Why is Kevin Rudd (Aussie Prime Minister) such a pussy?

Geoff

What is this dickhead's problem? Honestly, in general I have no problem with our Prime Minister because like every politician, I acknowledge he is *generally* just a puppet like the rest of them. But previous prime minister John Howard refused to apologise to the "stolen generation", and rightly so. Plain and simply, it's not his place to apologise. And I think the majority of Australians were with him on it. So why, as soon as Rudd gets into office, does he make all these apologies for something he has not right to apologise for?

Here's his latest sadsac ball-licking apology (sadly I don't have the video yet):

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091116/wl_as...ildabuseapology

He has apologised "on behalf of all Australians" to the 'Forgotten Australian'. Now, firstly, don't get me wrong. What happened to this people, I'm sure, was awful and I feel terrible for them that they had to go through it. But let's be honest. I didn't do it nor would I ever condone it. My parents didn't do it. No one I know did anything to these people. No even Kevin Rudd, our prime minister did it. So why the f*ck is our moron prime minister apologising to these people on all of our behalves? F*ck off and leave us out of your pussy, meaningless ass-sucking apology. F*cking weasly motherf*cker.

Rant ended. My apologies for the aggression I showed in this post, but not for something I had absolutely 0 part in, nor would I have if I were alive back then.

The funniest thing, it looks like you Brits are in for the same horseshit if you read this last sentence:

The statement has already made waves in Britain where Prime Minister Gordon Brown is set to apologise for sending more than 130,000 poor children to Australia and other former colonies.

It's been all over the news today and is a very sad situation that I was totally unaware of until now, probably like alot of people. The main thing about this is that the people who are still alive and their families, want some recognition that these awful things did happen to them instead of the UK/Australian governments trying to ignore, lie and hide the fact that it was indeed happening (which they certainly have been doing for a long time). It maybe not our generation who should be apologising (although this was still going on nearly into the 1970's) but someone was definitely to blame for all of this and quite rightly I feel, the people who have been fighting for an apology for all these years should recieve some kind of recognition for what happened. Maybe now will be able to close this awful chapter in their lives.

It better bring a close to it! :lol:

I'm seriously not trying to make light of the actual atrocities that took place all these years ago... I just don't like being made to feel like I am in any way, shape or form responsible for it. I guess different people probably see the apology in different ways, and perhaps sadly so, that's how I see it.

the problem with many of these sorts of cases is as soon as a govt says sorry they are if effect admiting liability, then all of a sudden there is a queue of people lining up for compensation.

Another good point. In this day and age when you can basically sue McDonalds if they accidentally put an onion ring in with your fries, this kind of shit is huge. You only apologise for something if you're to blame for it, and as you say, if he's admitting blame then every goose and his dog's going to be all over it.

the problem with many of these sorts of cases is as soon as a govt says sorry they are if effect admiting liability, then all of a sudden there is a queue of people lining up for compensation.

Another good point. In this day and age when you can basically sue McDonalds if they accidentally put an onion ring in with your fries, this kind of shit is huge. You only apologise for something if you're to blame for it, and as you say, if he's admitting blame then every goose and his dog's going to be all over it.

And as I said, The UK and Australian governments WERE to blame originally for it at the time, hence why they are rightly or wrongly apologising for it now. They most definitely should in some way accept responsibility for their countries past actions though, in respect for all the thousands of people it has affected.

:agree:

And as I said, The UK and Australian governments WERE to blame originally for it at the time, hence why they are rightly or wrongly apologising for it now. They most definitely should in some way accept responsibility for their countries past actions though, in respect for all the thousands of people it has affected.

Well there sure are a lot of things Australia should be saying sorry for (Peter Andre/Ricky Ponting/Humiliating everyone else at Rugby League/Kylie Minogue/Craig McLachlan/Neighbours/Aussie Rules Football) - but maybe this isn't one of them....

