The best

staryder1

Large venue: tough call, probably Metallica's AND JUSTICE FOR ALL tour in 1989, or possibly KISS' reunion tour in '96.

Small venue: Savatage and Trouble at L'amour Brooklyn, 1990. I still get a six foot erection with a cheeseburger on the end of it whenever I even think about that gig.

Loved my first concert in 1980 with the Scorpions supported by Blackfoot.

Bon Jovi at Donington in 1987 was excellent.

Iron Maiden at Donington in 1988 was my best concert until I saw........

Eagles in 2001, absolutely immaculate performance, definitely my best ever concert.

Hmmm, only seen ones in recent years. I'd have to say my fave so far, in a tiny little place, was Ted Poley last year. :)

Large venue: tough call, probably Metallica's AND JUSTICE FOR ALL tour in 1989, or possibly KISS' reunion tour in '96.

Small venue: Savatage and Trouble at L'amour Brooklyn, 1990. I still get a six foot erection with a cheeseburger on the end of it whenever I even think about that gig.

Love that Dennis Leary quote and I've been known to use it, to my wife's dismay, quite regularly...

For me this is a toughie, I've seen some GREAT bands in both arena venues and clubs.

Best "arena" show/band probably Judas Priest. Hell of an impressive stage show, saw them on Defenders of the Faith (great White opened this show supporting theur Stick It release) and the Turbo (Dokken and someone else...) tours and a close second with Dio doing the Killing The Dragon tour (kings X opened and Hammerfall was on the bill but did a no show).

Best "club" show/band would be a toss up between quite a few: Saigon Kick, The Lizard tour in a micro dive, EZO supporting Fire Fire also in a small bar, Enuff Z Nuff on the Para phenalia tour in a tiny tiny Chinese restaraunts bar, War Babies, Alice N Chains, Metal Church supporting Blessing in a tiny little bar and Kings X every time I see them in a micro club of late they are truly stellar showmen...

So many good shows James. :)

Love that Dennis Leary quote and I've been known to use it, to my wife's dismay, quite regularly...

For me this is a toughie, I've seen some GREAT bands in both arena venues and clubs.

Best "arena" show/band probably Judas Priest. Hell of an impressive stage show, saw them on Defenders of the Faith (great White opened this show supporting theur Stick It release)

I'm really jealous about the Defenders show you saw. And with GW at their best with the raw Stick it. The Turbo tour was my first concert actually,,,

It's hard to say which shows have been the best but,,,

Def Leppard - Hysteria tour in Gothenburg was great. You could see the joy to be back on stage,,,

Danger Danger - Sweden Rock 2004 . Bruno Ravel usually says this is one of the best DD shows ever. I have to agree with him It was pure magic with Ted stage diving and,,,

Gotthard - Gothenburg 2008. The were on fire this evening in this small venue and the crowd helped them lift the roof,,,

I would suppose the best Stadium show I ever saw was U2 with Little Steven opening... Or maybe Madonna.

I would say the best Arena show I ever saw was The Who at the MGM in Vegas.

The best Small Theater show would have to have been Joan Jett and the Blackhearts with KIX opening. A close second would be Twisted Sister with Great White and TNT supporting.

Best club show would have to be either Joan Jett at The Ritz in New York City on New Years Eve of 1989. Maybe any of the Joan Jett and the Blackheart shows oo Broadway in about 1990. But I can't leave out any New Years Eve show with KIX at Hammerjacks.

* Just seen way to many shows to really pick favorites.

Wow, too many to just pick one.....but these are some highlights -

Iron Maiden - Hammy Odeon (1983) - Piece of Mind tour

Bon Jovi (FM support?) - Hammy Odeon (1986?) - Slippery tour......row F right in the middle.

Giant - Marquee Club (London) - (1991/2?)

Danger Danger - London Astoria - (1989) - s/t tour

Queen - Knebworth

Love/Hate - Marquee Club - Blackout tour (I almost died!)

Puddle Of Mudd - London Astoria - debut album tour

HEAT - Camden Underworld

JSS - Camden Underworld

Gotthard - Firefest

Jimi Jamison - Firefest

Bonfire - Point Blank tour - London Astoria

Dio - (1983) - Hammy Odeon - Holy Diver tour

Cheers

Small venue: Eddie Money - Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2010

Very jealous, Eddie rules! Jesse Harms on keys and Tommy Girvin (Ransom) on guitar??? I saw Jesse tour down here with Sammy Hagar in the late 90's.

Honestly, even though I have a couple Eddie Money "best of" cd's and like a lot of his songs, I've never really followed the guy and was not even looking forward to the show. A friend of mine was a huge fan and she had to almost drag us over to the show. I was expecting some old drunk guy to come staggering out and give a half-assed effort. But he seriously blew the crowd away! The band was fantastic, plus he had his son play some drums and his daughter was not only singing backup but she also sang lead on a couple songs. Eddie was cracking jokes between songs and doing a great job getting the crowd involved. Just a fantastic set and sound and great memory I'll have.

Kiss - Reunion Tour 1996 in St Louis with Alice in Chains opening.

Kiss - Lost Cities Tour 1997 in St Louis.

Kiss - Hot in the Shade Tour 1990 in St Louis with Slaughter and Faster Pussycat opening.

Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead - Give Em Ed Till Your Dead Tour 2003 in Denver.

Heaven&Hell/Megadeth/Machine Head - In Chicago 2007

Small Club shows:

Cinderella - Unfinished Business Tour 1998 in St Louis. They were awesome and it was sooooo loud.

Let me see..........

Pink Floyd - Pulse tour at Earl's Court

The Eagles at Wembley Stadium

The Rolling Stones at Wembley Stadium

Metal Church with The Four Horsemen (Metallica) as support at The Marquee Club(Charing X Rd)

Great White - Fins Over London at The Marquee Club (Wardour St)

Vengenace at The Marquee Club(Charing X Rd)

Dan Reed Network at The Marquee Club(Charing X Rd)

Sea Hags at The Marquee Club(Charing X Rd)

to name a few.

I can honestly say every gig I've been to has been good, I can't think of a single dud.

Favourites would be:

Paradise Lost, Cathedral & Anathema (many years ago, when Anathema were still heavy)

Amon Amarth, Obituary, Legion of the Damned, Keep of Kalessin (last year)

Metal Church (at the Marquee, on the Human Factor tour)

To move more into HH territory, the best rock gig was probably Scorpions supported by Winger in 1990.

I can honestly say every gig I've been to has been good, I can't think of a single dud.

Favourites would be:

Paradise Lost, Cathedral & Anathema (many years ago, when Anathema were still heavy)

Amon Amarth, Obituary, Legion of the Damned, Keep of Kalessin (last year)

Metal Church (at the Marquee, on the Human Factor tour)

To move more into HH territory, the best rock gig was probably Scorpions supported by Winger in 1990.

Winger blew Scorpions big time on that tour... IMO