101 South

JC_AOR

very well said everyone, i have heard all kind of lies from him the past few months plus lots of whine like "19 out of 20 people are downloading my albums".

And yeah, in return he's ripping off the 1 out of 20 that chooses to purchase his music. I'm losing hope that i'll ever receive cds or a refund... (i still prefer to receive the cds though...) but this situation is just ridiculous...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very well said everyone, i have heard all kind of lies from him the past few months plus lots of whine like "19 out of 20 people are downloading my albums".

And yeah, in return he's ripping off the 1 out of 20 that chooses to purchase his music. I'm losing hope that i'll ever receive cds or a refund... (i still prefer to receive the cds though...) but this situation is just ridiculous...

Kostas - The refund is coming this week mate, Roger said so!

Like yeah and monkeys will fly. ;)

I sent Roger another message asking why I haven't got my CD's yet (after paying for them 4 months ago) and requesting a refund if they are not ready to be sent now. In response to this I got a lecture about downloading music :blink: Roger, mate, I just paid USD $45 for your fuckin CD's... I'm really sorry to hear that he has had some health issues going on in the family but I know for a fact that Roger posts messages on Facebook all the time, daily in fact, yet does not have the time to send a message to his fans/customers about why they haven't got their CD's yet. What's more is I don't need to have lecture from him about downloading...Like most people on this forum, I'm one of the people that still buys new music and tries to support artists where possible. Well I'm told I will receive a refund this week but I can say right now, this is the last time I'll be buying direct from Roger. So Jez and others on this website let me know how you go with your CD's/refund and I'll keep you posted as well. I had a similar situation recently, which reamins unresolved as well, with another band called 'New Soul Cowboys' who have ripped me off after I purchased from their website. :angry:

Eventually I got a reply from Roger on Saturday (strangely after I had emailed Andrew at Melrock, Chris at Rockreport and George at Glorydaze) and I got the lecture aswell Justin (along with previous emails that had every excuse under the sun - Wife leaving him, being made homeless, Ill father, secretary ripping him off). Whatever the downloading debate has actually got to do with why he hasn't sent the cd's out to anyone I am still trying to work out. I too very rarely download (except the new Kiss and Skynyrd albums and I had already pre-ordered them anyways) and pay for all my music aswell, so I don't need a fucking lecture either to be honsest. I think I know the answer as to why he hasn't posted any cd's out to people - HE HASN'T FUCKING GOT ANY CD'S TO SEND OUT. He even said to me in his latest email that he would send me a copy of the new album (Very nice of you Roger, don't do me any fucking favours will you) and a full refund, but he only had 3 copies, so you work it out. What about everyone else that has ordered it.

I certainly won't be supporting him in future either, as he obviously doesn't give a shit about the people that are supporting him and his music and is only bothered about the illegal downloading angle (which I can understand to a point) but not at the expense of the people that he has got on his side. If we hadn't kicked up a fuss, he would have done nothing about this and just pocketed the $'s to make for what he is losing. Anyways, i'll keep you posted on the refund issue, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't arrive in a hurry if at all.

f man that stinks....great post tho. Sounds like a twat........f secretary ripping him off LOL! Magic.

I got "taking over the family house in Ireland" as the latest reason. Just wish he would get some communication skills and let his fans know what the delay is. 7 months!!! He continues to spend time posting on Facebook but has not issued me a refund. I was a huge fan of his music, supported the band since the beginning and now I'm delivered a big fuck you. It's very sad but I don't think I'm going to be able to enjoy 101 Souths music as much anymore due to this experience. To be honest I don't think I'll even seek to buy his new album from another vendor either.

Roger also states "please be aware that I will make NO MONEY on this new release but rather lose about $10,000 of my own money" - NO SHIT!!! How do expect to make money off something you don't have, and when you treat your fans like dirt!!!

$10,000 of his own money, plus yours Justin, mine , Kostas' and a few other peoples cash aswell.

I don't know this Roger guy or his band but f@#k after reading this this takes me back to the whole Lonnie fiasco. This Roger guy needs a f@#kjing ass whooping IMO. How do you take from your fans and then not send them the product they paid for? What a piece of shit this guy is.

"Andrew, can you post something on your site about 101 South to clarify what is happening - lots of good stuff going on and I am to meet with the President of the AFM Musicians Union (100,000 members) who are going to help us with our campaign to start reducing the now 90% of music being stolen online. Thanks RSC and we... hope you agree that FREE MUSIC is really STOLEN MUSIC!!"

Lots of good stuff going on eh? Yeah like what? Hope you agree that FREE MONEY is really STOLEN MONEY!!

Still no refund.

