Best Thrash Debut Of All Time

Debut Thrash Albums!  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did pioneering thrash albums, hows about the best thrash debut album of all time, I tried to do my homework, and be as accurate as possible, so I didnt leave your favorite thrash debut album out, as there are so many awesome debuts, I of course took Venom, but it was a close second with the little known, little heard masterpiece, Oliver Magnum.

I guess, based on pure enjoyment, I'd have to go for Testament. Exodus would be close, but the horrendous production always puts me off playing it....

can't decide.....well with just a little will everything's thrash nowadays so i'll go for manilla road's invasion....

and you know what, I have about 10 more albums and Manilla Road was on the other list, that was a great album wasnt it?

can't decide.....well with just a little will everything's thrash nowadays so i'll go for manilla road's invasion....

and you know what, I have about 10 more albums and Manilla Road was on the other list, that was a great album wasnt it?

it was a difficult to choose between invasion or battle hymns, but i went for invasion coz it's older....

it was a difficult to choose between invasion or battle hymns, but i went for invasion coz it's older....

ok, so then i'll go with Queen's self titled debut from 73; it's not thrash metal all the way :lol: ,but there are already hints of what was to come on their 3rd album Sheer Heart Attack from 74(that one contains the speed thrash monster Stone Cold Crazy).

more seriously, i voted for Death Angel's debut; but it really depends on my state of mind of the moment, and tomorrow it could be Bonded by Blood or Feel the Fire or Eternal Nightmare or Infernal overkill or the Legacy or Doomsday for the Deceiver or Metal Church or Forbidden Evil or Power and Pain or War and Pain or Killing is my Business or Show no Mercy or Fistfull of Metal(and so on).

Some really great debuts are missing, like Sabatt's History of a Time to Come, Assassin's Upcoming terror, Holy Terror's Terror and Submission, Deathrow's Riders of Doom, Agent Steel's Skeptics Apocalypse, Heathen's Breaking the Silence, Coroner's RIP, Possessed's 7 Churches, Nasty Savage's self titled.

ok, so then i'll go with Queen's self titled debut from 73; it's not thrash metal all the way :lol: ,but there are already hints of what was to come on their 3rd album Sheer Heart Attack from 74(that one contains the speed thrash monster Stone Cold Crazy).

more seriously, i voted for Death Angel's debut; but it really depends on my state of mind of the moment, and tomorrow it could be Bonded by Blood or Feel the Fire or Eternal Nightmare or Infernal overkill or the Legacy or Doomsday for the Deceiver or Metal Church or Forbidden Evil or Power and Pain or War and Pain or Killing is my Business or Show no Mercy or Fistfull of Metal(and so on).

Some really great debuts are missing, like Sabatt's History of a Time to Come, Assassin's Upcoming terror, Holy Terror's Terror and Submission, Deathrow's Riders of Doom, Agent Steel's Skeptics Apocalypse, Heathen's Breaking the Silence, Coroner's RIP, Possessed's 7 Churches, Nasty Savage's self titled.

Sabatt's 1st album was excellent. I remember seeing them at the Astoria when it nearly ended in a full scale riot with the Astoria security nazis.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Easy choice for me, Metal Church - ST. Although to my mind it's more akin to Speed Metal than Thrash.

Just trawling through the polls and stumbled across this one. Went with Metal Church, by far my favourite of these albums, just amazing. Not thrash though, I'd probably just call it 'Heavy Metal'; like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden it doesn't fit any of the sub-genres, so it's just HM. Just my tuppence worth.

I'm not sure how I missed this poll but somehow I did.

My vote went to Kill Em All because on one hand it's fucking awesome and on the other if it wasn't for this album the others on that list wouldn't of ever happened IMO. Testament The Legacy is up there for me as well as is the Megadeth and Metal Church. The Venom, I'm not sure if I'd consider them thrash and I don't consider Iced Earth thrash either but that's just my opinion.

I missed this one too...

My favorite debut.... which isn't listed.... WRATCHILD (AMERICA) - "Climbin' The Walls"

My vote went to Kill Em All because on one hand it's fucking awesome and on the other if it wasn't for this album the others on that list wouldn't of ever happened IMO. Testament The Legacy is up there for me as well as is the Megadeth and Metal Church. The Venom, I'm not sure if I'd consider them thrash and I don't consider Iced Earth thrash either but that's just my opinion.

Without Venom their would be almost nobody on this list, especially for Metallica and Slayer, whom they personally asked to open for them on tour, leading to the discovery of both bands, I dont know what list youd put Venom on? isnt Welcome To Hell thrash? and LV Kix, I never really thought of Climbing The Walls as a thrash album, as it never really fit that profile as it always seemed to be just a suped up Heavy Metal album, Hells Gates is really the only song on it(that I can think of)that id even consider to be a thrash song, ITS A FUCKING BRUTAL AND KICK ASS ALBUM AND ONE OF MY FAVS! it suffered from terrible production, and never got the recogniztion it deserved, I dont think that group of guys ever put out something I didnt like, Souls At Zero was fucking wicked as well!

Without Venom their would be almost nobody on this list, especially for Metallica and Slayer, whom they personally asked to open for them on tour, leading to the discovery of both bands, I dont know what list youd put Venom on? isnt Welcome To Hell thrash? and LV Kix, I never really thought of Climbing The Walls as a thrash album, as it never really fit that profile as it always seemed to be just a suped up Heavy Metal album, Hells Gates is really the only song on it(that I can think of)that id even consider to be a thrash song, ITS A FUCKING BRUTAL AND KICK ASS ALBUM AND ONE OF MY FAVS! it suffered from terrible production, and never got the recogniztion it deserved, I dont think that group of guys ever put out something I didnt like, Souls At Zero was fucking wicked as well!

I thought I'd get hell from you for that comment. :lol:

I don't know where I'd place Venom as I know some consider them the creator of the black metal and thrash genre's but thrash was more of an American scene in the beginning and that started with Metallica IMO. Sure Venom was a huge influence on them and Slayer for sure but Kiss was an influence on Motley, Poison and Warrant but you can't consider Kiss a Hair Metal band. Sure they went through that phase but that's not what they were to start with. So if we're talking about "Thrash" that starts with Metallica period but that's just my opinion.

Motorhead and Iggy Pop were Venoms biggest influences!

I agree that Wrathchild (America) isn't 100% thrash. There were a few on the original poll list I personally didn't consider thrash. That is why I picked Wrathchild.. I believed them to be as "thrash" as some of the other choices.