NFL Refs help the Pats Again!

heaven&hell

Lee Evans caught the ball and the game was over.

You can't knock the ball out in the end zone after he has possession and makes a football move especially after they allowed Gronkowski's catch last week against Broncos. No review No discussion. The biggest travesty in the NFL playoffs since the stupid fucking Tuck Rule.

How can we cheer for a sport that is so obiviously fixed for one team year and year............

nope, when it is a catch you have to maintain possession all the way through the play. Look at the Calvin Johnson play last year. If it was a rush all you have to do is cross the line. unfortunately the rules for a reception has gotten a little less about common sense and more about "till the end of the play"

nope, when it is a catch you have to maintain possession all the way through the play. Look at the Calvin Johnson play last year. If it was a rush all you have to do is cross the line. unfortunately the rules for a reception has gotten a little less about common sense and more about "till the end of the play"

You obviously didnt watch the Broncos game last week when Gronkoski not only did NOT maintain possession but bobbled the ball and landed on top of it with it hitting the ground but it was somehow a catch. Evans caught the ball landed on his feet and turned his body. How is that different than someone on a QB sneak and just as they cross the goal line the ball is knocked out. It's not different. The NFL knows what they want and the Refs don't follow the rules that are set in place. What a fucking joke!

You obviously didnt watch the Broncos game last week when Gronkoski not only did NOT maintain possession but bobbled the ball and landed on top of it with it hitting the ground but it was somehow a catch. Evans caught the ball landed on his feet and turned his body. How is that different than someone on a QB sneak and just as they cross the goal line the ball is knocked out. It's not different. The NFL knows what they want and the Refs don't follow the rules that are set in place. What a fucking joke!

If that was a call last it was a bad call last week. As for a runner crossing the goal, the difference is that the runner is consdered to have possession as a runner, a WR must complete a catch through the play. If it was a bad call you would already hear the uproar from everywhere. everyting I've seen from all the anlayst haven't said a thing about a bad call and from what I watched over the last few years that is the way the rules are stated for a catch.

BTW - I'm pretty sure you will see at least one or two more calls that benefit the Patriots before the end of the year.

If that was a call last it was a bad call last week. As for a runner crossing the goal, the difference is that the runner is consdered to have possession as a runner, a WR must complete a catch through the play. If it was a bad call you would already hear the uproar from everywhere. everyting I've seen from all the anlayst haven't said a thing about a bad call and from what I watched over the last few years that is the way the rules are stated for a catch.

I have people talking about it Facebook and one week something is a catch and the next week it's not. He had possession and as Dave said they should have reviewed it and they would have reveiwed if it was the NFL's Golden Boys the Patriots. This league is so out of whack but nothing will ever change since it's all about money. Heck i'm not even a Ravens fan but that was a catch period.

And to prove a point that this isn't just about the Pats you can look at the no fumble call on Jenninngs in the Giants Packers game last week and that was after they reviewed the play and it was an obvious fumble but the refs still said no fumble. Week to week the rules are different depending on who is playing and the who the league wants to win.

It wasn't a catch, shoulda... but it was dropped, never had possesion of it. Although something that important in the final minute should have at least been reviewed.

The missed kick is the real heartbreaker. Scott Norwood is all I have to say. Living in Niagara Falls, Scott Norwood is one name you never forget, even if it's been 20 years.

It wasn't a catch, shoulda... but it was dropped, never had possesion of it. The missed kick is the real heartbreaker. Scott Norwood is all I have to say. Living in Niagara Falls, Scott Norwood is one name you never forget, even if it's been 20 years.

Ball was in his hands and was not bobbling and he made a "football move" by turning and putting his foot down and then it was knocked out. I don't know what a guy is supposed to do to show it's a catch but again that seems to change week to week game to game depending on what teams and players are involved.

this was way more of a catch but like was said, consistant calls need to be addressed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqAuFs6Deko

Oh I agree 100% that was a catch and there has been many since then that they've called a catch that were the same.

Pats vs. Giants...talk about a Super Bowl match up that's boring and that I couldn't care less about. The Giants are playing like mad men, winning 4 playoff games in a row if you count the win againt Dallas in the final week of regular season.

So two weeks of hearing about how the Pats want to avenge the loss to the Giants from a few years ago, the Giants wanting to prove the last Super bowl wasn't a fluke, which Manning is better?, is this Brady's swan song? ....blah! blah! blah!

The biggest reason I hate this match up is Coughlin and Belichick, I'm sick of them both. I wanted different teams, something new like the Lions, Ravens, 49'ers even Tebow's Cinderella Broncos.

Pats vs. Giants...talk about a Super Bowl match up that's boring and that I couldn't care less about. The Giants are playing like mad men ever winning 4 playoff games in a row if you count the win againt Dallas in the final week of regular season.

So two weeks of hearing about how the Pats want to avenge the loss to the Giants from a few years ago, the Giants wanting to prove the last Super bowl wasn't a fluke, which Manning is better?, is this Brady's swan song? ....blah! blah! blah!

The biggest reason I hate this match up is Coughlin and Belichick, I'm sick of them both. I wanted different teams, something new like the Lions, Ravens, 49's even Tebow's Cinderella Broncos.

Yes.. Probably the most boring possible game out of the possibilities.

I would say San Fran vs. N.E.... Balt. vs. San Fran... Balt. vs NY... would all have been a much more exiting match up. Looks like a yawnfest.

Not sure how many were even aware of this:

NFL Won’t Investigate Scoreboard-Gate

The league is not investigating the scoreboard discrepancy at Gillette Stadium during the Ravens’ AFC championship loss.

The boards showed the wrong down and distance on three different plays during the Ravens’ final series leading up to Billy Cundiff’s 32-yard missed field goal.

A source close to the situation told the Baltimore Sun that the league hasn’t received a complaint from the Ravens. Additionally, the NFL’s operations crew didn’t notice anything that would warrant an investigation.

Talk about a home field advantage.. :popcorn:

and imagine.. The NFL will not even look into this issue.

scoreboard is for the fans anyway. all your players should know what down it is by the sideline markers. if the Ravens have no complaints then was it really an issue? you have the down marker on the sideline at the spot of the ball and the distance to go with the chains.

GO PATS

scoreboard is for the fans anyway. all your players should know what down it is by the sideline markers. if the Ravens have no complaints then was it really an issue? you have the down marker on the sideline at the spot of the ball and the distance to go with the chains.

GO PATS

I thought you were Steeler fan? If so how can you cheer for the Pats? Just curious....

As for the scoreboard I did read about this a few days back on yahoo sports that somehow the kicker always follows the same routine off by himself by what down it is so if no one told him the down was wrong he very well could have been thrown off in his routine and then was rushed onto the field and was out of sync. But then again the coach should have called a timeout in that situation since he had one but then again the Evans catch/drop should have been reviewed by the refs since it was the last two minutes of the game and close plays are supposed to be reviewed upstairs and maybe that would have given them more time but I think there was one more play in between those so that might have not mattered. The games over there's nothing that can be done about it now but it is just damn curious that the Pats always are the ones that seem to get these mysterious breaks.........

you know what, I ask myself the same thing. I'm a Steeler fan yes, and I'm pulling for the Pats. don't ask me how that works. I guess besides almost pulling 98% of the time for the AFC in the big game I'm just a Brady fan. Now that the talk is about how he has under performed in his last few playoff games I think he is going to have the chip back on his shoulder. I do think the Giants should be the favorite in this game though. after all is said and done, the Giants have much more talent on their side than the Pat's do. the Offense can go toe to toe with Brady and company in the passing game. Giants have the advantage in the running game and are head and shoulders above them in defense.