"Andrew, can you post something on your site about 101 South to clarify what is happening - lots of good stuff going on and I am to meet with the President of the AFM Musicians Union (100,000 members) who are going to help us with our campaign to start reducing the now 90% of music being stolen online. Thanks RSC and we... hope you agree that FREE MUSIC is really STOLEN MUSIC!!"

Lots of good stuff going on eh? Yeah like what? Hope you agree that FREE MONEY is really STOLEN MONEY!!

Still no refund.

Me neither Justin. My latest email is being written and will be sent later. This bloke is gonne be so pissed with me with the constant bombardment of shit that he will eventually give in, the thieving bastard.

By the way, I downloaded the 'No U Turn' album and gave the link to a few mates that were interested in getting it. Anyone who wants the mp3's give me a shout and I will gladly send them on. :fu: RSC

Me neither Justin. My latest email is being written and will be sent later. This bloke is gonne be so pissed with me with the constant bombardment of shit that he will eventually give in, the thieving bastard.

By the way, I downloaded the 'No U Turn' album and gave the link to a few mates that were interested in getting it. Anyone who wants the mp3's give me a shout and I will gladly send them on. :fu: RSC

:lol:

That is exactly, 100% what I do in the few instances this arises. I'm still working on a c*nt from ebay and I actually worked a reply out of him finally. Still a long way to go, but I'll persist until something happens.

The f*ckers deserve every bit of hassle you cause for ripping you off.

"There will be 'Blue skies' when 19 out of 20 people realize that stealing music is hurting the musical community and how do fans expect us to make good new music when they don't want to pay us for it? We need your help Andrew as nobody seems to realize that so many musicians are now quitting the business not that 95% o...f music is stolen. Many are now homeless and nobody is doing a damn thing about what is a very UNFAIR situation. You can already download this new song of mine for free on Illegal sites and do these people ever consider the well being of the musicians who make this music and have families to feed and mortgages to pay every month? How would they like to work all week then have me steal their product?"

I know exactly how you feel - having something stolen from you. What's worse is when the person who stole from you is someone you supported.

Still no cd, no sign of a refund and after 2 more emails, guess what!- no reply whatsoever. You fucker :fu:

I'm giving Roger stick about this on an almost daily basis. I won't be plugging his self-done releases after this. What a way to promote illegal downloading! Oh the irony...

Exactly the whole point. Continually banging on and whining about illegal downloading and he can't even treat the people who are supporting him right. I can't wait for the next round of excuses to see what he comes out with next. I certainly won't give up hassling him though, until he puts everyone right. I did ask for a 'Friend' request on Facebook, but the bastard won't accept me - I wonder why ;)

Just posted this up on Melodicrock.com to see if it will do any good. Hopefully alot of people including 'Robbing Roger' will read it and take note.

''Just a quick reminder to Roger Scott Craig if your reading this. I do hope that you are organising the refunds that you promised people well over a week ago (myself included), plus the cd that you also promised to post out the same day to myself (and hopefully others too). Neither have shown so far with me (what a f***king surprise that is), so just thought i'd give you a itsy bitsy reminder again and again and again - I am infact going blue in the face asking. I (and others) will probably email you 10 times next week to remind you aswell, when nothing happens this time and we recieve the latest batch of excuses.

Just a thought here mate.

As you keep on preaching to people that downloading is stealing, how about when you take their money and don't deliver the goods? Practice what you preach Brother Roger ;) ''

I've been bugger RSC about this again today and I just got back a reply - what in my view now ends my friendship with him and makes him look like a complete cock.

I wrote: "Totally selling your message short here Roger - please address ASAP!"

And the reply -

THE BEATLES CAMP PLUS THE LARGEST UNION IN THE WORLD = MY FOCUS NOW

AND SADLY 88 PEOPLE MIGHT BE UPSET BUT I WILL APOLOGIZE TO THEM

THEY WILL GET REFUNDS THIS WEEK

BUT MY LIFE IS NOW DEDICATED TO FUTURE GENERATION OF MUSICIANS

AND I ABANDONED MY OWN CAREER TO DO SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT

SUPPORT MUSICIANS' IS GOING TO BE A VERY IMPORTANT PROJECT MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN ROGER SCOTT CRAIG AND STUPID 101 SOUTH

95% STOLEN MUSIC IS NOT COOL AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ANDREW TO ADDRESS THIS RIDICULOUS MESS??

AND DO YOU CARE ANDREW ABOUT 95% STOLEN MUSIC????

AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

NOTHING PROBABLY LIKE SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE!!

WAKE UP PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO SOMETHING, SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!

I LOOK TO MY FRIENDS AT THIS POINT IN TIME AND YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING

SOME FRIEND OF THE MUSICAL COMMUNITY.............................

