Chickenfoot III

edwithmj

I prefer the debut. It's more rockin' than III. I kind of equate this one to more of a Sammy solo album vs. the guitar driven debut. Both are excellent but I prefer the debut.

I'm finding it very hard to even get interested enough to even bother listening to this at least once, but I feel I should at some point. Sadly, I'm in no hurry at the moment. Far too many more interesting new releases coming out at the moment.

my first impression based on my previous post here

CHICKENFOOT - III (2011)

at a first glance, looks like this is more interesting than the debut. Less technical, more song oriented I guess. Most of the songs are enjoyable but as usual, none of them are really shiny except for two tracks, 'Different Devil' and 'Come Closer'. There are at least 2 or 3 dreadful tracks, but the rest are pretty good / great, so I think it's a major step-up from the original. If you're a fan of the debut, you might like this even better, if you despise the debut, this one might make you interested. (80%)

i'm interested to explore more, great disc,

hopefully it grows more or at least it stayed strong at around 80%

So is there a reason their second album is called III?

I think I read somewhere that because they thought the album was so good they're skipping the second one and going straight for the third or something like that.

I think I read somewhere that because they thought the album was so good they're skipping the second one and going straight for the third or something like that.

On that Metal Show Sammy said something to the effect of you know how there is the 2nd album jinx, sophmore slump....that kind of thing? so they totaly skipped the 2nd album and went to Chickenfoot III

On that Metal Show Sammy said something to the effect of you know how there is the 2nd album jinx, sophmore slump....that kind of thing? so they totaly skipped the 2nd album and went to Chickenfoot III

good idea, even though at first, when I heard they were going to release 'III', it suddenly reminds me of 'Van Halen III' and you know how bad it is :D

Oh well, I wasnt blown away by the debut, so I doubt a second album would have been worse ;)

• My Little Pony

good idea, even though at first, when I heard they were going to release 'III', it suddenly reminds me of 'Van Halen III' and you know how bad it is :D

Van Halen III is actually my favourite Van Halen album (Heh, queue the scoffers). I just love Gary Cherone!!

On topic: I still haven't listened to this, but I'm very excited to. I love the debut.

Van Halen III is actually my favourite Van Halen album (Heh, queue the scoffers). I just love Gary Cherone!!

On topic: I still haven't listened to this, but I'm very excited to. I love the debut.

oh really ? that's surprising, been a long time since i heard that album but I recall only 2-3 good tracks there.

I like Gary Cherone but he just didn't belong here, IMHO, and probably only fits well in Extreme, because in Hurtsmile, it seems like a bad idea for him as well :)

I think the production by Mike Post killed VHIII and of course there weren't as many great songs as other VH albums but I felt Gary sounded fine vocally but sounded a lot like Sammy. There were a few great songs on there and the only song I hated was "How Many Say I".

• My Little Pony

I think the production by Mike Post killed VHIII and of course there weren't as many great songs as other VH albums but I felt Gary sounded fine vocally but sounded a lot like Sammy. There were a few great songs on there and the only song I hated was "How Many Say I".

Gary definitely brought a different element to the group. I guess it helps that I don't really care much for Van Halen, so his presence is the only thing that brings me back to it. Most of the tracks are great, in my opinion, but I can't stand "How Many Say I."

• My Little Pony

which song on VHIII did Eddie do lead vocals on?

sorry, but I don't care for that album at all. a couple good songs that sound like it is trying to be a Van Hagar cover band and that was it.

That was "How Many Say I" and it was horrendous.