Absolute Proof that Hollywood...

Fat Freddy

Just came across this trailer and practically did a spit take all over my monitor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hiJ2dbpRY0

This Christmas ... YOGI BEAR. In 3D. With Dan Aykroyd as the voice of Yogi, and Justin Timberlake (!!!) as the voice of BooBoo.

I now truly believe that the apocalypse is nigh.

I showed the Yogi trailer to my kids, and my 7 year old said "Dad, Yogi looks SCARY!" :rofl2:

Ive said this for 10 years now! actually ive gotten almost ran off the IMDB arguing with people until theres just so many people that I cant possibly keep arguing with them all, ever since the lames in hollywood started watching Japanese Horror movies, and american 80's comedys, it's been a suck fest to see who can take the most original authentic movie available, cut the balls off of it, and release it to the american public, not mentioning that it's a remake or a rip off of a foreign film!! it's why I dont watch american movies anylonger, unless they are pre-1999!

Just came across this trailer and practically did a spit take all over my monitor:

This Christmas ... YOGI BEAR. In 3D. With Dan Aykroyd as the voice of Yogi, and Justin Timberlake (!!!) as the voice of BooBoo.

:rofl2:

What I don't get is that they keep doing stuff like this, or remaking films that either are only about 20 years old or were far too good in the first place to warrant a remake, when there are so many great stories out there that have never been made. For example, there was a film version of Jeffrey Deaver's 'The Bone Collector', a really good thriller and a successful movie. Deaver has written countless other excellent, gripping thriller novels, yet none of them have been made into major films. There are stacks of other examples too.

I just can't believe that someone gets a load of scripts and instead of trying something new, decides to remake perfectly good films like 'The Wicker Man', 'Planet of The Apes' and 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' (the latter of which I think was a terrible film, btw, the others I can't bear to watch).

:rofl2:

What I don't get is that they keep doing stuff like this, or remaking films that either are only about 20 years old or were far too good in the first place to warrant a remake, when there are so many great stories out there that have never been made. For example, there was a film version of Jeffrey Deaver's 'The Bone Collector', a really good thriller and a successful movie. Deaver has written countless other excellent, gripping thriller novels, yet none of them have been made into major films. There are stacks of other examples too.

I just can't believe that someone gets a load of scripts and instead of trying something new, decides to remake perfectly good films like 'The Wicker Man', 'Planet of The Apes' and 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' (the latter of which I think was a terrible film, btw, the others I can't bear to watch).

Yeah, really good point mate. I, for one, it appears, really have no issue with all these remakes. Like I generally don't like my music before 1984, I generally don't like my movies before about 1995 (lol!). Of course, as with music, there are exceptions (plenty in this case, in fact. It's not a must by any means, just a preference). It's not the actual stories that are the issue, of course... it's just how I like my movies to look.

I personally like the good remakes with sexy new actors of older movies I'd otherwise not end up bothering with.

BUT, I fully agree with your point. I read so many books, 99% of which were not made into film, and I wonder why they weren't given the shot. Because so many of them would make a good film. It would be very easy to feast on a banquet of original ideas, but for whatever reason it isn't always the number one choice.

I guess it's kind of like the shitty bands who would rather disappoint all their fans with a new covers album rather than trying their hand at new songs themselves...

I read so many books, 99% of which were not made into film, and I wonder why they weren't given the shot. Because so many of them would make a good film. It would be very easy to feast on a banquet of original ideas, but for whatever reason it isn't always the number one choice.

It's a mystery. Dan Brown and JK Rowling can produce any old rubbish and it gets onto the big screen, yet there are so many great stories that don't get made into films. It's all about the stories for me, you can't beat a good yarn (shame the film producers don't agree).