Guardian Bottle Rocket album..

phaffas

Does anyone own Guardian - Bottle rocket on CD? Whether or not you feel this album blows or not, does anyone else have any troubles with it skipping?? Ive now bought this cd for the 3rd time, and each cd has skipped ALOT on the opening tracks. The CD is in perfect condition though.

Does anyone own Guardian - Bottle rocket on CD? Whether or not you feel this album blows or not, does anyone else have any troubles with it skipping?? I've now bought this CD for the 3rd time, and each CD has skipped ALOT on the opening tracks. The CD is in perfect condition though.

I used to own it...before I got tired of how majorly it sucked and gave it away to some poor unsuspecting soul who is probably still cursing me to this day for foisting such a musical abomination upon his ears. But no, when I did have the misfortune of owning it and attempting to listen to it, it never skipped. Still can't believe you actually own that CD though. Aren't you the bloke that had never heard Skid Row or Kix? Jeez, man, how can you have "Bottle Rocket" in your collection but not Kix or the Skidsters? :(

More to the point, this is the third time he's owned it?! Matty-Boo, do you like people kicking you in the balls repeatedly? Seriously, you ever heard that 'twice the fool' saying. Have you heard the CD? Total piece of shit.

Like Mark, I owned it too and it played fine (if you call that "fine") but it was on my sale/trade list pretty much as I was spinning it. Took me forever to get rid of it too as it seems it's reputation preceeds it.

Seriously Matty-Boo, my advice: Give up on it. It's not worth it.

I like the Bottle Rocket album. BUZZ is the one I don't like but it does have about 3 really good songs on it.

Exact opposite for me. I like "Buzz" but thought "Bottle Rocket" blew donkey balls.

I like the Bottle Rocket album. BUZZ is the one I don't like but it does have about 3 really good songs on it.

Exact opposite for me. I like "Buzz" but thought "Bottle Rocket" blew donkey balls.

If you ask me they're both as shit as each other. Got them both at the same time and both went onto my trade list the moment I heard them... and both took forever to finally get rid of. Seriously, I think I listed them on ebay about 5 times. When it comes to Guardian, I'll stick with the first two only please (Yep, I'm the guy who thinks 'Miracle Mile', bar that last great ballad, is crap too).

Does anyone own Guardian - Bottle rocket on CD? Whether or not you feel this album blows or not, does anyone else have any troubles with it skipping?? Ive now bought this cd for the 3rd time, and each cd has skipped ALOT on the opening tracks. The CD is in perfect condition though.

I know where a copy of it is right this second! you want me to snag it today? let me know.

I had BOTTLE ROCKET very briefly in the late 90s... I think it set a record for the shortest time in my CD player before I sold it back to the used CD store... don't remember it skipping but to be honest if it did skip it would only have been an improvement...

If you've owned 3 copies of that CD you must be a glutton for punishment, Matt. :lol: Either that or you've bought the same copy 3 times.

• 3 weeks later...
Bottle Rocket is a strong record of Pop Rock ala COLLECTIVE SOUL or GOO GOO DOLLS...it's easily as good as anything those two bands have done...

Do we call that a post of a dagger through the center of my face? Collective Soul are terrible and I agree that 'Bottle Rocket' is about on par with that shit, but Goo Goo Dolls???

Dood, 'Dizzy up the girl' is pop rock perfection 'Gutterflower', 'Let love in', 'A boy named Goo' and 'Superstar Carwash' all completely and wholly crucify it too. The only Goo Goo Dolls albums anywhere near as awful as 'Bottle rocket' are those Metal Blade punk discs early on.