Vega

Glen

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The new Vega CD leaked all over the internet a week or so ago. I wonder how that happened

• 2 weeks later...

Vega - What The Hell!

VEGA%2B-%2BWhat%2BThe%2BHell.gif

Tracklist:

01. Carnival Of Lost Souls (intro)

02. White Knuckle Ride

03. What The Hell

04. Not There For You

05. Cry

06. Raise Ya Game

07. Fade Into The Flames

08. You Can't Run

09. Bless My Soul

10. She Walks Alone

11. Turn It On

12. Saviour

13. It's Gonna Be Alright

14. Hand In The Air

Vega - What The Hell!

Tracklist:

02. White Knuckle Ride

03. What The Hell

04. Not There For You

05. Cry

06. Raise Ya Game

07. Fade Into The Flames

08. You Can't Run

09. Bless My Soul

10. She Walks Alone

11. Turn It On

12. Saviour

14. Hand In The Air

from the cover, album title and the song titles....Raise Ya Game....really....they seem more like a modern hard rock band, rather than an AOR/Melodic Rock act. The only thing missing to really throw it off even more is a special guest rapper called DJ Somethingorother or guest vocals from some dude who placed 7th on American Idol.

I know I'm gonna love the music, but the visuals seem cheesy and not very appealing

Vega - What The Hell!

Tracklist:

02. White Knuckle Ride

03. What The Hell

04. Not There For You

05. Cry

06. Raise Ya Game

07. Fade Into The Flames

08. You Can't Run

09. Bless My Soul

10. She Walks Alone

11. Turn It On

12. Saviour

14. Hand In The Air

from the cover, album title and the song titles....Raise Ya Game....really....they seem more like a modern hard rock band, rather than an AOR/Melodic Rock act. The only thing missing to really throw it off even more is a special guest rapper called DJ Somethingorother or guest vocals from some dude who placed 7th on American Idol.

I know I'm gonna love the music, but the visuals seem cheesy and not very appealing

yeah agree mate. Visually, it's more like a modern rock cover, but then it's maybe an intervention from their major label, probably was done to attract more youth generation. Honestly, it's more fitted to be a DISTURBED or GREEN DAY cover :D

BTW, have heard the whole album leak the other day and generally, the debut is somewhat slightly stronger but this one is also very likable and over time, I guess it'll have its own place in my top 10, although 2013 looks like a stiff competition for them. There are 14 songs to pick so leaving off 2 weakest track, I guess it's still worth a 85 or even 90%, so another must buy for next year

yeah agree mate. Visually, it's more like a modern rock cover, but then it's maybe an intervention from their major label, probably was done to attract more youth generation. Honestly, it's more fitted to be a DISTURBED or GREEN DAY cover :D

BTW, have heard the whole album leak the other day and generally, the debut is somewhat slightly stronger but this one is also very likable and over time, I guess it'll have its own place in my top 10, although 2013 looks like a stiff competition for them. There are 14 songs to pick so leaving off 2 weakest track, I guess it's still worth a 85 or even 90%, so another must buy for next year

This, 100%. Terrible cover, looks exactly like something Green Day would produce as you say.

Just makes me wonder, What The Hell ... were they thinking? :huhsign:

This, 100%. Terrible cover, looks exactly like something Green Day would produce as you say.

Just makes me wonder, What The Hell ... were they thinking? :huhsign:

It's not what the band's thinking I guess, but more of a major label's thinking :)

Had a quick listen of this last week too. First impression is that it's better than the debut. Maybe one or two fillers, but a lot of really great melodic rockers. Even a couple to compete with 'Stay with me' off the debut. Really loved the sound of this.

One of the many standouts for me on this one. With enough plays, songs like this would comfortably sit close to alongside 'Stay with me,' off the debut, which is one of the best songs I've heard, to be totally honest.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I just dropped a sexy little review on this and it turns out this would have been the best album of the year if it was officially released this year. The only album I have rated higher than BBABH all year.

What sucks about that is how disappointed that BBABH was about the first CD I heard this year, and it was never topped, imo, of course. It's kind of a bummer when the first CD you hear all year is the highest rated and never topped.

