Nothing to look foward to...

After salivating for the last few months over some excellent releases that have come out so far this year, (Treat, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Wig Wam, Reckless Love, H.E.A.T., Chris Laney, Pretty Maids, Story Of The Year, Taken Dawn and Mutiny Within.) now I can't see anything of great interest coming out...at all. Other than knowing I'll get the new Lillian Axe, which will likely be dark, ploding and boring like the last one was, I don't know what to look forward to.

Was 2010 too good, too fast?

IMO, 2010 has been just as shit as the last God knows how many years :unsure: .

So far this year I have purchased only one new release CD and one Blu-ray/CD.

In todays music, quantity comes before quality and after continually listening to the samples of new releases over at NEH, it does nothing more than prove that point to me.

The only upcoming release on my radar is the new Heart album !!

Just a few in the pipeline that I am really looking forward to.

Molly Hatchet - Justice (Next Week)

Steve Lukather - New one September'ish

Heart - Red Velvet Car July

Terry Brock - new one August'ish

Yoso - S/T in July

Export Re-issues June

Allen/Lande - September

Jettblack - Get Your Hands Dirty - June 7th

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Live At Freedom Hall CD/DVD June 26th

Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz Tour 82 CD/DVD June

Steve Vai - Western Vacation - June 21st

Strangeways - New

In todays music, quantity comes before quality and after continually listening to the samples of new releases over at NEH, it does nothing more than prove that point to me.

Face it Dave, you're almost 85 years of age and the glory days of Bad Company is long, long gone. :lol:

Face it Dave, you're almost 85 years of age and the glory days of Bad Company is long, long gone. :lol:

:yikes: .....How rude......85 years of age !!!!!

I've never been so insulted like that before :crying:

I'm only 81......82 next year :lol:

I got a new Iron Maiden album to look forward to in August, and a new Accept album in September. Those should hold me for a while :beerbang:

After salivating for the last few months over some excellent releases that have come out so far this year, (Treat, Crashdiet, Crazy Lixx, Wig Wam, Reckless Love, H.E.A.T., Chris Laney, Pretty Maids, Story Of The Year, Taken Dawn and Mutiny Within.) now I can't see anything of great interest coming out...at all. Other than knowing I'll get the new Lillian Axe, which will likely be dark, ploding and boring like the last one was, I don't know what to look forward to.

In the same way that stuff like Mutiny Within came along by surprise, others will do the same. Personally being a massive fan of Modern (mainly heavy) music there's plenty of exciting stuff coming up, but I have been really surprised by the quality of the AOR/MHR stuff so far this year. I don't like all those Sleaze/Glam bands much but definitely H.E.A.T/Treat/Grand Illusion/Pretty Maids have been constants on my stereo. As have Exodus/Overkill and tons of heavier modern Metal (Whitechapel/Argent Dawn/As I Lay Dying/Trigger the Bloodshed/Throwdown/Soulfly). I expected much more from FM and Bullet For My Valentine which are both pretty dull, and I really shouldn't have bought Crashdiet, but otherwise a top year so far...

Being purely selfish, I'll be glad if there are a few months with no decent new albums, just for the benefit of my bank account. This year has cost me a fortune so far.

I thought I read something about a new White Sister album. Did I imagine that? If it's true, that could be quite exciting.

Plus I'm looking forward to the Rakel Traxx CD in the summer.

Here's some I'm still looking forward to (out the top off my mind):

Stan Bush

Chris Antblad

Backwash

Hardcore Superstar

Gemini 5

Erik Grönwall

Hinder

Divide the Day

Buckcherry

Million Dollar Reload

Atom Smash

The Ataris (if it's in the same vein as "So Long Astoria")

Baby Jane (not sure whether this is going to be a 2010 release)

Pretty Wild

Billion Dollar Babies

Damn Delicious

Houston

Probably forgot about quite a few ones, especially in the AOR/Melodicrock-sector, plus as TIM pointed out there's going to be a few surprises as well. So I've got some more good stuff to look forward to, although the best discs of 2010 have probably already been released!

