Green Day......Why ?

Wotty

Flicking through the music channels on SKY,there seems to be a relentless fascination with "Green Day".Now I like a few tracks of theirs especially the excellent "Wake Me Up When September Ends",but I just can't understand the overblown saturation this band seems to get....

Any thoughts ?.........

The same thing can be said about DEF LEPPARD, NICKELBACK and BON JOVI...

Don't. Just don't go any further. :lol:

i HATE most Green Day songs (actually, come to think of it....all of them) cant stand Wake Me Up.... -_-

Sorry there mate!

I happen to like GREEN DAY, BON JOVI, DEF, and NICKELBACK. I just think that it's time to play other bands or non hits from the list.

Not the same 3 songs from each band... :doh::lol:

Easy answer, they've got a new album out plus alot of people like 'em!! Odd tracks are ok off the last couple of albums, but I really don't like the earlier stuff, although as Nick says, there are far worse bands around.

The same thing can be said about DEF LEPPARD, NICKELBACK and BON JOVI...

Don't. Just don't go any further. :lol:

i HATE most Green Day songs (actually, come to think of it....all of them) cant stand Wake Me Up.... -_-

Sorry there mate!

I happen to like GREEN DAY, BON JOVI, DEF, and NICKELBACK. I just think that it's time to play other bands or non hits from the list.

Not the same 3 songs from each band... :doh::lol:

That is true, over here there used to be an hour of Hair Metal every week that had Poison, Ratt, Winger, Wasp etc (aswell as the odd AC/DC and Iron Maiden tracks) but now, although you do get Jovi and GnR alot, when it is one of my favourite bands its always Livin On A Prayer or Always for jovi or Novemer Rain, Sweet Child O Mine or Paradise City for GnR

ive given up with TV now :P

as Nick says, there are far worse bands around.

I'd have to disagree. There is some worse music around. But as far as bands go, I can think of Red Hot Chilli Peppers as being a worse band. And, well, I'm sure there are more out there but I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Truly an atrocious band, in my opinion. :)

I actually like Green Day and Nickelback but I will agree to the over saturation of their music.

I'd have to disagree. There is some worse music around. But as far as bands go, I can think of Red Hot Chilli Peppers as being a worse band. And, well, I'm sure there are more out there but I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Truly an atrocious band, in my opinion. :)

Songwise you may not like the Chili's, but musically, they certainly aren't a terrible band by any stretch of the imagination. Flea and Chad Smith are both excellent musicians for starters and Frusciante ain't half bad either.

Songwise you may not like the Chili's, but musically, they certainly aren't a terrible band by any stretch of the imagination. Flea and Chad Smith are both excellent musicians for starters and Frusciante ain't half bad either.

ha, they had the olde hammeron drummer(RIP). and motorhead have mikkey dee(actually i always thought that he's there them just for the money).still i don't care the less for them. and one of my best times ever was in one festival in greece when they had to cancel and saxon played in their place. :christmas:

and one of my best times ever was in one festival in greece when they had to cancel and saxon played in their place. :christmas:

I too would have been a very happy man if that had happened to me. Saxon over the Chili Peppers - oh hell yes. :headbanger:

No doubt about it. Nothing against their level of skill. They just record the worst songs ever penned. Like I always say with Eddie Van Halen - only a poofter would say the dude can't play, but that doesn't mean, in my opinion, that he can write a half decent song. Well, more than 5 half decent songs anyway. ;) For me, the quality of a song has very little to do with the level of musicianship, though it certainly always helps. ;)

and one of my best times ever was in one festival in greece when they had to cancel and saxon played in their place. :christmas:

I too would have been a very happy man if that had happened to me. Saxon over the Chili Peppers - oh hell yes. :headbanger:

ha, this is the typical brit humour. i meant they played in motorhead's place. but i have another lovely thing to remember 'bout motorhead. when there were 2 big major metal magazines in greece they made some motorhead releases, with demos,lives etc. i think there were 4 or 5 cds. a belgian buddy, who's huge motorhead collector,wanted them and asked them. i've sent them and he sent me a lovely ultra rare belgian 7" inch single.

Totally Agree!! :tumbsup:

The only problem with the CHILI'S is american radio only plays CALIFORNICATION :doh: The guys I work with play the radio and I hear it at least 5 times a day....

Throw me a bone and play MAGIC JOHNSON or KNOCK ME DOWN...

The only problem with the CHILI'S is american radio only plays CALIFORNICATION :doh: The guys I work with play the radio and I hear it at least 5 times a day....

And here I thought I was the anomaly liking the 90's rock in addition to the 80's we all love. I like the Chili Peppers too.

add me to that list, i love the older stuff (and consequentially think "What Hits?!" is the best chilis compilation)

and while Frusciante is good, dont overlook Hillel Slovaks stuff, ive always loved the solo on Jungle Man for some inexplicable reason :P

And here I thought I was the anomaly liking the 90's rock in addition to the 80's we all love. I like the Chili Peppers too.

I think Faron does too. There's enough of you freaks out there. ;) Disgusting people.

Meh...Green Day. I sorta liked the stuff from "Dookie" when it first came out (I came close to buying that CD several times over the years) but haven't cared for anything I've heard from their camp since. They did some real good old fashioned Ramones-style throwdowns on their early records. Now they seem to be going through some kind of Pete Townshend rock-opera fetish, where everything they do has to be some sort of Bold Statement. I'll pass.

I think Faron does too. There's enough of you freaks out there. ;) Disgusting people.

In summation

Saxon > Chillis >> 10 billion light years >> Green Day.

Some crappy radio station in the area used to advertise on local TV this commercial, which had that fem-looking-eye-make-up guy from Green Day warbling, "Wake me up, etc." as the last snippet of the crappy songs they were featuring. It got to the point of annoyance that the TV screen was in danger of getting a brick heaved through it. It sounds like something yer average eunuch would croon; I swear that song is a cure for any insomniac. "There's a lot worse shit out there" still takes nothing away from the fact that it's shit. Shit is shit. Green Day = any bowel movement after eating bubble gum ice cream - the color is startlingly similar.