Motley Crue

Evil Rick

And in a related story, I like fish.

That is weird, where is the post?

I must have used invisible ink! :)

Anywho my question was:

Being a lte bloomer on this S/T cd with Corabi at the helm, which is a great album btw, I was wondering a few thing:

1) Did John do any other studio work with the Crue?

2) Really curious if there is any live music floating around, would like to here him sing classic Crue cuts.

3) How is this Quartenany release?

Thanks and weird no post thread.

Quarternary is an interesting snapshot of where the band was at the time. Just a grab bag of oddities, though. Not really a coherent album IMO.

I believe that most of the Quarternary release is on the 'Supersonic and Demon Relics' cd.

"Father"(Nikki's industrial thing with him singing), "Planet Boom"(the beginning of Tommy's hip hop fascination) and Bittersuite"(Micks solo instrumental, good stuff) are all the above album and were originally on Quarternary along with Corabi's song "Baby Kills"(that's also on the Motley Crue s/t reissue as a bonus track).

John also played some rhythm guitar and sang some backing vocals on the Generation Swine release, some of it was credited and some was not. You can totally hear his scream on the song "Let Us Prey". John had sang on most of those songs on that release at one point in the studio before Vince came back.

Besides bootlegs there's no live recording of him and the Crue released.

And yes this cd is amazing and should sold by the truckload IMO.

Didn't care much for the s/t Crüe record, "Misunderstood" and "Driftaway" was ok.

This is off topic, sorry, just a quick question.

I have an mp3 lying around with John Corabi singing "Gasoline Alley" by Rod Stewart (I think).

It's an awesome track, does anyone have any info on this song, like what album it's on?

I believe that most of the Quarternary release is on the 'Supersonic and Demon Relics' cd.

"Father"(Nikki's industrial thing with him singing), "Planet Boom"(the beginning of Tommy's hip hop fascination) and Bittersuite"(Micks solo instrumental, good stuff) are all the above album and were originally on Quarternary along with Corabi's song "Baby Kills"(that's also on the Motley Crue s/t reissue as a bonus track).

John also played some rhythm guitar and sang some backing vocals on the Generation Swine release, some of it was credited and some was not. You can totally hear his scream on the song "Let Us Prey". John had sang on most of those songs on that release at one point in the studio before Vince came back.

Speaking ofbootlegs, any fair to midland quality ones floating around anywhere convenient?

Like I said would really enkoy hearing John sing those old Crue songs.

Speaking ofbootlegs, any fair to midland quality ones floating around anywhere convenient?

Like I said would really enkoy hearing John sing those old Crue songs.

Sorry Terry I don't have any live boots with John singing but surely there's someone around here that has something with that lineup.

First off the S/T Crue cd is amazing and still holds up today. I would still like to hear a "finished" version of Personality #9 but it's like looking for Jimmy Hoffa. I do have two demo tracks from those sessions but the quality is terrible.

First off the S/T Crue cd is amazing and still holds up today. I would still like to hear a "finished" version of Personality #9 but it's like looking for Jimmy Hoffa. I do have two demo tracks from those sessions but the quality is terrible.

Jarred do you have any live boots from that s/t tour with Corabi?

I've got this one:

MOTLEY CRUE - Revolution Crue - Hiroshima, Japan (10/4/94) - 2 CDs (___mins.)

Track 9 on CD2 is from Angora demos

CD1 Live Wire, Shout at the Devil, Wild Side, Til Death Do Us Part, Power to the Music, Uncle Jack, Drum Solo, Dr Feelgood

CD2 Misunderstood, Kickstart My Heart, Home Sweet Home, Revolution, Loveshine, Don't Go Away Mad, Hooligan's Holiday, Primal Scream, Shake Shake

Pretty decend sounding audience recording...I haven't listened to it in a while. I'll check it out & try to upload it for all who care in the next few days.

Jarred do you have any live boots from that s/t tour with Corabi?

Yeah, they're pretty easy to find really.

I've got this one:

MOTLEY CRUE - Revolution Crue - Hiroshima, Japan (10/4/94) - 2 CDs (___mins.)

Track 9 on CD2 is from Angora demos

CD1 Live Wire, Shout at the Devil, Wild Side, Til Death Do Us Part, Power to the Music, Uncle Jack, Drum Solo, Dr Feelgood

CD2 Misunderstood, Kickstart My Heart, Home Sweet Home, Revolution, Loveshine, Don't Go Away Mad, Hooligan's Holiday, Primal Scream, Shake Shake

Pretty decend sounding audience recording...I haven't listened to it in a while. I'll check it out & try to upload it for all who care in the next few days.

Just posted this show here:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=479333

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that was the main problem with this album, and even back then I said they should never have released it as a Crue album.

A lot of die hard Crue fans avoided it because it wasnt Motley Crue in their eyes, and those that were into the current rock scene of the time were not about to buy an album by a band from the 80s scene.

I always maintained that had they released this under a different name, they might have stood more of a chance in what was a changing music climate at the time.

Only a year or so before they kicked Vince out (or left of his own accord, depending on who is telling the story), Nikki was still saying that they would never use the name again if even one band member left.

He shoulda stuck to his word and released this with a totally new band name.

If he had done this, I think a lot more Crue fans would have picked it up and maybe, just maybe some of the "scene" music fans might have given it a try as well.