Lancia - s/t

Geoff

Just thought I'd put this one out there for discussion as it seems to be the most mentioned CD in the 'what CDs did you buy this week' thread at the moment. Everyone seems to be getting a copy - and rightly so - and I was just wondering what the general opinion on this CD is?

It kind of misses out on some of the 90s indies discussions with bands like Intuition, Inside Out, Friction and Hotboy for example, but it's one of my personal faves. I always think harshly of an album that starts with a filler, which this one definitely does, but after that you have some really great stuff. Songs like 'Pain Sweet Symphony', 'Still in Love', the super catchy 'Sweet Melody', 'Jimmy' and 'Goodbye' are all awesome examples of fine commercial hard rock.

Great disc, imo.

I am not a huge fan of the Lancia release. In my opinion it is just a slightly above average release. When compared to the other 2 releases Paul sang on, I rate this one at the bottom. I much prefer the Pair-A-Dice release over the Lancia disc. I also believe the Lazy Jane disc is a better listen than the Lancia CD.

Of these releases I think the Lazy Jane release is the one way underrated.

obviously been re-issued / bootlegged by the amount of the on ebay in the past few months for around the $10 mark.

Yeah, I dunno what it is exactly but all I know is it's silver pressed, booklet looks perfect and I couldn't tell the difference from the original in a million years. Oh, and plus it sounds good. :)

Dave, give me Lazy Jane please. I like Paid-A-Dice too and would put them on a pretty even keel. There's a few fillers on all releases, but I'd have to say that overall the standout tracks on the Lancia disc probably give it an edge.

I love this cd but at this time only have a cdr. Where can I get a real copy?

As Geoff said so many great tunes and IMO one of the better indies of all time.

I really like the Pair-A-Dice disc as well but it doesn't come close to the Lancia disc IMHO.

Just thought I'd put this one out there for discussion as it seems to be the most mentioned CD in the 'what CDs did you buy this week' thread at the moment. Everyone seems to be getting a copy - and rightly so - and I was just wondering what the general opinion on this CD is?

It kind of misses out on some of the 90s indies discussions with bands like Intuition, Inside Out, Friction and Hotboy for example, but it's one of my personal faves. I always think harshly of an album that starts with a filler, which this one definitely does, but after that you have some really great stuff. Songs like 'Pain Sweet Symphony', 'Still in Love', the super catchy 'Sweet Melody', 'Jimmy' and 'Goodbye' are all awesome examples of fine commercial hard rock.

Great disc, imo.

backed dood.

obviously been re-issued / bootlegged by the amount of the on ebay in the past few months for around the $10 mark.

Yeah, I dunno what it is exactly but all I know is it's silver pressed, booklet looks perfect and I couldn't tell the difference from the original in a million years. Oh, and plus it sounds good. :)

You're right Geoff. I bought a copy (the seller was from a former Russian state) and seriously, you really can't tell the difference from the original. Very professional bootlegs I must say. They've come a long way, the bootleggers...

I'm happy with the copy, yes I am. And why wouldn't I be, it only set me back $8.

I just ordered me a copy from someone on Amazon for $15 new and sealed.

Saw those on Amazon also. I like the 'Eastern European Remaster' tagline on some sellers. More like 'Eastern European Bootleg'. :wacko:

Good band though.

Saw those on Amazon also. I like the 'Eastern European Remaster' tagline on some sellers. More like 'Eastern European Bootleg'. :wacko:

Good band though.

Oh I'm sure it's a boot but mine didn't have anything about European remaster. It had something believable like Japanese pressing and still sealed and brand new. :lol: The only thing that was missing was the obi. :lol:

Good band though.

Oh I'm sure it's a boot but mine didn't have anything about European remaster. It had something believable like Japanese pressing and still sealed and brand new. :lol: The only thing that was missing was the obi. :lol:

I like the 'Sealed Japanese Pressing With No OBI' part. Hah.

Maybe they ran out of paper to print the OBI. :whistle:

• 5 weeks later...

Sweet Melody is a great song but the CD is too patchy to be way too underrated. However the promise was amazing and would have been great to get a 2nd album out of them. Definitely worth having though!

Sweet Melody is a great song but the CD is too patchy to be way too underrated. However the promise was amazing and would have been great to get a 2nd album out of them. Definitely worth having though!

if I recall correctly, Lancia had enough tunes for a 2nd album which they played live, just unsure if the songs were studio recorded. Hopefully someone has some decent quality Lancia live stuff to check out.

I must have pissed him off. He just sent me another angry message.

print Bart's angry messages here :)

Ha, that's too funny. Let's see this political banter between you two. And task him to get an official re-issue of the cd out while your at it. :)

I must have pissed him off. He just sent me another angry message.

print Bart's angry messages here :)

Ha, that's too funny. Let's see this political banter between you two. And task him to get an official re-issue of the cd out while your at it. :)

Yes please. :beerbang:

if I recall correctly, Lancia had enough tunes for a 2nd album which they played live, just unsure if the songs were studio recorded. Hopefully someone has some decent quality Lancia live stuff to check out.

I'm pretty sure some of the Lazy Jane release was written for Lancia. I think "Destiny", "Wake Up" and "Gemini Lady" were written prior to the formation of Lazy Jane. These songs may have been change somewhat when recorded by Lazy Jane.

All of this started when Matt Harris (Jungle Blue) posted a message on Facebook about the world being in decline. Bart Walsh replied saying that the Democrats were our only hope. I replied to him saying I hoped he was being sarcastic. If he wasn't I didn't want it to be the Bart Walsh from Lancia. If he was it would lessen how much I liked the band. I misspelled lessen and it was on. The guy wouldn't relent. I guess Matt realized how far his post had gone off the rails so he deleted the whole thing the next day. All I have is what Bart said to me. My half of the conversation is gone.

I just replied to his last rant from a couple days ago. I mentioned the Lancia reissue. Let's see what he has to say.

• 6 years later...

All of this started when Matt Harris (Jungle Blue) posted a message on Facebook about the world being in decline. Bart Walsh replied saying that the Democrats were our only hope. I replied to him saying I hoped he was being sarcastic. If he wasn't I didn't want it to be the Bart Walsh from Lancia. If he was it would lessen how much I liked the band. I misspelled lessen and it was on. The guy wouldn't relent. I guess Matt realized how far his post had gone off the rails so he deleted the whole thing the next day. All I have is what Bart said to me. My half of the conversation is gone.

I just replied to his last rant from a couple days ago. I mentioned the Lancia reissue. Let's see what he has to say.

Let me guess what he replied: "There will never be an official release because someday Trump is our president and the whole world is doomed. Get a copy from those nice Russians. Cheaply."

Pretty good stuff anyway....

R-2579705-1463410543-3883.jpeg.jpg

R-2579705-1463410489-6523.jpeg.jpg