I got a new Iron Maiden album to look forward to in August, and a new Accept album in September. Those should hold me for a while :beerbang:

Agreed on both but especially Maiden :guitbannana::beerbang::tumbsup:

Agreed on both but especially Maiden :guitbannana::beerbang::tumbsup:

CrashDiet, Crazy Lixx and Pretty Maids are the only albums I fell in love with this year so far. I'm sure i will like the Ratt when I have a chance to check it out better though!

I can definitely agree with the idea of this thread. Apart from Farcry, not really sure what else I have to anticipate in melodic rock this year. But there are a few modern ones like Hinder or Disciple, plus Just Surrender and A Change of Pace for me to look forward to.

It's been a ridiculously slow start for modern rock in 2010 and a ridiculously strong start for melodic rock, so I half expect the 2nd half of the year to switch over, as the last few years now have all ended up pretty even. Guess we'll wait and see, though.

And Dave, if you can't find any impressive releases yet this year... well, sorry mate, but you just suck. :lol:;) (hug me tonight)

CrashDiet, Crazy Lixx and Pretty Maids are the only albums I fell in love with this year so far. I'm sure i will like the Ratt when I have a chance to check it out better though!

You didn't like the new Wig Wam and Treat?

You madman, what about these -

Farcry

First Signal (Harry Hess fronted)

Work Of Art

Terry Brock (August)

Journey (not sure if this will happen in 2010)

Phil Hitchcock (solo release by the writers of WET)

Hinder

Vega (martin brothers)

Stan Bush

Allen/Lande

Bangalore Choir

Vince Neil (solo)

and probably a bunch of others i cant remember off the top of my head.

Some potentially great releases there.

Cheers

Add that Dirty Looks cd in July, depending on how "heavy" it is.

Yeah and above I saw mention of Hardcore Superstar - stoked about that, love their last 3 releases!

Farcry

Work Of Art

Terry Brock (August)

Hinder

Vega (martin brothers)

Stan Bush

Allen/Lande

Bangalore Choir

Vince Neil (solo)

Cheers

See, here's my thing about this list and why I take Dave's point:

These should be excellent, I don't doubt it and agree (though for some reason I admit I'm a little nervous about whether the WOA one will actually be any good):

Farcry

Work Of Art

Hinder

But I'm personally not so sure about these... definitely not "excited" about them. Obviously I won't pass comment on them till I hear them, but below are my personal reasons for why I can't get myself excited to actually bother looking forward to them:

Terry Brock (August) ; I always get excited by a new Slamer album (Brock who?) but after 'Nowhere Land' (which I still liked enough) I must admit my enthusiasm has been a little dampened. Still hopeful, but not salivating for it.

Journey ; yawn. Hopefully it's a decent disc, but certainly not something I'm waiting for.

Phil Hitchcock ; again, could be good... but could be super run-of-the-mill too.

Vega (martin brothers) ; who? Could be just another dime-a-dozen AOR project.

Stan Bush ; I've enjoyed his discs enough, but is he really going to release something special? I doubt it.

Allen/Lande ; yawn again. I'm sure it'll be solid and unspectacular, just like the other 2. Good discs but I can't see them offering anything too good.

Bangalore Choir ; of course I'm hopeful of bliss, but after Reece's recent projects (everything since this debut) is there really any cause for much hope?

Vince Neil ; aren't there only 2 or 3 new songs due for this one?

And there we have it. Of course I hope I'm wrong for all and they all blow me away... but personally I think 2010 has done it's dash for anticipated CDs for me... bar the ones I already mentioned.

Work of Art may be good, the first one was excellent.

