IF YOU COULD ADD ONE ARTIST TO HH...

LV KIX

Just curious.. if you could personally add ONE band or artist to the main Heavy Harmonies site, who would it be. Who is the most overlooked artist or band that you feel fits the HH format.

Make an argument for your choice.

This might be interesting... we shall see.

They probably don't fit the "format" at all, but I'm gonna say the Ramones.

Why? Cuz they f*ckin' RULE that's why!

I just bought the Wounded Bird release of TRASH - "BURNIN' ROCK" which I had a bootleg copy forever & went to look up reviews for it on the site & couldn't believe it wasn't on there... :screwy:

I can name quite a few:

Reggie Knighton Band

Sweeney Todd

Nick Gilder

Epitaph

THE ROCKETS!!!!! :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

Bob Seger

I did add EDEN-EDEN to the data base, but it got deleted. The band is basically August Redmoon, who is on the sight :blink:

There is one in every bunch (like a bad banana). The question clearly asks for ONE artist or band. :baneed:

Some really good ones (and a bad one or two). :omg:

Of those listed so far I'd say that in my worthless opinion both The Ramones and Crack The Sky should certainly be included on the HH site.

My ONE pick would be SR-71. They are melodic, rockin', catchy choruses and the songs are some of the best written in the last 10 or 12 years.

Seems strange that there are 2 off-shoot bands from SR-71 on the site (Cinder Road & Charm City Devils).

SR-71... :tumbsup:

Candlebox

Reason.......Fucking Nickleback....No Candlebox.Pretty simple if you ask me.

I would agree that Candlebox should be added. :tumbsup:

And I have really come around to enjoying Nickleback. After my initial hate of them when they first arrived on the scene, their last couple albums have grown on me big time - sort of a "good time party rock" of this generation, similar to what Poison was back in the day.

I can name quite a few:

Reggie Knighton Band

Sweeney Todd

Nick Gilder

Epitaph

THE ROCKETS!!!!! :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

Bob Seger

I did add EDEN-EDEN to the data base, but it got deleted. The band is basically August Redmoon, who is on the sight :blink:

There is one in every bunch (like a bad banana). The question clearly asks for ONE artist or band. :baneed:

OK, OK!!

Please don't :baneed: me yet.

I'll go with Bob Seger..

NIGHT MOVES had some great rockers on it. His BOB SEGER SYSTEM stuff was quite hard, but never reissued on c.d.

Candlebox

Reason.......Fucking Nickleback....No Candlebox.Pretty simple if you ask me.

I would agree that Candlebox should be added. :tumbsup:

And I have really come around to enjoying Nickleback. After my initial hate of them when they first arrived on the scene, their last couple albums have grown on me big time - sort of a "good time party rock" of this generation, similar to what Poison was back in the day.

Another vote for Candlebox here. I have always liked Nickelback as well.

I have always liked Nickelback as well.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shocked:

C'mon, check out "Shakin' Hands" from their album Dark Horse, it totally kicks ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkALx_O7MHU

I have always liked Nickelback as well.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shocked:

C'mon, check out "Shakin' Hands" from their album Dark Horse, it totally kicks ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkALx_O7MHU

Not my cup of tea, but I'll admit it's better than the singles I've heard.

I would choose to have Crimson Glory or Vicious Rumors that I'd like to see on here, but both probably too 'metal'.

Dave, I'm sure that if you submitted SR-71 these days it'd be included on the site. Maybe even my pick of Cauterize would too? Isn't there now a place for these types of modern bands?

Anyway, like I think we always said, Dave, I always thought SR-71 should have been included if only for their links to "hair metal" band Honor Among Thieves. :) If Southgang / Butch Walker can do it, why not Honor Among Thieves / SR-71?

I only know Swano's death metal stuff, so the idea of him doing prog/AOR is intriguing. Does the band play guitar solos though? The one thing I don't like about a lot of Swano's stuff is that there aren't many solos.

The one and only:

STRAWBS

They are a mixture between british folk and progressive rock. I once submitted their "Hero and Heroine" CD, which is awesome, but it was turned down. :(

I only know Swano's death metal stuff, so the idea of him doing prog/AOR is intriguing. Does the band play guitar solos though? The one thing I don't like about a lot of Swano's stuff is that there aren't many solos.

Well the guitar solos are not their strongest point. But the music is good enough to give it a try imo. And I always loved Swanö's voice (both clean and death-style vocals).

My first choice would be Bachman-Turner Overdrive. I submitted two CDs of theirs before but they were rejected. Their music is classic hard rock and there are only a couple of songs I don't like by them.

Other honourable mentions.

Grand Funk Railroad;

Huey Lewis And The News (I started a poll about this that got a close "no" vote. The people spoke and that's fair enough);

Trapeze;

The Cars (I understand that quite a few of their songs are unsuitable);

Spin Doctors (poppy vocals but quite good funk rock on closer inspection);

Red Hot Chili Peppers (same as above but their later stuff is pop crap);

Little Feat (perhaps a little too soft);

Free (perhaps a bit too early);

Yes.

I'll go with BTO though.