martinsane

Jeff

Well, not sure how one could be confident in GB this week given that they're facing John Elway, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith and a stoudt Denver defense. My prediction: Broncos beat Packers 31-24....Should be a heckuva game.....this Sat. night in my living room :lol: ...Given the NFL wasteland we've become here in Mile High land, watching parts of that game again will warm my soul...And fire me up for SB Sunday, which has the cast and makings to be legendary. I've really got nothin' else to add to the astute analyses posted above, except to say the only thing that would make Packers v. Steelers better for me would be if Vince Lombardi and Chuck Noll were roaming the sidelines. O/w, can't get anymore old skool then matching up these two franchises.

That was a heckuva game, didn't quite go the way I wanted, but still very good. It was somewhat easier to handle since they won the year before.

As for this Sunday, I couldn't agree more.

Sunday night just needs to get here NOW!

I've had friends from different parts of the world tell me they are staying up to watch this matchup even though the game starts for them at <insert random world time>!

A buddy from Switzerland told me he is taking off Monday because the game starts at midnight over there but he won't miss this!

The Packer haters (Vikings, Bears fans, Urlacher, etc) are looking forward to rooting for Pittsburgh, the Rothlesburger haters and Steeler haters (Ravens and Jets fans) are looking forward to a Packer victory!

The Packers are favored, but everywhere I listen the radio guys are picking Pittsburgh by 3-4 points! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

.......sorry, I just blacked out for a few minutes, I'm back. I can't wait.

Well, not sure how one could be confident in GB this week given that they're facing John Elway, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith and a stoudt Denver defense. My prediction: Broncos beat Packers 31-24....Should be a heckuva game.....this Sat. night in my living room :lol: ...Given the NFL wasteland we've become here in Mile High land, watching parts of that game again will warm my soul...And fire me up for SB Sunday, which has the cast and makings to be legendary. I've really got nothin' else to add to the astute analyses posted above, except to say the only thing that would make Packers v. Steelers better for me would be if Vince Lombardi and Chuck Noll were roaming the sidelines. O/w, can't get anymore old skool then matching up these two franchises.

That was a heckuva game, didn't quite go the way I wanted, but still very good. It was somewhat easier to handle since they won the year before.

As for this Sunday, I couldn't agree more.

Sunday night just needs to get here NOW!

I've had friends from different parts of the world tell me they are staying up to watch this matchup even though the game starts for them at <insert random world time>!

A buddy from Switzerland told me he is taking off Monday because the game starts at midnight over there but he won't miss this!

The Packer haters (Vikings, Bears fans, Urlacher, etc) are looking forward to rooting for Pittsburgh, the Rothlesburger haters and Steeler haters (Ravens and Jets fans) are looking forward to a Packer victory!

The Packers are favored, but everywhere I listen the radio guys are picking Pittsburgh by 3-4 points! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

.......sorry, I just blacked out for a few minutes, I'm back. I can't wait.

Yeah, even people around here who aren't fans of either team or who don't really passionately dislike any of the involved players seem stoked for this game. In part, I think, b/c the teams are so evenly matched. Personally, I disliked Big Ben for awhile, prob. due to his perceived arrogance, legal issues, and yes, the fact he completely outplayed Jake Plummer in Pitt's '05 AFC Championship win over Denver. But, over time I've come to at least appreciate his success- w/all his wins, incl. SBs, it's kind of incredible that he's still often overshadowed by the likes of Brady and Manning....My paternal grandfather and his siblings are all from WI, so I might have a little bias toward GB. Not to mention that I had one rip-roarin' weekend in Mad-"town"-ison, WI back in college :bananamac: , so yeah, come to think of it, I guess I prob. should root for GB this Sunday :lol:

Well Jeffrey, looks like the Steelers rolled over so GB could be champs.

Man it just pains me when a good team plays like poop... I told you they scare me when they play, its either destroy the opponent or play catch up. Oh well.