Personally I think apologizing for history is foolish....times change, people change, laws change, attitudes change etc... what was acceptable in the past is often not acceptable today......so we have to say we're sorry for what occurred in previous generations......ridiculous....as for those who need recognition for past indiscretions, they should be happy that those same issues are no longer happening today and get on with their lives....IMO

+1

Personally I think apologizing for history is foolish....times change, people change, laws change, attitudes change etc... what was acceptable in the past is often not acceptable today......so we have to say we're sorry for what occurred in previous generations......ridiculous....as for those who need recognition for past indiscretions, they should be happy that those same issues are no longer happening today and get on with their lives....IMO

Exactly! Because where do you draw the line? How far back and to who do we all need to apologise to for all the atrocities that take place in the world every day? And if the Aussie governement is to blame for this, then why didn't a larger force like the British or the US step in? Are they to blame too? Why not just apologise on behalf of the world?

Sorry guys in favour of this, but it's just a joke to me.

the apology isn't my issue... it's more the people that will join the queue for compensation.

hoesntly, if a person suffered this abuse and it has such a major affect on their lives, then how is a little cash gonna solve the problem? I have no issues is the govt offers the victims free medical, free shrinks, free counselling.... but treating the thing as a cash cow is just bullshit. Sometimes people get dealt a bad card in life and it's something that $$$ won't change.

My grandparents were in Nazi labour camps, never saw their families again and all that sorta stuff, but never once did i hear them blame that for their lives. After the war they picked up, moved to australia and started a new life. They weren't given a bucket load of money to make them feel better, cos they money won't help any problems like that.

Im a bit behind on the news... but when i saw this i was just "what the hell is he apologising for now?!!!".

I tried to take in an interest in politics in the past... but gave up.. and there arent many world leaders around the world that inspire me. But Kevin Rudd... seriously how can a nation be proud of its leader when its Kevin Rudd!? Hes the weeniest little nerd ive ever seen. The kind of person who id imagine driving a VW beetle at 60kmhr on the freeway.. just slightly peering over the steering wheel.

Question: Apart from say sorry, and sign a few documents about the environment noone really cared about..and turn up at every single event with a camera smiling like a cheshire cat......... what the hell has he done??

Without going into past politicians and PM's.. as i liked some and hated some with a passion..... this is the first one im well and truly embarassed by.

What is this dickhead's problem? Honestly, in general I have no problem with our Prime Minister because like every politician, I acknowledge he is *generally* just a puppet like the rest of them. But previous prime minister John Howard refused to apologise to the "stolen generation", and rightly so. Plain and simply, it's not his place to apologise. And I think the majority of Australians were with him on it. So why, as soon as Rudd gets into office, does he make all these apologies for something he has not right to apologise for?

Here's his latest sadsac ball-licking apology (sadly I don't have the video yet):

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091116/wl_as...ildabuseapology

He has apologised "on behalf of all Australians" to the 'Forgotten Australian'. Now, firstly, don't get me wrong. What happened to this people, I'm sure, was awful and I feel terrible for them that they had to go through it. But let's be honest. I didn't do it nor would I ever condone it. My parents didn't do it. No one I know did anything to these people. No even Kevin Rudd, our prime minister did it. So why the f*ck is our moron prime minister apologising to these people on all of our behalves? F*ck off and leave us out of your pussy, meaningless ass-sucking apology. F*cking weasly motherf*cker.

Rant ended. My apologies for the aggression I showed in this post, but not for something I had absolutely 0 part in, nor would I have if I were alive back then.

The funniest thing, it looks like you Brits are in for the same horseshit if you read this last sentence:

The statement has already made waves in Britain where Prime Minister Gordon Brown is set to apologise for sending more than 130,000 poor children to Australia and other former colonies.

This 100% a publicity stunt to get more votes for Krudd. Was just thinking that our past 3 or so PM's all had some big decisions to make that wouldnt be popular... however Krudd just seems to go the easy popular way. Yet as soon as he needs to make a big decision, or an unpopular decision for the good of the nation hes nowhere to be seen.

Personally the best thing about politics for me is the 2 comedians on the 7.30 report. They sum it up.

Well there sure are a lot of things Australia should be saying sorry for (Peter Andre/Ricky Ponting/Humiliating everyone else at Rugby League/Kylie Minogue/Craig McLachlan/Neighbours/Aussie Rules Football) - but maybe this isn't one of them....

