101 South

JC_AOR

I couldn't find an old thread on these guys; there's plenty of news...

The first two 101 South albums '101 South' and 'Roll Of The Dice' have been re-issued and re-mastered with bonus tracks, new booklets and re-ordered track listing. The first album '101 South' will now be called 'Freeway Ride' and has new cover art:

freewayride.jpg

New artwork for Freeway Ride

The second album will keep the same cover and name, but will have bonus tracks.

There is also a brand new album called 'No U Turn'.

101south-nouturn.jpg

No U Turn

You can hear samples for all three albums and make purchases from 101 South's Website

There is a package deal at the moment, $45 for all three album.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the first two albums and the new one sounds very promising aswell from the bits over at the website. A nice little package with the 3 disc bundle that may need some investigating. Remasters, bonus tracks and a brand new album - sweet.

looking forward to the reissue, is it true the bands doing it without any label?

I think so yes. I was going to wait a little to see if this gets a distributor, but I believe that Roger Scott Craig is keeping it all in house and doing everything. Good luck to him I say. :tumbsup:

Wow, does that mean the first CDs are already that hard to get? Decent band but 'Roll the dice' has been on my trade list for ages. Like Harlan Cage that style is cool for a few songs but it just gets far too samey for me.

love em, get em all

I think they are fucking amazing, a very good sound, and always have good production!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone recieved their bundle or the new CD yet?

No I've been wondering about this too. I've sent Roger a message and will let you know what I find out.

Evidentally Roger is waiting for enough orders to come in before he ships them out, to cut down on downloading etc. Nowhere does it mention that on the website. If you pay for a CD and it is avaliable, then it should be shipped straight away and not held up for that reason. Not good business practice if you ask me.

The new album is also being released by AOR Heaven in November. Wish I had waited now.

Keep me posted if he replies to you :tumbsup:

No I've been wondering about this too. I've sent Roger a message and will let you know what I find out.

Evidentally Roger is waiting for enough orders to come in before he ships them out, to cut down on downloading etc. Nowhere does it mention that on the website. If you pay for a CD and it is avaliable, then it should be shipped straight away and not held up for that reason. Not good business practice if you ask me.

The new album is also being released by AOR Heaven in November. Wish I had waited now.

I got a very brief reply today stating:

"delays in shipping CDs so let us know if you want a refund ok? Sorry bout this but some health issues going on now ......."

Doesn't tell me when it will be posted out.

I got a very brief reply today stating:

"delays in shipping CDs so let us know if you want a refund ok? Sorry bout this but some health issues going on now ......."

Doesn't tell me when it will be posted out.

That's 2 different excuses already then . I haven't even had a reply to my 3 messages either. Maybe a note on the website should be put up saying why there is a delay, before anyone else forks out their hard earned on something that isn't ready to ship yet.

You try to support the artist by buying there stuff directly from them and they can't even get the stuff out to you - Not really good enough in my opinion :angry:

• 1 month later...
i wonder if anyone got his CDs after all.

I placed my order in late August and still nothing, only a bunch of lies, excuses and whine.

This is the most ridiculous transaction i ever had...

Still not had mine through after over 3 months waiting. I have had a couple of messages from Roger Scott Craig saying he was expecting them this week, so hopefully he will have mailed them out now. The fact that he was expecting the cd's this week, says to me that he didn't have them all along to mail out. Very odd!

This has been one of the worst transactions I have ever done aswell and once I recieve the cd's (if I ever do, which at the moment, I am having some severe doubts) then I certainly won't be buying anything else directly from him that's for sure.

As I said previously, you support a band by buying directly from them, and in return, you don't get what you have ordered, just excuses. I understand he had some personal problems, and I do have some sympathy for that, but this could have easily been avoided by letting people know at the time by an email or a message on the website, that everything would be delayed. Those problems are, it seems, now over, but the cd's still haven't arrived with me or anyone else and now all the online stores are selling them (which originally this was going to be a web site only release) at a much cheaper price aswell.

I'll let you know if anything else happens with this, cross fingers. :drink:

i wonder if anyone got his CDs after all.

I placed my order in late August and still nothing, only a bunch of lies, excuses and whine.

This is the most ridiculous transaction i ever had...

Still not had mine through after over 3 months waiting. I have had a couple of messages from Roger Scott Craig saying he was expecting them this week, so hopefully he will have mailed them out now. The fact that he was expecting the cd's this week, says to me that he didn't have them all along to mail out. Very odd!

