Crashdiet has a new Singer

heaven&hell

From Blabbermouth:

Swedish glam-rock band CRASHDIET has recruited Simme of the Stockholm act JAILBAIT as its new lead singer. A new demo track, "Caught In Despair", featuring the band's latest addition is available for streaming on the CRASHDIET MySpace page. http://www.myspace.com/crashdiet80

CRASHDIET parted ways with its last vocalist, the Finland-based H. Olliver Twisted, in July 2008. "We need a singer who can commit 100%, which unfortunately Olli couldn't live up to," the group stated at the time. "He, as many know about, has another band in Finland and we couldn't settle for sharing our time. We want to go further than any band has done before and we can't afford to spend time just waiting. We need to function as a full unit, all the time!"

CRASHDIET's sophomore album, "The Unattractive Revolution", entered the Swedish chart at position No. 11 back in October 2007. The CD was mixed in the United States by Kevin Churko.

"The Unattractive Revolution" features a guest appearance on two tracks by MÖTLEY CRÜE guitarist Mick Mars, who flew into Stockholm, Sweden in June 2007 to help CRASHDIET write some of the material.

H. Olliver Twisted joined CRASHDIET as the replacement for David Hellman (a.k.a. Dave Lepard), who committed suicide in January 2006.

New CRASHDIET singer Simme

crashnew2.jpg

The lead singer's solid enough, but the song didn't do a whole lot for me. I hope there's better tracks to come from their next cd.

This song kicks some serious ass!! I can't wait to hear a new album from these guys!!

:banger:

Hey, that new track sounds damn good. I was a little iffy on that Olliver Twisted fella (didn't hate him, but didn't love him either), maybe they finally have the right guy this time.

I'd love to pick up the first two releases, anybody know where I can get them for a good price? Thanks!

I'd love to pick up the first two releases, anybody know where I can get them for a good price? Thanks!

I think that was hardest thing with those that it was near impossible to find them for under $20.

I think I ordered both of mine for around $21.99 each.

I still don't have their 2nd CD 'cause I never saw it anywhere for a good price. :( Would love that one too.

Crashdiet - 'Caught in despair' ; wow, nice. Awesome riff, killer chorus - awesome song. Love it. Could definitely get used to an album full of that.

Reckless Love - 'One more time' ; wow, very nice too. Reaaaal nice. Almost hard AOR / Scandi melodic hard rock as opposed to the in-your-face sleaze of Crashdiet. I guess I can see why he left if he wants to do this. Love it.

Verdict: I would listen to either in a heartbeat... both sound freakin' awesome.

Hey, that new track sounds damn good. I was a little iffy on that Olliver Twisted fella (didn't hate him, but didn't love him either), maybe they finally have the right guy this time.

I felt the same about the last singer - there were some hellishly good tracks on Unattractive Revolution though (but I thought the drums were a little too BIG or too bassy...either way they seemed a little distorted or overbearing on a coupla tracks) but I did prefer Dave as singer... I'll have to wait until I get home to hear the new track but from the posts here the futures looking rosy for the band again...top stuff!

Keep an eye on swedmetal.com

The don't seem to have then in stock at the moment, but when I last saw them in stock they were only about $12 each.

Crashdiet - 'Caught in despair' ; wow, nice. Awesome riff, killer chorus - awesome song. Love it. Could definitely get used to an album full of that.

Reckless Love - 'One more time' ; wow, very nice too. Reaaaal nice. Almost hard AOR / Scandi melodic hard rock as opposed to the in-your-face sleaze of Crashdiet. I guess I can see why he left if he wants to do this. Love it.

Verdict: I would listen to either in a heartbeat... both sound freakin' awesome.

Olli seems to perform far better in Reckless Love than Crashdiet. Whether he wasn't trying in crashdiet or wasn't allowed to sing as he wanted to, but vocally, the new reckless love track is far superior to any of his vocal performances with crashdiet.

Even watching a live performance of Crashdiet fronted by Olli he sounded so flat that I thought he didn't have that sleazy vocal style in him. Now all of a sudden it comes out. Where has it been?!?!!?

Interesting that Reckless Love got the deal with Universal though, cos their previous CDS/EP 'Speed Princess' was pretty oridinary.

Liked both the songs but I prefered the Crashdiet....love it....Cheers Rob for the download too it'll keep me happy until the album ...going straight on the old memory stick ..... just the right weather for this song, arm out of the window time ! :)