I'll actually be amazed if Vega is bettered in 2013. I truly hope it is, but for me it's going to be near impossible. Here's my review in brief for when this it out amongst the people:

1. Carnival Of Lost Souls (0:42) - intro

2. White Knuckle Ride (3:38) - killer melodic rock opener with a very good catchy chorus - 9.25

3. What The Hell (3:40) - another very nice melodic rocker with a good hook - 8.75

4. Not There For You (4:28) - killer melodic rocker - really love it - 9.75

5. Cry (4:19) - another great song with a monster chorus - 9.75

6. Raise Ya Game (3:15) - not perfect, but some really great parts - 8.50

7. Fade Into The Flames (5:10) - beautiful ballad with a great, strong chorus - 9.50

8. You Cant Run (4:01) - absolutely brilliant melodic rock… stunning. Only reason it didn't get a 10 is the drums in the chorus, which I love but maybe aren't 100% suitable for the song - 9.75

9. Bless My Soul (4:03) - killer, killer melodic rock with a huge hook - 9.75

10. She Walks Alone (4:03) - arguably the best song here - killer melodic rock. Perfect - 10.00

11. Turn It On (4:18) - very nice, a little more basic melodic rocker - 9.50

12. Saviour (4:05) - more near flawless melodic rock with a great chorus - 9.75

13. Its Gonna Be Alright (4:30) - splendid balladic track - 9.50

14. Hand In The Air (4:44) - pretty much a perfect melodic rock track to close out the album - 9.75

Total - 95.00

I'm not really jealous at all lol. Glad it's as good as it is, I'm sure I'll love it!

You'll have to. I don't want to get stupid and over-hype it only to have people disappointed, but if you liked the debut, and Kick's awesome debut... well in my opinion this betters both of them. Really pure melodic rock with constantly killer songs. Every chorus is so damn good! And the rest of it...

So, I just dropped a sexy little review on this and it turns out this would have been the best album of the year if it was officially released this year. The only album I have rated higher than BBABH all year.

What sucks about that is how disappointed that BBABH was about the first CD I heard this year, and it was never topped, imo, of course. It's kind of a bummer when the first CD you hear all year is the highest rated and never topped.

I'll actually be amazed if Vega is bettered in 2013. I truly hope it is, but for me it's going to be near impossible. Here's my review in brief for when this it out amongst the people:

1. Carnival Of Lost Souls (0:42) - intro

2. White Knuckle Ride (3:38) - killer melodic rock opener with a very good catchy chorus - 9.25

3. What The Hell (3:40) - another very nice melodic rocker with a good hook - 8.75

4. Not There For You (4:28) - killer melodic rocker - really love it - 9.75

5. Cry (4:19) - another great song with a monster chorus - 9.75

6. Raise Ya Game (3:15) - not perfect, but some really great parts - 8.50

7. Fade Into The Flames (5:10) - beautiful ballad with a great, strong chorus - 9.50

8. You Cant Run (4:01) - absolutely brilliant melodic rock… stunning. Only reason it didn't get a 10 is the drums in the chorus, which I love but maybe aren't 100% suitable for the song - 9.75

9. Bless My Soul (4:03) - killer, killer melodic rock with a huge hook - 9.75

10. She Walks Alone (4:03) - arguably the best song here - killer melodic rock. Perfect - 10.00

11. Turn It On (4:18) - very nice, a little more basic melodic rocker - 9.50

12. Saviour (4:05) - more near flawless melodic rock with a great chorus - 9.75

13. Its Gonna Be Alright (4:30) - splendid balladic track - 9.50

14. Hand In The Air (4:44) - pretty much a perfect melodic rock track to close out the album - 9.75

Total - 95.00

Confused how this can be a 2013 release if you've already heard it and also rated it. If it isn't available, who did you blow to get it before everyone else? Wait, I don't wanna know who you blew, but I'd like to know how did get to hear it?

NOT FAIR!!!! I WANNA HEAR IT TO!!!! :crying:

Ha ha backed. This was a bit of a tease from Geoff. If I hear a preview of an album I normally hold off with a full review until it is released.

Maybe he couldn't contain his excitement ;-)

Yeah, I actually just came here to post the fact that I thought this was better than any release this year, and then I got carried away, and thought I may as well explain my score.

As for how I heard it, I know Jesus and he owed me a favour for combing his hair one time.