Worst band names

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having started a thread on silly band names and found it quite amusing, I thought it might be fun to have a poll on the subject. I have limited it to bands featured on Heavy Harmonies, otherwise the scope is just too wide. These are some of the bands names from the previous thread and a quick trawl through the website, imo they are all silly or rubbish or both.

My vote for the worst goes for Giraffe, but I could have gone for most of these.

I had to go with Stoney Bone Child. I just don't get it. Like mentioned in the other thread... It seems as though they may have tried to piggy back off of Mother Love Bone. I know both bands are from the same area.

I also think The Poodles is a terrible name for a band... especially one that plays the type of music as they do. I have only had their CD for a short time.. partially because I hated the band name. I picked it up in a trade as I was even afraid to invest money in it. Not a bad release though.

I've actually seen 4 of these bands that made the list.. Big Cock, Moon Dog Mane, Rhino Bucket, and Royal Court Of China.

Just received a Westcoast CD by the band BFD. WTF ?!?! What does BFD mean ?? :screwy:

BFD info

Just received a Westcoast CD by the band BFD. WTF ?!?! What does BFD mean ?? :screwy:

BFD info

Back in my youth bfd was used as an achronymn for "big fucking deal". Don't know if it applies to the band however.

ON topic this band name is just plain bizarre: CCSO "Clotted Symmetrix Sexual Organ".

BFD info

Back in my youth bfd was used as an achronymn for "big fucking deal". Don't know if it applies to the band however.

ON topic this band name is just plain bizarre: CCSO "Clotted Symmetrix Sexual Organ".

Ha ha ha .. ! :P I will let you know if bfd applies.

CSSO ! :rofl2:

• 3 months later...

My vote goes for Giraffe.

Really? Good shout, but there still seems to be only one vote for that one. Bizarrely. th_shrug.gif

I'm just listening to the Scandi band "Michael learns to rock". Nice CD (Colours), but what a silly band name !

I'm just listening to the Scandi band "Michael learns to rock". Nice CD (Colours), but what a silly band name !

Very silly, but for some reason I quite like that one. :anon:

Very silly, but for some reason I quite like that one. :anon:

Is your second name Michael ?? ;)

I dont really care to much, but the last name id ever name my band, that I had worked so hard to get noticed, and actually had the opp to record and release my very own disc, well the last name id put on that cd would be Stone Soup! if that helps any?

I dont really care to much, but the last name id ever name my band, that I had worked so hard to get noticed, and actually had the opp to record and release my very own disc, well the last name id put on that cd would be Stone Soup! if that helps any?

Yes, I agree. That really is a strange one !

Although I LOVE their music, I always thought Pink Cream 69 was a rather dumb choice for a band name

Yes, I agree. That really is a strange one !

Good point. Makes you wonder what names they must have rejected if Stone Soup was their best effort! Turkey Flower? Fluffy Biscuit? Electric Wimple?

Hang on, I'm copyrighting those...

• 2 weeks later...

While part of me thinks that Big Cock is a great band name the other part of me wonders how many more records they might of sold with a different name but then again maybe they did sell some because of the name. I just think with their sound and have Dave and Robert's history maybe they could of had a chance with a different name so Big Cock gets my vote. Runners up would be Pussy Sister and Moon Dog Mane and now that I think about The Poodles is a bad name as well.

I always got the feeling that Big Cock was never a band to be taken overly serious, hence the purposely stupid name of the band and album titles.

Even their song titles (which were not remakes of old King Kobra songs) are purposely stupid.

I'd have a hard time saying this was the worst band name purely based on the fact that its intentional, just the same as The Bloody Stools, for instance.

Bands like Lionsex and Pussy Sisster though, are just awful.

I'm sure theres another band I saw added to the database last year which was just as bad, as I seem to remember commenting on the name.

My vote went to LIONSEX, which really is just an atrocious name.

Giraffe, The Poodles, Pussy Sisster (seriously, wtf? At least it makes me laugh, though) were probably next in line.

Also, I Love You and Love Saves The Day factored into the equation too. They're just pathetic.

I'm going to start a band called Never Give Up.

• 2 weeks later...