Best AOR bands found through Heavy Harmonies

Guest Photochromic Steve

Guest Photochromic Steve

Before I came across Heavy Harmonies, I thought that Bad English were fairly obscure, because nobody I knew had ever heard of them! Since then I've found literally hundreds of decent bands/artists through this website. I've listed my top 20 finds below in alphabetical order. Most of these will probably fall into the category of "how could he never have heard of them" to the AOR experts on HH - but they were all new to me before finding HH! I've still got plenty more to find!

So - what are your best HH finds?

AOR (the band)

Blanc Faces

Change of Heart

Dakota

Dare

Departure

Fair Warning

Final Frontier

Harem Scarem

Harlan Cage

Harlequin

Lost Weekend

Stan Meissner

Strangeways

Street Talk

Tradia

Two Fires

38 Special

91 Suite

101 South

To be honest when it comes to AOR I normally get my info on MelodicRock.com, here on HH I get more info on Modern Rock bands.

I have to disagree with getting info from melodicrock , by the time he has news someone on this board has posted it first !!So to me this site is more informative . I always try to post new bands so we all can enjoy them , even if sometimes someone out there has a smartass remark .........If you are looking for a concert check out melodic rock if you are looking for information go to Heavy Harmonies !!

I have to disagree with getting info from melodicrock , by the time he has news someone on this board has posted it first !!So to me this site is more informative . I always try to post new bands so we all can enjoy them , even if sometimes someone out there has a smartass remark .........If you are looking for a concert check out melodic rock if you are looking for information go to Heavy Harmonies !!

I was totally wrong, I NEVER get my info from Melodicrock, no NEVER. I have no clue what I'm talking about and forget anything I posted here. I must be stupid to think that I get MY info more often from Melodicrock and its noticeboard.

I'm an idiot!!! :doh:

Surrender

Kidd Blue

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

The Uppercrust

Aerosmith

Jorn

Deicide

Michael Bolton

Wham!

Lost Weekend

Brother Firetribe

Brother Firetribe

The Poodles

Dr. Grind

Leverage

Sunstorm

Place Vendome

Starbreaker

Tango Down

FarCry

That's funny I was just thinking about this same subject today. These are some of the bands I discovered or rediscovered since finding HH:

ALIAS

ANDY TAYLOR

ASPHALT BALLET

BAD ENGLISH

BANG GANG

BIG HOUSE

BLACKLACE

BLUE MURDER

BLUE TEARS

COLD SWEAT

CRY WOLF

DRIVE

FEMME FATALE

GIANT

HARLOW (TOMMY THAYER BAND)

HONEYMOON SUITE

JESSE STRANGE

LEATHERWOLF

NITRO

ROBERT TEPPER

SALTY DOG

SARAYA

SEA HAGS

SIGNAL

SISTER WHISKEY

SKEW SISKIN

SKRAPP METTLE

SOUL KITCHEN

SOUTHGANG

STAGE DOLLS

TATTOO RODEO

THUNDER

TROUBLE TRIBE

T.T. QUICK

TYKETTO

WAR BABIES

WILDSIDE

WWIII

XYZ

I must admit, Melodicrock, for all of it's great work, is usually the last place I go to find out about new bands and I don't really use the message board over there either, as I don't like it at all. I usually manage to find out from the good people here, Glorydaze, other mates or by my own initiatives.

Wig Wam

Leverage

Brother Firetribe

etc etc

Like a few other doods here, pretty much all the music info I find out about is from this site as it's the only music site I frequent. But I'm pretty resourceful when it comes to "finding out" about cool new bands on my own. Though technically, probably half the more recent ones I first heard about on HH, I guess.

1927--> THE BEST AOR band on this site in my very humble opinion (OK,OK maybe not the best, but my favorite at least :bananamac: )

Vision Fields

Aviator

Preview/Fiore

Wayne Smart

T Bell

Red Dawn

Network

Airkraft

Airrace

Tim Feehan

Final Frontier

West Of Sunset, Fingerprints

OneTwo (first album esp.)