21 points off of turnovers and GB still only wins by 6.

Anyway congrats to GB on their victory and of course the same to you Jeff. :tumbsup:

Okay, can someone break it down for the (lazy) foreigner. Does that last post mean Jeff's team won? So he gets the stash of CDs? If so, will we get to see which ones the vitor selects? :lol: Whoever lost this, I feel for ya! ;)

Okay, can someone break it down for the (lazy) foreigner. Does that last post mean Jeff's team won? So he gets the stash of CDs? If so, will we get to see which ones the vitor selects? :lol: Whoever lost this, I feel for ya! ;)

Are you a "(lazy) foreigner" or just tired from buying all those Retrospect CDs..?

Anyway... Jeff's team did win... and it was great. Jeff is now rewarded with a pile of CDs compliments of Terry. I agree.. these choices should be made public.

Congrats Jeff... :drink:

Wow, what a game, thanks on the congrats everyone! I am hungover, mentally drained, exhausted.

Terry, I think the only thing I would disagree with what you said is you saying "Pittsburgh rolled over so GB could be champs". I always thought Green Bay matched up very well with Pittsburgh, played physical like Pittsburgh does and in the end it wasn't like Pittsburgh wasn't trying...heck between the end of the 2nd half and beginning of the 4th quarter, Pittsburgh dominated that game. GB I thought dominated most of the first half and the 4th quarter. Really, our receivers dropped so many passes, one of them a sure touchdown, and arguably our best defensive player gets hurt it could have been a different score. In the end it wasn't about rolling over, but GB made just a few more plays than Pittsburgh.

As for the CD's, that is up to Terry on posting them, I am fine with it. Terry, I'll just need the list, but take your time...I understand the next few days you won't be in the mood to deal with it...at least I know I wouldn't be, I get to mentally involved. Within the hour I am making the journey across Wisconsin to Green Bay for the Return To Titletown Party so I won't be back on the board until tomorrow night or Wednesday sometime anway.

Boy am I hungoverfrom last night.

Congrats Jeff, I thought The Steelers never hit their stride and just weren't consistent enough - hugely disappointing. On the plus side, one of my mates gave me an official terrible towel from Superbowl XL. Which was very cool of him!

Uh my head!!!!!

you can't turn the ball over 3 times and let it result in 21 points and expect to beat a good team. BUT the Steelers pulled to within 3 points. I thought we had a great chance of winning the game in the end. I can't understand why we didn't run Wallace down the sidelines on some Go's trying to see if we could hit the big one. I know he could outrun everyone on that D and Ben could heave it down there.

to make matters a little easier, if GB was playing anyone besides the Steelers (minus the Chiefs, Thomas Jones is a hometown boy)(Heath Miller is close enough to be a hometown boy and was an All-State High School QB) I'd pulled for Rodgers and the Packers.

• 4 weeks later...

Well per many requests here is my current, up to minute, updatedtrade list for Jeff to cherry pick from. BTW Jeff ignore the list I pm'd ya this one is better...

I am not opposed in the least to posting your picks Jeff and thanks for the wager, there is always next year...maybe?

AC/DC Blow Up Your Video

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Black Ice

For Those About To Rock (Original Issue)

Aggression Core Aggression Core

Aggressive Nature Storm Coming *9*

Airborne Running Wild

Annihilator Never, Neverland (Photo Copied Artwork)

Criteria For A Black Widow (Photo Copied Artwork)

Apocalypse Now Soundtrack (German Issue)

Atension D.O.A. Def on Arrival

Atheist Piece Of Time (Re-Iss +9)

Atreyu Congregation Of The Damned

Avantasia The Scarecrow

Ayreon 01011001 (2cd)

B-Thong Skinned

Back to the Future Trilogy Score Alan Silvestri

Battlestar Galactica Season One Score Bear McCreary

Beatles, The Yellow Submarine (Digi-pac Re-iss)

Revolver (Digi-pac Re-iss)

Let It Be (Digi-Pac Re-Iss)

Black Sabbath Paranoid (No front insert)

Never Say Die!

Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet (German Issue)

The Circle (2 Disc)(cd/dvd)

Bride Drop

Carcass Choice Cuts

Cathedral Supernatural Birth Machine (Front insert water damage)

Cherry Poppin’ Daddies Zoot Suit Riot

Clay, Andrew Dice Dice Rules Live At Madison Square Gardens

The Day The Laughter Died (2 CD)

Cliffs Of Dooneen The Dog Went East And God Went West *2*

Cook, Dane Harmful If Swallowed (2 disc) (cd/dvd Digi-pac)

Retaliation (3disc) (2 cd 1 dvd)

Cougar, John American Fool

Cradle Of Filth Godspeed On The Devils Thunder

The Cramps Psychedelic Jungle/Gravest Hits

Crawford, Michael A Touch Of Music In The Night

Cry Baby Ride The Drool (Silver Pressed Metallica Bootleg No Artwork)

Dangerous Toys Dangerous Toys/Hellacious Acres (2 disc) (Iron Bird Collectables re-Issue) *2*

Danko Jones Sleep Is The Enemy

Dead But Dreaming Mockingbird *2*

Death Angel Sonic German Beatdown Live In Germany

Def Leppard Euphoria

Adrenalize

Denaro Denaro

Devil Driver Pray For Villians

Dio The Last In Line

Dragonforce Sonic Firestorm

Dream Theater Black Clouds& Silver Linings (3cd) (Digi-pac)

Dreaming, The Etched In Blood

Edguy Fucking With Fire Live (2 disc)

Rocket Ride

Extreme Cynical (Digi-pac cd single)

Eyes Set To Kill The World Outside

Fates Warning No Exit

Awaken the Guardian (disc 2 only full art)

Ford, Lita Out For Blood/Dancin’ On The Edge (BMG 2 on 1)

Give Mellow Judith

Gnostic Engineering The Rule

Godsdog Salvation Sale

G, Kenny Breathless

Grand Magus Monument

Great Kat, The Digital Beethoven On Cyberspeed (Computer cd)

Hanson Shout It Out

Happy Anniversary, Charlie Brown Various Artists

Hawkwind Blood Of The Earth (Re-Issue +1)

Heaven & Hell The Devil You Know *2*

Hellhammer Apocalyptic Raids

Helloween Metal Jukebox

The Dark Ride

Hellyeah Hellyeah

Stampede *2*

Hicks, Bill Salvation Oxford November 11. 1992 (2CD)

Hollywood Rose The roots Of Guns N Roses

I Mother Earth Dig

Iced Earth The Crucible Of Man/Something Wicked Part 2 (Digi-pac)

Imagine This Imagine This

Infusion Surreal

Iron Maiden The Number Of The Beast

Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son

Piece Of Mind (1998 Sanctuary Re-issue) *2*

The Essential Iron Maiden (2 Disc)

Rock In Rio (2 Disc)

Somewhere In Time (Original UK Issue)

The Final Frontier

Live After Death (Disc with copied artwork)

Powerslave (Re-Iss Sanctuary 98)

Jane’s Addiction Ritual de lo Habitual

Jasper Wrath Anthology 1969-1976 (2 disc)(Band issued cdr’s)

Joplin, Janice Pearl

Journey Departure (Re-Iss)

Frontiers (Re-Iss)

Judas Priest Painkiller (Original Issue)

Sin After Sin (Re-issue + 2)

Kalmah For The Revolution

12 Gauge

Kamelot The Fourth Legacy

The Ghost Opera The Second Comming (2CD)

Korpiklaani Karkelo

Kings X Live All Over The Place (2 dsic)

Kiss Creatures Of The Night (Re-issue) *2*

Gene Simmons (Re-iss)

