Retrospect Records Upcoming Releases UPDATE

Wow - things are absolutely INSANE here at the Retrospect camp. I want to tell you guys all about these new releases but I haven't much time. Between my brother's 50+ releases he has scheduled and the following new signings and releases , this is gonna be a hell of a year. Some really fantastic stuff just keeps dropping in our laps and I am REALLY excited to present this to you guys...

RAGE N ROXX - 1989 - AMAZING Female-fronted AOR

THE STORM - 1988 - Nope , not the female-fronted act on MCA but this is easily one of the best Female-fronted AOR albums of all-time. PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED.

BRICKYARD - 1990 - Think you've heard all the best British Melodic Hard Rock / AOR albums? Think again! Think Terraplane meets Foreigner meets FM. WOW!!!!

MEGATON BLONDE - 1988-1990 - Oh man , this is gonna hit you Hair Metal fans like a ton of bricks!!!

MEGATTACK "Raw Delivery" - 1986 - FINALLY ON CD!!

FOXY FOXY - 1986-1989 - Killer Hair Metal from Kansas City

LEATHER TOYZ - 1986-1989 - as above

MARS 'Metaldrone' - Classic Melodic Metal from 1986

SAKER - Another impressive slice of Hair Metal from 1992

THICK RICHARD 'Against the Grain' - 2nd release from this Bay Area Melodic Hard Rock band - quite an improvement over the first album and more AOR!!

CUTTHROAT - Obscure Speed Metal from Wisconsin

PANDEMONIUM - Just waiting on David Resch's liner notes and we are set to roll with this bands 3 Metal Blade albums.

ST ELMO'S FIRE - ALL FOUR albums from this California-based Melodic Metal band.

STEEL VENGEANCE - ALL THREE albums from this 80s Melodic Metal act

SPARRZ - 1989 - Tipa Sparrs (Whitefoxx / World War III) formed this band post-Whitefoxx. Hair Metal Mania!!

XLR8 - Girls Like To Rock - Re-issue of this hard-to-find Melodic Hard Rock album from the mid-90s

XX BAD BOY - Hair Metal similar to Helix from the early 90s. First silver-pressed release.

HEIST "High Heel Heaven" - Yep , now digitally remastered with bonus tracks. Solid Hair Metal from '89.

DOXY - All of this Tulsa-based bands releases.

AMETHYST - Queensryche / Crimson Glory sounding band from the mid-80s.

ROSIE "Precious Metal" + self-titled + "LIVE" - Ohio-based Melodic Hard Rock from 1982-1986 - finally on cd.

There's a lot more to come and I'm sure my brother can add to this list. Sorry I can't describe all of these bands in detail but there is some VERY IMPRESSIVE stuff here.

We are also re-stocking on many of our out of print releases soon so please keep checking the website for more details.

THANKS A MILLION AND PLEASE CHECK OUR SITE FOR RECENTLY RELEASED GEMS!!

SEE YOU AT THE M3 FESTIVAL IN MARYLAND AND AT ROCKLAHOMA!

Sam @ www.retrospectrecords.com

Sam, any luck contacting Slick Lilly about a Brotherhood re-issue :unsure:

Not yet - do they have a myspace?

http://www.myspace.com/slicklilly

Wow - things are absolutely INSANE here at the Retrospect camp. I want to tell you guys all about these new releases but I haven't much time. Between my brother's 50+ releases he has scheduled and the following new signings and releases , this is gonna be a hell of a year. Some really fantastic stuff just keeps dropping in our laps and I am REALLY excited to present this to you guys...

RAGE N ROXX - 1989 - AMAZING Female-fronted AOR

THE STORM - 1988 - Nope , not the female-fronted act on MCA but this is easily one of the best Female-fronted AOR albums of all-time. PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED.

BRICKYARD - 1990 - Think you've heard all the best British Melodic Hard Rock / AOR albums? Think again! Think Terraplane meets Foreigner meets FM. WOW!!!!

MEGATON BLONDE - 1988-1990 - Oh man , this is gonna hit you Hair Metal fans like a ton of bricks!!!

MEGATTACK "Raw Delivery" - 1986 - FINALLY ON CD!!

THICK RICHARD 'Against the Grain' - 2nd release from this Bay Area Melodic Hard Rock band - quite an improvement over the first album and more AOR!!

CUTTHROAT - Obscure Speed Metal from Wisconsin

PANDEMONIUM - Just waiting on David Resch's liner notes and we are set to roll with this bands 3 Metal Blade albums.

STEEL VENGEANCE - ALL THREE albums from this 80s Melodic Metal act

SPARRZ - 1989 - Tipa Sparrs (Whitefoxx / World War III) formed this band post-Whitefoxx. Hair Metal Mania!!