Thomas Vikstrom (Solo Album- "If I Counld Fly")

Trillion

The Storm

Lots of others too........

I was totally wrong, I NEVER get my info from Melodicrock, no NEVER. I have no clue what I'm talking about and forget anything I posted here. I must be stupid to think that I get MY info more often from Melodicrock and its noticeboard.

Z, you are forgiven..........just ;-))

Some interesting comments on Melrock here.....I know most folk get their info from HH, but how much of that info was posted on HH by someone who get the heads up from MR.com?? More the noticeboard than the front page.........

Last year WET and Outloud for starters.

This year already Auras, NOW and Vega..............

& a bunch more over the years for sure.

Credit where credit's due.

Cheers

Surrender

Kidd Blue

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

The Uppercrust

Aerosmith

Jorn

Deicide

Michael Bolton

Wham!

Lost Weekend

Brother Firetribe

Cody are you taking the piss?

He must be. I mean seriously, Bon Jovi in a "Best AOR Band" list?

Surrender

Kidd Blue

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

The Uppercrust

Aerosmith

Jorn

Deicide

Michael Bolton

Wham!

Lost Weekend

Brother Firetribe

Deicide! Hardly AOR?? LOL

:rofl2:

Still, you proved him right when he said that "someone out there (usually) has a smartass remark".

<!--quoteo(post=547358:date=Feb 24 2010, 08:30 AM:name=TIM (2))--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TIM (2) @ Feb 24 2010, 08:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=547358"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=547355:date=Feb 24 2010, 08:18 AM:name=Glen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glen @ Feb 24 2010, 08:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=547355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=546806:date=Feb 22 2010, 07:14 PM:name=Leykis101)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leykis101 @ Feb 22 2010, 07:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=546806"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Surrender

Kidd Blue

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

The Uppercrust

Aerosmith

Jorn

Deicide

Michael Bolton

<b>Wham!</b>

Lost Weekend

Brother Firetribe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I didnt mean Deicide, I met Dangerous Toys! sorry my bad.

<!--quoteo(post=547358:date=Feb 24 2010, 08:30 AM:name=TIM (2))--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TIM (2) @ Feb 24 2010, 08:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=547358"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=547355:date=Feb 24 2010, 08:18 AM:name=Glen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glen @ Feb 24 2010, 08:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=547355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=546806:date=Feb 22 2010, 07:14 PM:name=Leykis101)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leykis101 @ Feb 22 2010, 07:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=546806"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Surrender

Kidd Blue

Def Leppard

Bon Jovi

The Uppercrust

Aerosmith

Jorn

Deicide

Michael Bolton

<b>Wham!</b>

Lost Weekend

Brother Firetribe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I didnt mean Deicide, I met Dangerous Toys! sorry my bad.

That hardly redeems you! lol....you mean to say that you 'found' Bon Jovi and Aerosmith through this forum?? Mate, were you under a rock or something ;-))

I must admit, Melodicrock, for all of it's great work, is usually the last place I go to find out about new bands and I don't really use the message board over there either, as I don't like it at all. I usually manage to find out from the good people here, Glorydaze, other mates or by my own initiatives.

Exactly my thinking !

I have found many many new bands on HH, definitely too many to list. But W.E.T., H.e.a.t. and Titan were amongst them.

Exactly my thinking !

I have found many many new bands on HH, definitely too many to list. But W.E.T., H.e.a.t. and Titan were amongst them.

If you read my post above, WET definitely originated from Melrock. I posted about them here first, and I read about them on Mel rock.....as I said, credit where credits due.

Exactly my thinking !

If you read my post above, WET definitely originated from Melrock. I posted about them here first, and I read about them on Mel rock.....as I said, credit where credits due.

Whatever ........ I read it first on HH.