This has been one of the worst transactions I have ever done aswell and once I recieve the cd's (if I ever do, which at the moment, I am having some severe doubts) then I certainly won't be buying anything else directly from him that's for sure.

As I said previously, you support a band by buying directly from them, and in return, you don't get what you have ordered, just excuses. I understand he had some personal problems, and I do have some sympathy for that, but this could have easily been avoided by letting people know at the time by an email or a message on the website, that everything would be delayed. Those problems are, it seems, now over, but the cd's still haven't arrived with me or anyone else and now all the online stores are selling them (which originally this was going to be a web site only release) at a much cheaper price aswell.

I'll let you know if anything else happens with this, cross fingers. :drink:

does Neh HAVE THEM IN STOCK AND MAIL RIGHT AWAY??

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone's who has an interest in this and for anyone thinking of buying directly from the 101 South website then please DON'T. I have written an email to Andrew at Melrock.com to see if he can find out what is going on with this situation, but I am sad to say that it looks those people who pre-ordered from Roger Scott Craig have been well and truly ripped off I am afraid.

Here is what I wrote to Andrew.

Hi Andrew, hope you and the back are well mate

Just thought I'd send you an email, as I am not usually a moaner or anything, but thought I would bring to your attention the situation with Roger Scott Craig and the pre-orders of the 101 South cd's from the band website.

I and a few others pre-ordered the new album when it was announced on the website way back in August (initially it wasn't going to be released anywhere else, along with the 2 re-issues of the first 2 cd's hence why I ordered it). Total cost $45 - not to bad for all 3 discs, although he is asking $26 for the new album on it's own, which now it has been released on AOR Heaven for much cheaper, is annoying to say the least. Anyway, nearly 4 months later and now the AOR Heaven version has even been released, most people have it except all of us that pre-ordered originally from Roger. None that I am aware of have recieved any cd's, just loads of excuses and whines. I realise his father has been ill of which I am understanding enough, but I think now that the excuses have gone far enough, especially as the CD is now avaliable in all online retailers at a much cheaper price.

I was told by him 3-4 weeks ago that the cd's were due to arrive that week (in so admitting that he didn't have them in the first place), but still haven't recieved anything or heard anything since, despite emails. I have since sent 4 emails asking what the situation is and in the last 2 demanding a full refund, but no replies are forthcoming. I even tried Ron Berkes over at the website, and even he hasn't had the decency of replying either.

I think basically that this is really bad for all the people that have supported him and his music by paying him directly, for him not to send out what people have paid for. To me this is tantamount to defrauding people of cash, by advertising a product and not coming up with the goods.And there he is, chastising people for downloading music. Well I tell you what, there are links to his new album, all over the internet now, so his plans have obviously failed to stop people d/ling the new album and I hate to say this, but I can't really blame them for doing so, when he can't even mail out the cd's to honest people who have paid for it.

Rant over mate, sorry, but I thought that maybe you could do some investigating into this, or contact Roger and see if you can make any inroads as to what is going on, as I and a few others are getting nowhere. Didn't know if you were aware of the situation or not, but quite frankly it stinks.

All the best mate

Jez Parry

I thought the first album was a bit average, but 'Nobody Moves a Mountain' is an awesome track. There are very few rock songs better than this one, it's is 10 out of 10. Shame the rest of the album wasn't up to the same standard, only 2 other songs I liked. The title track and 'Get Up and Go' from the second album were quite nice, so they are a song rather than an album band for me if that makes any sense. I'll be interested to hear some of the new stuff, but not rushing to buy the album.

Fingers crossed they write another song like 'Nobody Moves a Mountain'!

I sent Roger another message asking why I haven't got my CD's yet (after paying for them 4 months ago) and requesting a refund if they are not ready to be sent now. In response to this I got a lecture about downloading music :blink: Roger, mate, I just paid USD $45 for your fuckin CD's... I'm really sorry to hear that he has had some health issues going on in the family but I know for a fact that Roger posts messages on Facebook all the time, daily in fact, yet does not have the time to send a message to his fans/customers about why they haven't got their CD's yet. What's more is I don't need to have lecture from him about downloading...Like most people on this forum, I'm one of the people that still buys new music and tries to support artists where possible. Well I'm told I will receive a refund this week but I can say right now, this is the last time I'll be buying direct from Roger. So Jez and others on this website let me know how you go with your CD's/refund and I'll keep you posted as well. I had a similar situation recently, which reamins unresolved as well, with another band called 'New Soul Cowboys' who have ripped me off after I purchased from their website. :angry:

