NFL Draft Weekend...

Clutch

It's been a streak of 15 years that me and a small group of friends have gotten together to drink beer, eat tons of food and watch the NFL draft. We are all married and it is completely understood that we get a pass on this day. I've missed weddings, parties, showers, you name it for draft. It is to the married man what Christmas is to kids. Some draft days have gotten completely outta hand (broken bones, cops called, no bullshit) while others just cruised by. The beer is already on ice and the weather is going to be hot here today. All the makings of an excellent draft.

Detroit just set themselves back about another 4 years. Stafford in not a franchise QB. in the biggest games he faded. On the other hand, no batter what happens this weekend, Atlanta comes out the most improved. Tony Gonzalas (sp?) to the Falcons is HUGE and I can't see anything topping that move. I want to see what the Jets do, they are one or 2 players away from a real contender I think. of course I want to see what my Steelers do with their picks, gotta get some DB help.

I plan on watching the draft up in my wife's hospital room. My brother has a softball fundraiser at one of the bars in town so I may just sneak over there for a bit as well. I'm really hoping the Vikes can get something worked out to get Brady Quinn from Cleveland, especially since there isn't going to be a whole lot left when they pick at 22. It sounds like there may be a few surprises early on. I'm not quite sure why suddenly all these teams have such a hard-on for Sanchez, but I bet his agent is loving it! And yes, the Lions are making ANOTHER huge mistake with their top pick in the draft. They will never learn.

I have to get to the Alltel store, mow the lawn, hit the gym (or go out on the road), but I will try to sneak in some of the first round. (Just to see if any major names are traded and which big collegians end up where.)

Sadly, since my brother moved out of state, it hasn't meant much. (TBH, doesn't mean that much to me either, but it was always a good excuse to get together at a local establishment for a drink or eight.)

I plan to make a mess of hot wings, crack some cold ones and watch the draft on tv. I love all the preparation and hype that goes into the draft. It is entertaining for sure. Vikes take eiter Harvin or an OT with the first pick.

Hanging out with my son...hoping my Chiefs take Crabtree even though they will go defense...

I keep hearing that Crabtree has turned off a lot of the teams he met with because of a "diva" attitude. I hate to hear that because he is a true talent.

I plan to make a mess of hot wings, crack some cold ones and watch the draft on tv. I love all the preparation and hype that goes into the draft. It is entertaining for sure. Vikes take eiter Harvin or an OT with the first pick.

Vikes were leery of Harvin to begin with, they for sure aren't going to touch him after his most recent Bob Marley impersonation.

Dirty Sanchez=NFL Bust....Another media hyped QB just like Vince Young

Wonder if he'll prove that as quickly as Young did or not. :whistle:

Vikes were leery of Harvin to begin with, they for sure aren't going to touch him after his most recent Bob Marley impersonation.

Don't be so quick to judge Rick. I think they are seriously considering taking him. With him, Peterson and Berrian, who do you key on? He would make the offense better.

I see the Broncos finally went after a good running back. Now that Shanahan is gone they may actually have a RB that will last more than a season or two with the Broncos. That got sickening the way they went through players at that position.

Vikes pick Percy Harvin~ WR with the 22nd pick in the 2009 NFL Draft :whistle:

Personally, I like the pick :)

Who is gonna throw him the ball?

That'd be Mr. Rosefels :bananamac:

I dunno...I think Chili Pepper sorta has feelings towards TJ.

Now that pick was a huge surprise to me! Not the worst pick they could have made but I think this kid is going to have some problems.

Now that pick was a huge surprise to me! Not the worst pick they could have made but I think this kid is going to have some problems.

Seems to be mixed feelings among the fans and analysts. Some are saying problem child, other's say the play making ability is huge. Being from the other side of the river, you know which way I'd like to see him go...wait and see. :popcorn:

Meanwhile, the Packers' draft is getting decent review so far. I like the idea of the switch to the 3-4 defense but I am not sure they were ready for it at the personnel level. However while they sat on their hands in free agency for the most part it seems they did make an effort with coaching hires and the draft to put the pieces in place. I guess I'll wait and see here as well. :popcorn:

Some draft days have gotten completely outta hand (broken bones, cops called, no bullshit) while others just cruised by.

Wait a minute...broken bones and cops called? Do tell...

Eagles day 1 was decent, but day 2 has me scratching my head. Andy must not see any difference between the 3rd round talent and the 5th round talent.

As far as sheer entertainment:

Hehehe.... Raiders... hehehe.... talk about a team circling the bowl. With their first pick (#7) they pick a player projected at #30, leaving Michael Crabtree on the board. With their 2nd pick (2nd round) they pick a safety from Ohio Univeristy (not Ohio State) that no one knew anything about. Only the top 40 safeties in the draft were individually ranked; he wasn't one of them.... the top 5 safeties in the draft were all still available.

Apparently he had the fastest 40 time of all the safeties (4.36 I think) and in Al Davis's feeble mind that outweighed all other considerations.

It's always fun watching what the Raiders do in the draft... they're so unpredictable!

Hehehe.... Raiders... hehehe.... talk about a team circling the bowl. With their first pick (#7) they pick a player projected at #30, leaving Michael Crabtree on the board. With their 2nd pick (2nd round) they pick a safety from Ohio Univeristy (not Ohio State) that no one knew anything about. Only the top 40 safeties in the draft were individually ranked; he wasn't one of them.... the top 5 safeties in the draft were all still available.

Apparently he had the fastest 40 time of all the safeties (4.36 I think) and in Al Davis's feeble mind that outweighed all other considerations.

It's always fun watching what the Raiders do in the draft... they're so unpredictable!

For me what adds to that entertainment is one of my best friends is a die hard Raiders fan. He run's our FFL, we always have side bets on games, big time into football. I just returned last night from out of town and read what the Raiders had done so far. Now I am trying to think of the perfect text message to send him and get him all fired up.

Eagles day 1 was decent, but day 2 has me scratching my head. Andy must not see any difference between the 3rd round talent and the 5th round talent.

I think crazy is a better term. Al Davis lives by the idea that you can't coach speed. That is great and all but you still have to run a scheme and if the player(s) don't fit, don't pick them. I'm holding out hope that Raiders are dumb enough to take Vick off our hands.

What the f#@k? Their talking about the Broncos discussing trading Tony Scheffler.

Is Josh McDaniels the biggest f#@king moron there is or what?

You have a great tight end and you think about trading him?

I'm lost on what is going in Denver since they fired Shanahan.