Dynazty - Knock You Down

Jeff

Wow didn't see this thread at first thought it was missing (hence the new topic started). From the other thread.

Ok so I just got both the European and the Japanese versions of the new DYNAZTY album "Knock You Down". It is like 2 completely different albums! For starters the songs are mixed completely different on each album! Songs are different as well! Different song intros, and parts! This is pretty wild, and has made the double purchase well worth it! It reminds of of the SPREAD EAGLE (Spread Eagle) and VARGA (Prototype) thing where there was 2 versions of the same album with alternate mixes and songs were edited differently! I will try to upload a sample of what I mean in a little bit.

The Japanese bonus tracks are awesome! Each album has 2 bonus tracks not found on the others release.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Shit

The song 'The Great Delusion'...........was a mofo arse kicking song that is. The end of it had me laughing, seriously awesome stuff. Just blows you away.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one helluva great CD! While their debut was a nice, solid release, on "Knock You Down" the band has really cranked things up a few notches. While I'm currently awaiting a new crop of 2011 releases to arrive in the mail (Poodles, Black n Blue, Warrant, FarCry) this is probably my fave for the year so far... :banger:

I prefer the production on the European version but like the song structures better on the Japanese version.

In this case I'll definitely be seeking out the Euro version. I think Glen worked out the version I have heard is the Jap version, and I just did not like the production job at all, mostly just really weak drum sound. So if the production is better on the Euro one I'll seek it out. Otherwise it's a great album.

Like everyone else, though, where do you buy this mofo at?

I prefer the production on the European version but like the song structures better on the Japanese version.

In this case I'll definitely be seeking out the Euro version. I think Glen worked out the version I have heard is the Jap version, and I just did not like the production job at all, mostly just really weak drum sound. So if the production is better on the Euro one I'll seek it out. Otherwise it's a great album.

Like everyone else, though, where do you buy this mofo at?

The drum sound on the European release is much more dynamic and ballsier.

You can get it at

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/DynaztyKnock.htm

we all know NEH listed it, but the price is killing man :doh:

i wonder why they didn't sell it for only $10 at their website, that's the most reasonable and ordinary price for a disc. In these days of digital age where people can download anything easily, why does artist still want to charge an overpriced value and doesn't appreciate the people that really want to buy and support their disc ? that same goes to Blackrain and Miss Behaviour, weird really!

btw anyone in need of Jap version, there's a listed item here :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290569903332&rvr_id=235284370598&clk_rvr_id=235284370598

starting bid $20 with free shipment, but it has SAMPLE sticker on the back, just a head up, in case anyone interested

we all know NEH listed it, but the price is killing man :doh:

i wonder why they didn't sell it for only $10 at their website, that's the most reasonable and ordinary price for a disc. In these days of digital age where people can download anything easily, why does artist still want to charge an overpriced value and doesn't appreciate the people that really want to buy and support their disc ? that same goes to Blackrain and Miss Behaviour, weird really!

I agree $20 is to much and I'm waiting for it to get into the $12 range. Perris was selling the debut for that price since it came out and I'm not sure why they don't have a US release yet.

• 5 months later...

Just been listening to 'New Sensation' and 'This Is My Life' from this one and very impressed. Other songs are pretty good too. Seems a pretty expensive CD though. :doh:

The whole thing is excellent, but the euro version (which is the best) is nigh on impossible to find at a decent price.

...and the good news?

;)

the other day, i'm trying to contact George (drummer) and suggesting him to hold a limited promotional activity, maybe say $15 included shipment for the community

on the new album, as he's the one sending me samples for a review, but probably they're still busy touring as there are no answers from their camp and it's been a week.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but I really don't understand this. How the f*ck can a CD that only came out this year be so bloody expensive? Did they only press 100 CDs? In which case, why go to the effort of releasing it at all? Surely it doesn't benefit anyone; band, label, etc, to release a CD that no one can actually buy?

:wacko:

It's okay, I've got some Valium around here somewhere... erm ...

Maybe I'm being naive here, but I really don't understand this. How the f*ck can a CD that only came out this year be so bloody expensive? Did they only press 100 CDs? In which case, why go to the effort of releasing it at all? Surely it doesn't benefit anyone; band, label, etc, to release a CD that no one can actually buy?

:wacko:

It's okay, I've got some Valium around here somewhere... erm ...

The problem is that Stormvox is a local Swedish label, means that they focus by selling in Sweden and not outside, or probably some other Scandinavian countries, and they didn't have a large distribution partner like AOR Heaven or Frontiers did. (AOR Heaven and Frontiers even have South America / Russian partners and that's really excellent to kick up sales)

The record deal with Stormvox is probably much better for the band than Perris Records, that could be the strongest reason they dropped Perris, because when they're under Perris, the distribution is very good, and you can get Perris disc very easy and in a very reasonable price ($10).

and the other release is Japanese version, which of course, the price of new release is beyond belief.

Best thing for Dynazty to grab a very wide audience is to seal a deal with Frontiers later on their third album, or maybe good thing to have major label such as Universal or Atlantic, and got promoted in USA because they deserved it.

oh and that also happened with that bloody Blackrain disc, still can't get any access to it, even no reply from the band themselves lol have you bought that disc bro ?

The 2011 album? Yeah, I have the 2-disc version. Although imo it's not as good as the previous album and I may be putting it on eBay in Jan or Feb.

Sounds like Stormvox should get some sort of distribution deal going. You can't even get the CD from the Stormvox site (which, imo, is a really poor site).

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to this now, courtesy of Glen (thanks mate). Very good album with lots of good songs on it, the title track is probably my favourite. Shame more people won't get to hear it!