L-7 Bricks Are Heavy

Lady Gaga The Fame

Led Zeppelin Coda

Local H Here Comes The Zoo

Lullacry Be My God

Manson, Marilyn The High End Of Low

Marx, Richard Rush Street

Mercyful Fate 9

Metal Minded Various Artists 1987

Misery Index Discordia

Motherland Peace 4 Me

Motley Crue Motley Crue

Mumbleskinny Hinge

Nevermore The Obsidian Conspiracy

New Kids On The Block Merry Merry Christmas (Original Issue)

Nightwish Oceanborn

Nickelback All The Right Reasons

Dark Horse

Over Speed Trip Fuel The Rocket

Owens, Tim Ripper Play My Game

Parkway Drive Deep Blue

Pearl Jam 10

Pentagram First Daze Here Too The Vintage Collection (2CD)

Piece Dogs Exes For Eyes

Pied Sally Limping Home *2*

Pink Floyd Echoes (2 disc)

P.O.W.E.R. The Making Of Machine

Presley, Elvis On Stage February 1970 (2 Disc) (Digi-pac)

Priestess Hello Master

Prince Lovesexy

Psycho OSTS Bernard Herrmann (Original Issue on Unicorn Records)

Queensryche I Don’t Believe In Love (CD Single)

Hear In The Now Frontier

Quiet Riot Metal Health

Ra Black Sun

Rake’s Progress, The Cheese Food Prostitute

Renegade Saints, The Fear Of The Sky

Road To Perdition OSTS Thomas Newman

Rush Test For Echo

All The World’s A Stage

Saxon The Very Best Of 1979-1988 (3cd)

Into The Labyrinth

Scar Symmetry Symmetric In Design

Scorpions Tokyo Tapes

Taken By Force

Sting In The Tail

Sepultura Dante XXI (Digi-pac)

Sevendust Cold Day Memory (cd/dvd)

Sirenia The 13th Floor

Slash S/T

South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut Soundtrack Various Artists

Spinal Tap S/T

St Thomas I Hate…Pt. 1 (CD Single)

Star 5 Rock The World

Stargate OSTS David Arnold

Jermaine Stewart Frantic Romantic (Original Issue)

Stuck Mojo HVY1

Suffocation Despise The Sun

Blood Oath

Switch Soundtrack Various Artists

Symphony X Paradise Lost (Cardboard Slip Sleeve)

System Seven Perspectives

Taproot Plead The Fifth

Therion Lemuria/Sirious B (2cd)

Three Inches Of Blood Advance & Vanquish

Tokio Hotel Humanoid City Live (2 disc) (cd/dvd)

Travis Shredd And The Good Ol’ Homeboys 668: The Neighbor Of The Beast

20/20 Blind Never Far

US3 Hand On The Torch

Vader The Beast

Necropolis

Van Halen Van Halen

Vicious Delite Vicious Delite

White Squall OSTS Jeff Rona & Hans Zimmer

Whitesnake S/T

Good To Be Bad

Wicked Maraya Cycles

Winds Of Plague The Great Stone War

Wretched Ethyl Ethyl Through The Window

I know everyone was anxious to see what Jeff chose in our little wager, so here are his picks:

1. & 2. Dangerous Toys Dangerous Toys/Hellacious Acres (2 disc) (Iron Bird Collectables re-Issue)

3. Def Leppard - Euphoria

4. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

5. Scorpions - Sting In The Tail

6. AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video

Enjoy Jeff and lets do this again next season! :drink:

I know everyone was anxious to see what Jeff chose in our little wager, so here are his picks:

1. & 2. Dangerous Toys Dangerous Toys/Hellacious Acres (2 disc) (Iron Bird Collectables re-Issue)

3. Def Leppard - Euphoria

4. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

5. Scorpions - Sting In The Tail

6. AC/DC - Blow Up Your Video

Enjoy Jeff and lets do this again next season! :drink:

Thank you Terry and yes, first I hope there is a football season and if so, I hope we get to do this again! :beerbang: