3/4 Dokken Reunion

T-BONE

:popcorn:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/dokken-0711-2011/

The planned classic-era Dokken reunion now may be off the table, but that hasn’t stopped three quarters of the band from getting together to lay down some tracks, both old and new, and taking a little dig at the missing member in the process.

George Lynch has told Classic Rock Revisited that he has formed a new band with Dokken alumni Jeff Pilson (bass) and “Wild” Mick Brown (drums) called Tooth and Nail, named after a Dokken album. “That’s Dokken without Don,” Lynch explained. “The record is called Dump the Chump.”

Pilson, who now plays in Foreigner, is a very capable vocalist, taking the mic for the brilliant Lynch/Pilson album Wicked Underground in 2005. “When the Dokken reunion was not going to happen we just said, ‘Why don’t we just do this? This is way cooler,’” Lynch told Classic Rock Revisited. “Many years later, we are doing it and it is just for fun. It is half new material and it is half old Dokken material.”

Lynch says Tooth and Nail have already started recording, and will finish work on Dump the Chump around the end of the year, after his and Pilson’s schedules have cleared.

"Dump the Chump?" :rofl2:

Which is why it says thats its "when their schedules are clear".

Plus, you'd say thats its probably only a part time thing anyway.

Yeah, but when they tried the reunion thing recently, the reports made it sound like it was Jeff who nixed the whole thing (because of his involvement with Foreigner). Now all of a sudden he's up for it when his scedule clears. Maybe he just wasn't willing to work with Don again?

I'd say that not wanting to work with Don was defo the real reason.

Although that said, I'd guess that a full Dokken reunion would probably require him to devote a lot more time to it, as I cant imagine Don wanting it to be an occasional project.

Which is why it says thats its "when their schedules are clear".

Plus, you'd say thats its probably only a part time thing anyway.

Yeah, but when they tried the reunion thing recently, the reports made it sound like it was Jeff who nixed the whole thing (because of his involvement with Foreigner). Now all of a sudden he's up for it when his scedule clears. Maybe he just wasn't willing to work with Don again?

Has anyone seen Don Dokken lately..? Last year when I saw Dokken (At least the first couple songs) it was painful. Don's voice is a mere shell of what it once was. Maybe that also has something to do with leaving Don out of this project. It would be doing disrespect to the Dokken legacy for the 4 members of Dokken to do anything with the condition of Don's voice.

~ Just my opinion of course...

I've always liked Dokken, and was lucky enough to see 'em in '88 (supporting AC/DC). A friend of mine saw Dokken a couple of years ago - without George Lynch or Jeff Pilosn. He said it was just embarrassing ... if the three are working together without Don, the results could be worth a listen ...

*Pilson* ... stoopid fingers ...

I don't see this happening. I think it's a joke. :unsure:

George has been known to retract his statements many times before. I have a feeling he will do so yet again.

I know nothing, but I'd put decent coin on this being a joke too. 'Dump the chump?' Not a chance in hell I could see an album like this being released with that name.

If there is truth to it, I'd welcome the actual CD. I still like Don, even with his damaged voice, but a new CD in the style of Dokken, with the other 3 guys could actually sound really good and fresh.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Gotta love how its always Don's fault....gimme.a.fucking.break Sounds like sour grapes.

I love Lynch but the post-George Dokken albums have all been quality releases.Hopefully these guys can grow up,and put the fans first...and Smoke and Mirrors while decent comes nowhere near LSA on all levels btw.

Going on Don's rep in the business, sounds like they have a right to not want to work with him.

Regardless of what the music sounds like with regards to Don producing classic albums and George producing shit, its not about that, its about how hard the guy is to work with.