I'll take the silence re: White Sister as a 'no'. :unsure:

Farcry

Work Of Art

Terry Brock (August)

Hinder

Vega (martin brothers)

Stan Bush

Allen/Lande

Bangalore Choir

Vince Neil (solo)

Cheers

See, here's my thing about this list and why I take Dave's point:

These should be excellent, I don't doubt it and agree (though for some reason I admit I'm a little nervous about whether the WOA one will actually be any good):

Farcry

Work Of Art

Hinder

But I'm personally not so sure about these... definitely not "excited" about them. Obviously I won't pass comment on them till I hear them, but below are my personal reasons for why I can't get myself excited to actually bother looking forward to them:

Terry Brock (August) ; I always get excited by a new Slamer album (Brock who?) but after 'Nowhere Land' (which I still liked enough) I must admit my enthusiasm has been a little dampened. Still hopeful, but not salivating for it.

Journey ; yawn. Hopefully it's a decent disc, but certainly not something I'm waiting for.

Phil Hitchcock ; again, could be good... but could be super run-of-the-mill too.

Vega (martin brothers) ; who? Could be just another dime-a-dozen AOR project.

Stan Bush ; I've enjoyed his discs enough, but is he really going to release something special? I doubt it.

Allen/Lande ; yawn again. I'm sure it'll be solid and unspectacular, just like the other 2. Good discs but I can't see them offering anything too good.

Bangalore Choir ; of course I'm hopeful of bliss, but after Reece's recent projects (everything since this debut) is there really any cause for much hope?

Vince Neil ; aren't there only 2 or 3 new songs due for this one?

And there we have it. Of course I hope I'm wrong for all and they all blow me away... but personally I think 2010 has done it's dash for anticipated CDs for me... bar the ones I already mentioned.

well mate you can always be negative and say these releases arent going to to live up to much.

I personally thought that Ratt and Crashdiet (after disc 2) werent going to be much to write home about but they blew me away so hey ho.......

Anyways -

Terry Brock - from what ive read this is supposed to be v good.

Journey - I know youre not a fan, but a new journey album always excites me and the last one was excellent

Phil Hitchcock - s/b great if its the WET writers involved. No reason not to be stoked about this....one of the best vocalists out there finally singing some MHR...salivates.

Vega - s/b good, if only if you judge what the Martin bros have been involved in over the years. Quality song writers no doubt.

Stan Bush - I loved his last album....WTF are you on about??

Allen/Lande - backed....this could a yawn fest. Still I hope for something like the debut??

Bangalore Choir - reports suggest its pure 80s bliss. Get excited.

Vince Neil - sorry I thought it was a new album. my mistake, although i love the track i have heard....

& of course lets not just gloss over the first 4 you comment on.

Farcry

First Signal

Work Of Art

Hinder

These I fully expect to impact my current top 5 and of that I do not joke. My expectations are sky high

Over and out.

Yeah and above I saw mention of Hardcore Superstar - stoked about that, love their last 3 releases!

I saw that above too but I was skeptical that it would actually be released in 2010. I hope it is released this year because for sure the last 3 releases were great.

You didn't like the new Wig Wam and Treat?

I need to listen to both closer but after a couple of spins I didn't care for them. Had Treat got back with Mats Leven then I would have been way more excited but I will spin them both again soon just to be safe.

I saw that above too but I was skeptical that it would actually be released in 2010. I hope it is released this year because for sure the last 3 releases were great.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure either, but they are starting recordings in a couple of weeks, so it could be out by November...

Terry Brock - from what ive read this is supposed to be v good.

Stan Bush - I loved his last album....WTF are you on about??

Bangalore Choir - reports suggest its pure 80s bliss. Get excited.

I'll take your word on the Terry Brock and Bangalore Choir CDs - I'll look forward to them... and hold you personally responsible if they suck. :lol:;)

As for Stan Bush. He's fine. He rights his nice little dime-a-dozen friendly melodic rock tunes and I enjoy them, but seriously mate, when was the last time he wrote a really great tune? Countless good ones... but not really someone to get my pulse racing personally. :)