XLR8 - Girls Like To Rock - Re-issue of this hard-to-find Melodic Hard Rock album from the mid-90s

XX BAD BOY - Hair Metal similar to Helix from the early 90s. First silver-pressed release.

HEIST "High Heel Heaven" - Yep , now digitally remastered with bonus tracks. Solid Hair Metal from '89.

DOXY - All of this Tulsa-based bands releases.

ROSIE "Precious Metal" + self-titled + "LIVE" - Ohio-based Melodic Hard Rock from 1982-1986 - finally on cd.

There's a lot more to come and I'm sure my brother can add to this list. Sorry I can't describe all of these bands in detail but there is some VERY IMPRESSIVE stuff here.

We are also re-stocking on many of our out of print releases soon so please keep checking the website for more details.

THANKS A MILLION AND PLEASE CHECK OUR SITE FOR RECENTLY RELEASED GEMS!!

SEE YOU AT THE M3 FESTIVAL IN MARYLAND AND AT ROCKLAHOMA!

Sam @ www.retrospectrecords.com

I see you are having a showcase at the Pennant in NJ, who playing ? thanks..

Sam I have to say a very impressive list of up coming releases. I look forward to all but the ones I'm realy waiting for are the 3 PANDEMONIUM releases. I met one of the guitar players while I was on my last cd hunting trip in Seattle with MARTINSANE. He gave us a brief history of the band like they are orginaly from ALASKA and that the other guitar player his brother had passed away, He should us one of the orginal albums, question SAM are you keeping the orginal artwork or is it going to be different? The old artwork is cool. That they were the 2nd band signed to METAL BLADE. One comment I think that you would like to know he spoke very highly of you.

On the subject of restocking some of your out of print titles do you plan on re-releasing DIAMOND s/t CD I hope so I would like to add it to my quantity quality all silver pressed cd collection but if you don't silver press it I'll buy it and add it to the cdr part of my collection.

And finally all these shows you put on around the country with you living in Nevada whats the chance of you ever having a show here in Arizona?

Thanks for bring us the music that otherwise we would never have the opportunity of knowing about and I personally want to thank you for you releases silver because I can add them to my quantity quality all silver pressed cd collection and the cdrs so I have the opportunity to enjoy the music and hoping one day you'll silver press them

Can't wait for these releases as I used to see these bands live in the KC area along with BANSHEE, VYPER & HARLOW all the time...

I am stoked by the Doxy announcement. Never thought I would see it happen. So we can expect to see Let It Rock, Innocent Till Proven Nasty, and Talk Is Cheap to be released soon? Hopefully remastered from the original tapes? How about Beast? I have been wanting to hear Beast for a long long time. I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

Hey Sam

Awesome to hear this great newz....looking forward to the following and also the Americade 3 cd release and idea when this 3 cd set will be released????.

Any thing on the Ironclad cd!!

Also any reelase date on the Leather Toyz cd release???

MEGATON BLONDE - 1988-1990 -

FOXY FOXY - 1986-1989 -

LEATHER TOYZ - 1986-1989 -

Also looking forward to the Strutz cd and the following cd's from Aaron

Tracer Fox

Nemises.

Keep the flame alive and cheerz to the releases.

Joe

• 1 month later...

Not yet - do they have a myspace?

http://www.myspace.com/slicklilly

Actually this would be a better one....He is the lead singer

http://www.myspace.com/austinhanks

Hey Sam!

What's the word on the D.C. STAR-ROCKIN' IN THE CLASSROOM release?

DC STAR has already been released. The actual "Rockin' In The Classroom" isn't gonna be re-released. Most of the songs on that were put out as "The Best of DC STAR: Records vol.#2" by Retrospect. Not included on the Retrospect release in the title track, "Rockin' In The Clasroom" and "The Miller Song". I believe they were not include do to not being able to secure the rights to those songs.

Retrospect has also released "The Best of DC STAR: Record Classics: vol.#1". This include the picture disc release and a few unreleased songs. A few of the songs from the picture disc are alternative versions.

Both discs are must haves. Great stuff.

There are a few other DC STAR songs that weren't includes on the Retrospect discs... Such as "Livin' In A Rock And Roll Whrill" and "Dreaming Of You". With any luck maybe we will see these released at some point.

Hey guys , thanks for the support. Nick , we are just locating the best audio we can for Rosie before going to print.

And someone was asking about cd-r VS silver cd releases. We really decide that on a case by case basis. I mean we aren't really interested in printing up 500 of a 4 song EP but we always consider silver-ing a disc before doing a short run cd-r. It's case by case but MOST of the time we will opt for the silver cd because we know people like those better.

