George Lynch - In The Thick Of Recording New Lynch Mob Record

A new interview with guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, ex-DOKKEN) is available on Dave’sOnTour.com. The following is an excerpt in which Lynch talk about his new band Souls Of We, Lynch Mob’s upcoming record and touring plans for this and next years.

Dave: At the end of 2008, you toured overseas with a new Lynch Mob line-up that included Oni Logan on vocals, ex-THIN LIZZY and ex-WHITESNAKE bass guitarist Marco Mendoza, and ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION drummer Scott Coogan. Will US music fans get to see that line-up play live in 2009?

George: "Absolutely. We have a great new booking agent and great management. We're booking some festivals now and we're looking to jump on a bigger tour this summer. Lynch Mob will stay real busy in 2009 and possibly in 2010."

Dave: What's the status of a new Lynch Mob record?

George: "We're right in the thick of recording. When you phoned, I was finishing up a day of guitars. The record's working title is Smoke And Mirrors, and we hope to release it in June or July."

Read the entire interview here;

http://www.davesontour.com/whowhatwhere/g_lynch.html

I'm a little worried about this one due to the setlist they played when they were over hear in Australia (a complete disregard for the more commercial/melodic tracks off the debut), but Oni and George together can surely only result in good things. I'm definitely interested.

Looking forward to this and hope that it's in the vein of the first two releases and not some modern influenced crap.

I really hope George returnes to sound & vibe of the first couple of L.M records... :beerbang:

I totally agree with you guys.... would love for them to return to the style of the first 2 albums! I got my fingers crossed, haha.

I hope it's like "Smoke This" Part 2... ;)

I could totally hear Oni Logan rapping. :whistle:

Working title is "Smoke and Mirrors". :eek::lol:

• 2023 Gold Donors
I hope it's like "Smoke This" Part 2... ;)

I totally agree with you. I held off on buying this when it came out and glad that I did once I heard the samples.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the new release though.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This sounds quite good....check it out....

http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/lynchm...andmirrors.html

Hmmm, maybe. The clips are short but does give a person an idea.

13 tracks. I wish some bands would write 6 really kick ass tracks instead of 1 or 2 kick ass tracks and 10 fillers.

And why is 13 called a Bonus Track? What makes a track a "Bonus"? The first 1,000 copies produced have it? The number that comes after 12 is a bonus? The band choose 12 tracks but the record company put 13? I wonder what's up with that.

Anyway, we'll see.

Hmmm, I have to admit I'm not impressed. Sadly, though, it's what I expected after seeing their set list when they played in Sydney.

They have gone back to their roots, but like Wes indicates I think they're taken it too far and come off sounding boring and dreary like Badlands or some of the fillers off the first couple of Lynch Mob discs.

For me, 'Before I Close My Eyes' is one of the best songs I've heard this year, but it's also the only good song on this CD. The rest is slow-paced, kind of bluesy average rock. Where are the big rockers like 'Wicked Sensation' or the killer ballads like 'Through these eyes' or a few commercial rockers like 'No bed of roses'?

Sorry guys, but if you ask me this one's a dud, bar that one excellent song.

Hmmm, I have to admit I'm not impressed. Sadly, though, it's what I expected after seeing their set list when they played in Sydney.

They have gone back to their roots, but like Wes indicates I think they're taken it too far and come off sounding boring and dreary like Badlands or some of the fillers off the first couple of Lynch Mob discs.

For me, 'Before I Close My Eyes' is one of the best songs I've heard this year, but it's also the only good song on this CD. The rest is slow-paced, kind of bluesy average rock. Where are the big rockers like 'Wicked Sensation' or the killer ballads like 'Through these eyes' or a few commercial rockers like 'No bed of roses'?

Sorry guys, but if you ask me this one's a dud, bar that one excellent song.

I'm enjoying it but I don't think it really sounds to much like Wicked Sensation as it was hyped up to sound like. But minus a song or two there really isn't anything I don't like here and Oni and George both sound great IMO.