My wife is crazy...

She knows I'm a big U2 fan and the band is playing Raleigh NC in October @ Carter Finley Stadium.

I called and told her that they had upper level tickets @ $30, which is great for a U2 show (and being in the round basically there is not a bad seat in the place)...they also had a $55 tier which I was looking at...the next up are $95 and (yes) $250 each.

I told her the U2 fan club has pre-sale rights and they go on sale to the public on Friday.

First she says get the $95 ticket cuz she knows how much I love them. Then she suggested I think about joining the fan club (for $50) to be able to buy them today instead of Friday. Of course we would take our 15 year old son as well, so she actually tried to get me to drop about $380 on 3 concert tickets...I told her she was out of her mind.

She even said "You know, if you want to get the $250 ticket...", I cut her off and said there's not a single band on the planet worth paying that kind of money for.

I'm going to go with my original plan and get 3 of the $55 tickets on Friday...I'd rather spend the day in Raleigh, go out to eat, go to the show and walk out with a shirt having had a good time w/ my family than drop ridiculous money on a ticket that'd get me pushed/shoved around on the field anyway...

$250 a ticket...that's insane.

She knows I'm a big U2 fan and the band is playing Raleigh NC in October @ Carter Finley Stadium.

I called and told her that they had upper level tickets @ $30, which is great for a U2 show (and being in the round basically there is not a bad seat in the place)...they also had a $55 tier which I was looking at...the next up are $95 and (yes) $250 each.

I told her the U2 fan club has pre-sale rights and they go on sale to the public on Friday.

First she says get the $95 ticket cuz she knows how much I love them. Then she suggested I think about joining the fan club (for $50) to be able to buy them today instead of Friday. Of course we would take our 15 year old son as well, so she actually tried to get me to drop about $380 on 3 concert tickets...I told her she was out of her mind.

She even said "You know, if you want to get the $250 ticket...", I cut her off and said there's not a single band on the planet worth paying that kind of money for.

I'm going to go with my original plan and get 3 of the $55 tickets on Friday...I'd rather spend the day in Raleigh, go out to eat, go to the show and walk out with a shirt having had a good time w/ my family than drop ridiculous money on a ticket that'd get me pushed/shoved around on the field anyway...

I haven't seen them since the "War" tour back in the day. Great band for sure. :D

Yeah, that's insane indeed ! I also refuse to pay such money. Unfortunately a lot of the more known bands charge a lot these days (Eagles, AC/DC, ...). In Germany you easily need to spend 100 - 150$ for a reasonable ticket. INSANE !!!

You only live once........with that being said, I've 'paid' for some tickets before.....KISS 'Reunion Tour' 4th row.......Van Halen 'Reunion Tour' 20 rows back.......Creed 'last' tour...20 rows back.....John Michael Montgomery *for the wife* 5th row front and center....Clay Walker 5th row.....and the list goes on.....

And, the last time I saw U2 was on the Unforgettable Fire tour.....where was that...sometime in '84??? GREAT GREAT show!!!!

Get the big boys dude........

You only live once.......

I paid about $100 for Motley Crue, I think, and that's the most I've done. Painful. Like Jim says, though, if the right band comes your way (even moreso here in Australia where we get slim pickings) you just have to do it 'cause it likely won't happen again.

Hey Shawn, take solace in the fact the wife was OK'ing any of this. I have plenty of friends whose wives would have told them negative to going at all. Me, I'm a lucky one as well. I thought we were having lamaze class coming up when I wanted to go to a show. Not only did she correct me that we didn't but she said "go, have a great time". :headbanger:

My Mother & Sister in law both paid $200.00 for Celine Dion tickets in Las Vegas. I told them for that price, she better give me a happy ending after her performance. :tits:

In other words, her not showing up at all? That would be a happy ending to a Celine Dion concert... ;)

My Mother & Sister in law both paid $200.00 for Celine Dion tickets in Las Vegas. I told them for that price, she better give me a happy ending after her performance. :tits:

In other words, her not showing up at all? That would be a happy ending to a Celine Dion concert... ;)

That, or her exploding as she walked out on stage.

Yep, that would work as well, everyone loves pyro at a concert. :D

:rofl2:

I'd actually pay to see that.

Hey Shawn, take solace in the fact the wife was OK'ing any of this. I have plenty of friends whose wives would have told them negative to going at all. Me, I'm a lucky one as well. I thought we were having lamaze class coming up when I wanted to go to a show. Not only did she correct me that we didn't but she said "go, have a great time". :headbanger:

True...a lot of people are surprised at that in general.

I get the "you only live once" thing...but, I can't in good concience spend that kind of money on a concert...with a teenager about to get behind the wheel (insurance), needing a new floor in the kitchen, a new deck, etc...I'd feel really guilty. I will get the $55 seats and have a great time though...just knowing I was there.

Got 'em...Section 212 (upper deck) facing directly center stage, Row E.

Carter Finley is small (for a stadium, 60,000 capacity) and people I know who have been there say its a fantastic place...clean, well-kept and not a bad seat. My boss saw the Rolling Stones there and said it was great and a friend of my wife goes to all the NC State home games and says its a great place.

Sweet. :headbanger:

You'd have to pay me to go to a U2 concert, and it would have to be a lot more than $250.

No offense to the fans, but I really don't care for this band at all. Never understood their massive appeal.

You'd have to pay me to go to a U2 concert, and it would have to be a lot more than $250.

No offense to the fans, but I really don't care for this band at all. Never understood their massive appeal.

Preach on brother Markus! Though to be honest, I'd got for a tenner these days. Anything helps. :(