+ 1

[except rugby league......they dont need to apologise for that cos its shite and no-one watches it anyway]

+ 1

[except rugby league......they dont need to apologise for that cos its shite and no-one watches it anyway]

No one except people who like good sport. Seriously, it seemed to get a good crowd over there to see the Aussies smash England. It is no doubt the best sport in the world and I'm happy for the sake of England that it does appear to have a good following over there. At least some of you guys are well versed in good sport. :)

+ 1

No one except people who like good sport. Seriously, it seemed to get a good crowd over there to see the Aussies smash England. It is no doubt the best sport in the world and I'm happy for the sake of England that it does appear to have a good following over there. At least some of you guys are well versed in good sport. :)

Yeah but what you dont realise is that the 'fans' (mis-guided souls) at the match are the only ones in the whole country!

Televised audience = zero. :tumbsup:

PS its no wonder you dont watch rugby league when you cant even beat Scotland :nyanya:

+ 1

Yeah but what you dont realise is that the 'fans' (mis-guided souls) at the match are the only ones in the whole country!

PS its no wonder you dont watch rugby league when you cant even beat Scotland :nyanya:

You mean rugby union? Yes, losing to Scotland is terrifying but the major reason I do not watch Union not because of that - it's because it's a sloppy, unstructured, slow, boring and shithouse game. If I wanted to watch a goal kicking contest I'd go down to the footy fields with my brothers and film it. Even AFL flows better than rugby union.

Sadly, England is like a big version of our Melbourne. We have some intelligent, sensible souls down there with an appreciation for good, skillful and fine sport and they follow the league (also, having the premiership winning team down there helps) but most the poor bastards down there have been brought up with Aussie Rules and it's all they know, it's what they're used to and it's what they watch. I can accept that. Over there, you're born and bred on soccer and union so it's what the uninformed masses flock to. Rugby League is for those who strive for something better. Maybe you'll get there one day, mate, but for now be sure not to dirty your wool coat as you waddle around with the other sheep.

The problem with these 'discussions' is that I only ever seem to have them with clowns with the mentality that because everyone watches Union it's the better sport. To that, I say go buy your Fergie, Black Eyed Peas and Britney Spears CDs and enjoy them with the rest of the awesome human race. I'll stick watching excellent sport while listening to excellent music based on how good it actually is rather than what everyone else thinks of it.

I don't ever bother starting arguments over this nonsense, but I have no issue defending rugby league because as a fan of any decent sport, I seriously know no better game.

+ 1

You mean rugby union? Yes, losing to Scotland is terrifying but the major reason I do not watch Union not because of that - it's because it's a sloppy, unstructured, slow, boring and shithouse game. If I wanted to watch a goal kicking contest I'd go down to the footy fields with my brothers and film it. Even AFL flows better than rugby union.

Sadly, England is like a big version of our Melbourne. We have some intelligent, sensible souls down there with an appreciation for good, skillful and fine sport and they follow the league (also, having the premiership winning team down there helps) but most the poor bastards down there have been brought up with Aussie Rules and it's all they know, it's what they're used to and it's what they watch. I can accept that. Over there, you're born and bred on soccer and union so it's what the uninformed masses flock to. Rugby League is for those who strive for something better. Maybe you'll get there one day, mate, but for now be sure not to dirty your wool coat as you waddle around with the other sheep.

The problem with these 'discussions' is that I only ever seem to have them with clowns with the mentality that because everyone watches Union it's the better sport. To that, I say go buy your Fergie, Black Eyed Peas and Britney Spears CDs and enjoy them with the rest of the awesome human race. I'll stick watching excellent sport while listening to excellent music based on how good it actually is rather than what everyone else thinks of it.

I don't ever bother starting arguments over this nonsense, but I have no issue defending rugby league because as a fan of any decent sport, I seriously know no better game.

Mate I wasnt implying I watch Rugby Union [apart from a good drinking session watching England beat Australia in the world cup - that was worth watching] - i f hate rugby with a passion.

In fact virtually any sport where people actually pick up a ball [rather than to kick it or hit it with something] is a f waste of space......rubgy, american football (yaaaaaaaaaaaawn), basketball (right lets run up one end score.......and run down the other end and score! nice), Aussie rules (WTF!), handball (WTF x 2).......etc etc.

The only exception to the rule I can think of is women's beach volley ball......which is awesome, with a capital A!