HEY!

well we have a multitude of releases getting pressed right now and should be available within 2 weeks. On my roster, i am releasing:

My first releases on RETROCROSS, the Christian subsidiary:

Illustrator (2 on 1) "Illustrator / Somewhere in the World"

AND

Lost & Found - "Welcome to the Real World" with 2 bonus tracks.

PLUS:

Perennial - "You're The Ones...In My Dreams" (ALL of their recordings including previously unreleased tracks!)

Kinki Stunt - Self Titled (includes several kickass bonus tracks previously unreleased)

Electric Eels - "I" and "II" - "I" is the first time this cult metal record has ever been issued on CD (remastered from the original masters) and "II' is a previously unreleased album plus many bonus live tracks (19 songs total on this CD!!)

Silver Shadow - Self Titled -- Super rare mid 80's picture-disc only EP from this female fronted California AOR band finally gets a CD release!! Killer stuff!!

Keith Gorden - "A Place In Time" -- WESTCOAST AOR fans are gonna love this one! Keith Gorden is a Peter Cetera-like singer and this CD features members of Stan Bush's band and 3 songs written, produced and performed in part by VINCE DiCOLA!! A few of these songs were written for the ROCKY IV soundtrack and just didn't make the cut. SUPERB material!!

Ruff Justice - "No Justice No Peace" -- Reissue of this melodic hard rock gem from the mid-90's. Awesome Dallas,TX based band!!

Topaz - "World Of Secrets" - Reissue of another mega melodic rock / AOR gem from 1990 that went super rare in recent years!!

FINALLY:

Roadmaster - One For The Road: Live DVD. A superb professionally shot live concert from this legendary AOR/pomp rock band's reunion in 1994. Superb audio and camera work.

ALSO IN COMING WEEKS EXPECT TO SEE:

MPG - Self titled (with unreleased bonus tracks)

AMERICADE -- awesome legendary melodic hard rock band have given us 3 albums worth of material to release!!

AND LOTS MORE including Bandit, Lovebone, Ardent, DC Strut, Orphann, The Heritage, FLM, Thunderbox, Groundstar, Nowhere Dreamer, Crystal Pistol, Ian McCorkle, Hendrickson, Genocide, Nemesis, Sailon, and 18 Names.

Thanks everyone!

Aaron

HEY!

well we have a multitude of releases getting pressed right now and should be available within 2 weeks. On my roster, i am releasing:

My first releases on RETROCROSS, the Christian subsidiary:

Illustrator (2 on 1) "Illustrator / Somewhere in the World"

AND

Lost & Found - "Welcome to the Real World" with 2 bonus tracks.

PLUS:

Perennial - "You're The Ones...In My Dreams" (ALL of their recordings including previously unreleased tracks!)

Kinki Stunt - Self Titled (includes several kickass bonus tracks previously unreleased)

Electric Eels - "I" and "II" - "I" is the first time this cult metal record has ever been issued on CD (remastered from the original masters) and "II' is a previously unreleased album plus many bonus live tracks (19 songs total on this CD!!)

Silver Shadow - Self Titled -- Super rare mid 80's picture-disc only EP from this female fronted California AOR band finally gets a CD release!! Killer stuff!!

Keith Gorden - "A Place In Time" -- WESTCOAST AOR fans are gonna love this one! Keith Gorden is a Peter Cetera-like singer and this CD features members of Stan Bush's band and 3 songs written, produced and performed in part by VINCE DiCOLA!! A few of these songs were written for the ROCKY IV soundtrack and just didn't make the cut. SUPERB material!!

Ruff Justice - "No Justice No Peace" -- Reissue of this melodic hard rock gem from the mid-90's. Awesome Dallas,TX based band!!

Topaz - "World Of Secrets" - Reissue of another mega melodic rock / AOR gem from 1990 that went super rare in recent years!!

FINALLY:

Roadmaster - One For The Road: Live DVD. A superb professionally shot live concert from this legendary AOR/pomp rock band's reunion in 1994. Superb audio and camera work.

ALSO IN COMING WEEKS EXPECT TO SEE:

MPG - Self titled (with unreleased bonus tracks)

AMERICADE -- awesome legendary melodic hard rock band have given us 3 albums worth of material to release!!

AND LOTS MORE including Bandit, Lovebone, Ardent, DC Strut, Orphann, The Heritage, FLM, Thunderbox, Groundstar, Nowhere Dreamer, Crystal Pistol, Ian McCorkle, Hendrickson, Genocide, Nemesis, Sailon, and 18 Names.

Thanks everyone!

Aaron

Awesome news Aaron.

Any word on the TRACER FOX CD?????? :guitbannana:

Thanks everyone!

Aaron

Is this the current sleazy Crystal Pistol from Canada, which has been supposed to release a new album for quite a long time now?

Thanks for the update Aaron!