was a killer slice of melodic rock.

• My Little Pony

Right you are, my French counterpart. Bad name, bad cover, and the whole delay, not really indicative of great promotion. However, that has no effect on the quality of the music, and it should have no influence on our opinion of the music.

• My Little Pony

Does anyone really pay attention to an album cover or title?? Vega could call it twat face nob juice and have a plain white cover with pink spots as long as every track was a killer slice of melodic rock.

Yes. While it may not have a great effect on me, I appreciate an artist that gives attention to every detail.

Yes. While it may not have a great effect on me, I appreciate an artist that gives attention to every detail.

As long as there are lyrics I couldn't give a shit :-)

• My Little Pony

As long as there are lyrics I couldn't give a shit :-)

Yeah, I hate the exclusion of lyrics. What's worse is when you can see a lot of effort has been put into the booklet--multiple pages of art, photos, and credits--but no lyrics. That literally pisses me off.

What The Hell! is available for pre-order at Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B9AK5KU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

but still pricey at 10.21, I'll wait till it drop around 8.99 and need to revisit again the samples for a complete rating

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to a few tracks off this one last night. Sounded pretty damn fantastic to me, but my first impressions are often wrong...

How good do we think this is?

Only heard the tracks on you tube but they sound strong.

Me too. Exactly.

But I don't trust me.