BUT TWO CEOS OF THE BEATLES DO CARE AND THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING

AND NOW THE AFM AS WELL WITH 100,000 MEMBERS AND WE WILL NOT SIT AROUND AND LET THIS CONTINUED THEFT OF MUSIC GO ON

WE DO CARE ABOUT FUTURE GENERATIONS OF MUSICIANS!!

DO YOU????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wow, what an absolute idiot. I honestly would normally feel for him (if he wasn't ripping all you guys off) and understand his concerns about illegal downloading. But what world is this dude living in? Unfortunately, as much as we all hate it - me included, even though I do not deny I download - it's just the way it is in 2010. Music is available everywhere for download and I'm sorry to say, but Roger Scott Craig and is little friends will not stop it.

There are a million other bands out there getting ripped off by illegal downloading, but each and every one of those bands, on the flip side, look after their fans who do still buy their music and support them. This guy is f*cking insane if he thinks he has a leg to stand on after shamelessly ripping off so many loyal fans without, it appears, an ounce of remorse.

As far as I can see, he deserves every ill effect that illegal downloading has on him. 99% of bands don't.

And I love being accused of doing nothing when I have given him more free PR in the last 12 years than many other artists....I've always supported everything he has done. I should send him an invoice.

Haha... you seriously should. :lol: Seriously, to me that is so weak of him. I cannot stand, for a moment of a second, people who turn on people who are actually in their corner when the going gets tough. As I say, any sympathy for him I could ever have mustered is completely gone.

Yeah, anonymously and illegally downloading music is bad, but shamelessly kicking the fans - who gave him reason to even continue recording music - in the nuts is a f*cking disgrace.

Wow could Roger have sounded like any more of a wanker?

I'm afraid this marks the end of my interest/support for Roger Scott Craig and 101 South. Never again will I support him or any music he is affiliated with. He has taken my money, made countless promises and excuses and delivered nothing. What a huge disappointment.

I've supported Roger, 101 South, Harlan Cage and various other projects he's been involved with over the years and this is how he thanks me - stealing my money.

Well mate - why don't you shut the fuck up about your buddies from the Beatles and your "95% of music is stolen" phrase and give these 88 people their money back! What a hypocrite you really are!

How can you complain about people not supporting the artists when you rip off those fans who are doing their best to support you and purchase CD's.

What a joke! And I really think you owe Andrew an appology after all the support he has given you over the years.

Not to mention the 88 people (probably more) that you owe money to.

I can see your new cause of doing something to prevent illegal downloading is going to be such a success - NOT! What a joke!! :screwy:

All I can say is what a thieving little C**t he is. As Justin says, this is the way he treats people that have supported him over the years - like shit. All the bullshit excuses and promises have left me feeling right pissed off if truth be told. No more support from me either and the word will be spread around. Andrew - Thanx for the front page of Melrock about this, absolutely Perfect mate. Me - i'll put this one down to experience. Roger - enjoy Justin, Kostas, mine and 85 other peoples cash you thieving bastard.

I can't believe this - quoted below is Roger Scott Craig's next E-Mail to Andrew, unedited. Never in my life have I heard an artist speak to their most loyal fans & supporters in this way. That last line speaks volumes. You know Roger, wait until your fellow musicians, the AFM and your so called friends from the Beatles read these messages. I doubt your going to have anyone on your side if that's your position. I tell you what Roger, your going to have one hell of a time trying to get your message across with that attitude. What a disgrace.

"88 PEOPLE UPSET BUT MILLIONS COMING ON TO MY TEAM SOON

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON HERE DO YOU????

JUST WATCH WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MY FRIENDS FROM THE BEATLES COME TOGETHER WITH THE LARGEST UNION IN THE WORLD

88 PEOPLE UPSET WILL NOT MATTER!!!"

Ive come really late to this party.... as the music of this dude bores the hell out of me. This is totally off tangent but is this guy a bit nutty? He has emailed me for years randomly, and sent me facebook msgs and friend requests randomly... even after i deny him! Up until recently i had no idea who he was. I dont know him. I dont know how he got my email, or why he wants to send me random emails ? These arnt emails about music ie. news... but just random crap... I dont know how many times ive denied him from facebook.

I sure as hell won't be buying the latest 101 South Cd but I think I will download it.....anyone have an url for it...???

I don't even know who this guy or band is but if I had it I'd upload it for everyone.

This guy is a fucking piece of shit.

Looks like RSC has updated the 101 South website with basically the same sewage he's been spewing forth via the emails many of you have received:

http://www.101south.com/

What a f'n tool this guy is...