The return of the USFL?

whiplash1972

Ran across this info today while looking for info on the UFL (new pro league starting this fall). Apparently, the USFL will be returning in 2010. Interested to see if they actually kick off next year...

http://www.newusfl.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...l_League_(2010)

I hope they bring back the Baltimore Stars! I was a pretty big fan of the original USFL, but dammit, I just love football. I watch the Canadian Football League and the Arena League as well. We also have an Arena League team named the Baltimore Mariners, but they aren't in the AFL, they play in the UIFL.

These new leagues will fold as fast as they popped up. There's too many of them all at the same time.

Agreed, although one of the more financially sound leagues may just be able to pull off a surprise and hang around.

I'm surprised Indoor Football has hung around as long as it has. We have a United Indoor Football team called the Sioux Falls Storm. They won the championship 4 years in a row, always had a good crowd, and were 5-0 going into this season. Then it was discovered the owner wasn't maintaining liability insurance on the players and the league erased all 5 wins. Then the state found out the owner owed a ton of back taxes. Plus a kid just won a lawsuit in the Supreme Court against the team and they have to pay him $500,000 so it appears this team is going to fold after this season.

I know the Arena Football league has cancelled their season! but the original USFL (I was very young and dont remember it)but know it produced loads & loads of NFL talent! I know Steve Young played in the USFL, as well as Jim Kelly, and many many others! so who knows, I dont care what FL it is, I wish they would stick a fucking football team in Salt Lake, other then Arena football!

I think maybe Reggie White spent his first few years in the USFL (maybe) and of course Hershel Walker. talk about a guy that was just wasted by nfl teams, in Dallas he was still great but The Vikings just wasted his years. with the Eagles he earned a little back but Dallas build a dynasty with the Walker trade.

Dan Marino was the first player drafted by a USFL team, but never signed. The Los Angeles Express picked him with the 1st overall pick. Jerry Rice was also selected first overall pick in the 1985 Draft, by the Birmingham Stallions, but never played a game for them.

• 9 months later...

Coming soon to an arena near you: "XFL: The Sequel"

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...