Vega

Glen

• My Little Pony

Only heard the tracks on you tube but they sound strong.

Me too. Exactly.

But I don't trust me.

I don't trust you either.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Exactly.

But I don't trust me.

Probably for the best.

I'm a bit of a ****.

;)

• My Little Pony

Me too. Exactly.

But I don't trust me.

Probably for the best.

I'm a bit of a ****.

;)

I've noticed.

;}

Me too. Exactly.

But I don't trust me.

Probably for the best.

I'm a bit of a ****.

;)

I've noticed.

;}

Forever the charmer ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for the physical release, I revisit this album again probably for the fifth or sixth time, and surprisingly the song really holds and even better. At first, I think 'White Knuckle Ride' is pretty decent, but in fact, it turns out to be a very anthemic and energetic song. 'What The Hell' is sloppy at verse but awesome at chorus and perhaps 'Raise The Game' remains the weakest track here which I rated around 7. There are at least 4 perfect tracks for me : 'Not There For You', 'Cry', 'Bless My Soul', and 'Saviour', but some other highly rated tunes such as 'Fade Into The Flame', 'You Can't Run', 'She Walks Alone', and 'Hands on The Air' are worth to check out too.

Production is flawless, musicianship is around 8.5, and replay value is definitely perfect. VEGA, together with W.E.T and WORK OF ART, definitely are among new bands that succeed in producing two consecutive awesome albums, and I'm pretty sure, they will continue the run to the third album. Can't wait for this one, and I'm interested to see how these three compete later this year for the top spot, if WOA did release their third album.

93%

Yep it is another very good album.

Folk will be torn between this and WET depending on your preference as this has many more modern touches than WET which is pure 80s mhr. Can't deny the hooks here though which are by and large spot on.

I do believe that WoA has the potential to trump both but we will see and don't discount Pretty Maids! Only a few days to go til that hits and I've been reading VERY good things.

Yep it is another very good album.

Folk will be torn between this and WET depending on your preference as this has many more modern touches than WET which is pure 80s mhr. Can't deny the hooks here though which are by and large spot on.

I do believe that WoA has the potential to trump both but we will see and don't discount Pretty Maids! Only a few days to go til that hits and I've been reading VERY good things.

From what I've heard it's not about modern touches - I don't usually like modern rock at all - but I just think the songs sound so much better on the Vega CD. W.E.T. just sounds generic and bland in comparison. Just my tuppence.

Shame the release has been delayed; mine should have turned up by now.

Great album this. As I said a bit more modern than the debut, but there are some amazing hooks going on. Sophomore slump? What's that lol??!

Great album this. As I said a bit more modern than the debut, but there are some amazing hooks going on. Sophomore slump? What's that lol??!

It's pretty much a continuation from the first one, with a few less keys and a bit more crunch in the production department. I think over all the debut just edges it for me, as that contains my 2 fave Vega tunes 'Staring At The Sun' and 'Hearts Of Glass', but no doubting 'What The Hell' is a superb disc.

It's pretty much a continuation from the first one, with a few less keys and a bit more crunch in the production department. I think over all the debut just edges it for me, as that contains my 2 fave Vega tunes 'Staring At The Sun' and 'Hearts Of Glass', but no doubting 'What The Hell' is a superb disc.

Yeah some definite crunch in the production department. I too love SATS, but listening back to back the production sounds weak, as good as that song is.

Love both - pretty much on a par for me.

Wow, for me, I gotta say - as much as I love the debut - I think the new one completely destroys it. There is arguably no song on the new disc as good as 'Stay with me,' but probably about the next 9 songs in Vega's top 10 songs so far are on this CD. Like I said, debut is great, but this is so much more consistent and the space between the best and next best song is nowhere near as big as the debut.

Well I rated the debut as 90% so nothing is gonna 'destroy' it. The new album might just 'edge' it, but listening to the debut earlier today only the first song doesn't quite cut it, the rest are all excellent IMO. The production on the new album is better though with a more powerful modern sound.

I also think the debut slightly edge this one, I rated it around 95% or maybe more, and this one's 93%, so yeah nothing's destroying anything actually, almost equally great and both are must buy

About Time!!! I got this one in the mail today. Came from Manchester in 6 days, another cd I bought here in Canada on the same day hasn't arrived yet...go figure.

Sounds very good, a bit more modern. No real fillers, but some tracks don't get me excited after a few spins. The title track is so-so with that weak intro, Raise Ya Game is a bad song title and a pretty average tune at best and Fade In To The Flames, I find this one to be boring. The rest sounds very promising. For some reason I'm not the biggest fan of Nick Workman's vocals, not sure what it is, maybe needs a bit more ruffness or a lower tone, is he too polished? I remember thinking the same thing after the debut. I don't know what it is...the problem is probably my ears.

• My Little Pony

Yep. I not a fan of his vocals either. And, agreeing with Glen again, I do think he's more bearable on this release. Still, it, along with some boring tracks, is what keeps me from loving this.

Yep. I not a fan of his vocals either. And, agreeing with Glen again, I do think he's more bearable on this release. Still, it, along with some boring tracks, is what keeps me from loving this.

Yeah I don't mind his vocals but it doesn't keep me really liking this disc as the songs are generally great!

• My Little Pony

Yeah I don't mind his vocals but it doesn't keep me really liking this disc as the songs are generally great!

I'm still holding out for WOA and Electric Boys, which I'll probably enjoy more than anyone here.

Hmm, really? I actually love his vocals. Did since the first time I ever heard Kick. He's kind of unique, I guess, but I genuinely like his voice.

Heard this back to back with the debut the other day and yeah, totally stand by my above thoughts. I would put 'Stay with me' in the mix with the new CD, but other than that, probably about 8-9 songs on here better than the next best song on the debut, imo.

I puked a little in my mouth when I realised who Nick Workman's voice reminds me of at times.....Bono from U2!

I'm really trying to like the new Vega, but it has been a struggle so far. The replay value is dropping like the market did in 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good disc, but I like the debut album a lot more. "Saviour" and "Cry" are the big standouts for me, but there's too much filler through the mid-section of this to be a disc I'd play from beginning to end. Production is also a bit muddy IMO. It's still a strong disc and well worth getting, but probably below expectations slightly and definitely below the quality of the W.E.T disc IMO (by quite some margin). About an 8/10 from me...

This is a good disc, but I like the debut album a lot more. "Saviour" and "Cry" are the big standouts for me, but there's too much filler through the mid-section of this to be a disc I'd play from beginning to end. Production is also a bit muddy IMO. It's still a strong disc and well worth getting, but probably below expectations slightly and definitely below the quality of the W.E.T disc IMO (by quite some margin). About an 8/10 from me...

Mmm, which songs dont work for you? I tend to like most of them actually. That ballad about flames or something is quite weak.