I sent Roger another message asking why I haven't got my CD's yet (after paying for them 4 months ago) and requesting a refund if they are not ready to be sent now. In response to this I got a lecture about downloading music :blink: Roger, mate, I just paid USD $45 for your fuckin CD's... I'm really sorry to hear that he has had some health issues going on in the family but I know for a fact that Roger posts messages on Facebook all the time, daily in fact, yet does not have the time to send a message to his fans/customers about why they haven't got their CD's yet. What's more is I don't need to have lecture from him about downloading...Like most people on this forum, I'm one of the people that still buys new music and tries to support artists where possible. Well I'm told I will receive a refund this week but I can say right now, this is the last time I'll be buying direct from Roger. So Jez and others on this website let me know how you go with your CD's/refund and I'll keep you posted as well. I had a similar situation recently, which reamins unresolved as well, with another band called 'New Soul Cowboys' who have ripped me off after I purchased from their website. :angry:

Eventually I got a reply from Roger on Saturday (strangely after I had emailed Andrew at Melrock, Chris at Rockreport and George at Glorydaze) and I got the lecture aswell Justin (along with previous emails that had every excuse under the sun - Wife leaving him, being made homeless, Ill father, secretary ripping him off). Whatever the downloading debate has actually got to do with why he hasn't sent the cd's out to anyone I am still trying to work out. I too very rarely download (except the new Kiss and Skynyrd albums and I had already pre-ordered them anyways) and pay for all my music aswell, so I don't need a fucking lecture either to be honsest. I think I know the answer as to why he hasn't posted any cd's out to people - HE HASN'T FUCKING GOT ANY CD'S TO SEND OUT. He even said to me in his latest email that he would send me a copy of the new album (Very nice of you Roger, don't do me any fucking favours will you) and a full refund, but he only had 3 copies, so you work it out. What about everyone else that has ordered it.

I certainly won't be supporting him in future either, as he obviously doesn't give a shit about the people that are supporting him and his music and is only bothered about the illegal downloading angle (which I can understand to a point) but not at the expense of the people that he has got on his side. If we hadn't kicked up a fuss, he would have done nothing about this and just pocketed the $'s to make for what he is losing. Anyways, i'll keep you posted on the refund issue, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't arrive in a hurry if at all.

Eventually I got a reply from Roger on Saturday (strangely after I had emailed Andrew at Melrock, Chris at Rockreport and George at Glorydaze) and I got the lecture aswell Justin (along with previous emails that had every excuse under the sun - Wife leaving him, being made homeless, Ill father, secretary ripping him off). Whatever the downloading debate has actually got to do with why he hasn't sent the cd's out to anyone I am still trying to work out. I too very rarely download (except the new Kiss and Skynyrd albums and I had already pre-ordered them anyways) and pay for all my music aswell, so I don't need a fucking lecture either to be honsest. I think I know the answer as to why he hasn't posted any cd's out to people - HE HASN'T FUCKING GOT ANY CD'S TO SEND OUT. He even said to me in his latest email that he would send me a copy of the new album (Very nice of you Roger, don't do me any fucking favours will you) and a full refund, but he only had 3 copies, so you work it out. What about everyone else that has ordered it.

I certainly won't be supporting him in future either, as he obviously doesn't give a shit about the people that are supporting him and his music and is only bothered about the illegal downloading angle (which I can understand to a point) but not at the expense of the people that he has got on his side. If we hadn't kicked up a fuss, he would have done nothing about this and just pocketed the $'s to make for what he is losing. Anyways, i'll keep you posted on the refund issue, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't arrive in a hurry if at all.

f man that stinks....great post tho. Sounds like a twat........f secretary ripping him off LOL! Magic.

f man that stinks....great post tho. Sounds like a twat........f secretary ripping him off LOL! Magic.

I got "taking over the family house in Ireland" as the latest reason. Just wish he would get some communication skills and let his fans know what the delay is. 7 months!!! He continues to spend time posting on Facebook but has not issued me a refund. I was a huge fan of his music, supported the band since the beginning and now I'm delivered a big fuck you. It's very sad but I don't think I'm going to be able to enjoy 101 Souths music as much anymore due to this experience. To be honest I don't think I'll even seek to buy his new album from another vendor either.

Roger also states "please be aware that I will make NO MONEY on this new release but rather lose about $10,000 of my own money" - NO SHIT!!! How do expect to make money off something you don't have, and when you treat your fans like dirt!!!