My Stepdad played the most brilliant AOR disc for me last night!

Leykis101

I sat in disbelief, it was the exact kind of AOR I like, almost like they knew exactly what to play and when to play it, ive never even heard of it, it's called Hunter, the only Hunter I can find is some 70's band that had a song on Munich City Nights, and Im willing to bet my scrotum it's not the same band, I mean this cd was almost the same kind of AOR as Fee Waybills Read My Lipps(my all time favorite AOR cd) ive gotta find this cd, but now my stepdad wont answer the phone, I need to find out the name of it, you guys that like AOR, im telling you, this was a disc that made me just sit in total disbelief, there is a song called Start It Up, it about put me into a trance, please guys, one of you has to know what the cd's called?

I sat in disbelief, it was the exact kind of AOR I like, almost like they knew exactly what to play and when to play it, ive never even heard of it, it's called Hunter, the only Hunter I can find is some 70's band that had a song on Munich City Nights, and Im willing to bet my scrotum it's not the same band, I mean this cd was almost the same kind of AOR as Fee Waybills Read My Lipps(my all time favorite AOR cd) ive gotta find this cd, but now my stepdad wont answer the phone, I need to find out the name of it, you guys that like AOR, im telling you, this was a disc that made me just sit in total disbelief, there is a song called Start It Up, it about put me into a trance, please guys, one of you has to know what the cd's called?

What would be quicker than everyone on here trying to work out what this is, would be to phone up your step-Dad - even though he won't answer the phone. Leave him a message saying you are in urgent need of a transplanted organ from a family member and can he call you back immediately, then - when he does - ask him about the album (obviously before you tell him that the organ transplant thing was a joke) and tell us all what it is.

Glad I could help.

What would be quicker than everyone on here trying to work out what this is, would be to phone up your step-Dad - even though he won't answer the phone. Leave him a message saying you are in urgent need of a transplanted organ from a family member and can he call you back immediately, then - when he does - ask him about the album (obviously before you tell him that the organ transplant thing was a joke) and tell us all what it is.

Glad I could help.

:rofl2:

I just called and called and called until he answered and told me to fuck myself and hung up! I guess now he's made it so I just have to drive over there!

Well there are two bands featured on this site called Hunter, so I'd start there if I was you.

Otherwise there is 'Orion The Hunter' from 1984 whose album was called 'Hunter' I believe. That is an awesome AOR album.

Cheers

Well there are two bands featured on this site called Hunter, so I'd start there if I was you.

Otherwise there is 'Orion The Hunter' from 1984 whose album was called 'Hunter' I believe. That is an awesome AOR album.

Cheers

Ah, so he's talking about Marc Hunter's band HUNTER. That had a song called "Start It Up" on there. The album's: "Dreams of Ordinary Men", and it's pretty good lite AOR with one outstanding tune ("Rain") and loads of other good ones. It's on a major label I think so you should be able to track it down, but I wouldn't pay much...

Cheers

Ah, so he's talking about Marc Hunter's band HUNTER. That had a song called "Start It Up" on there. The album's: "Dreams of Ordinary Men", and it's pretty good lite AOR with one outstanding tune ("Rain") and loads of other good ones. It's on a major label I think so you should be able to track it down, but I wouldn't pay much...

Yeah, I'd stick with 'Orion The Hunter'................. :tumbsup:

A great album for sure! If you like this you must check out more stuff by Dragon and Marc Hunters solo stuff.

Some interesting facts about this album from AusRock:

"In 1987 Dragon toured Europe as support to Tina Turner. They were under the impression that the "Dragon" name would make them sound like a heavy metal band, their name was changed to Hunter for the tour. "Dreams Of Ordinary Men" was released in Europe and the US under the name Hunter, with a different cover and three bonus songs. "Rain" was added to the track list, and all of the songs, except "Midnight Sun" and "Start It Up" were remixed in the US. They all sound different to the Aussie originals."

A great album for sure! If you like this you must check out more stuff by Dragon and Marc Hunters solo stuff.

"In 1987 Dragon toured Europe as support to Tina Turner. They were under the impression that the "Dragon" name would make them sound like a heavy metal band, their name was changed to Hunter for the tour. "Dreams Of Ordinary Men" was released in Europe and the US under the name Hunter, with a different cover and three bonus songs. "Rain" was added to the track list, and all of the songs, except "Midnight Sun" and "Start It Up" were remixed in the US. They all sound different to the Aussie originals."

Assume they changed their name because: 1. it was a shit name, and 2. it was also the name of a Death Metal band!

I remember the hype about this band in the 80's, but the album isn't that spectacular IMO. Glen's definitely right, Orion the Huner is a much better example of classic AOR than this uneven disc is....

Assume they changed their name because: 1. it was a shit name, and 2. it was also the name of a Death Metal band!

I remember the hype about this band in the 80's, but the album isn't that spectacular IMO. Glen's definitely right, Orion the Huner is a much better example of classic AOR than this uneven disc is....

Yeah Orion The Hunter is awesome but I consider it to be a different style all together than Dragon. Dragon really is just a melodic pop/rock/pub rock band, I probably wouldn't give them the AOR label. I admit Dragon had some average sounding songs but when they were good they were really good. I could compile an awesome best of disc of Dragon/Marc Hunter material. Maybe I'll do that? :idea:

so you guys figured it out in the time it took me to drive to his house, Orion The Hunter? WTF? that's Fran Cosmos band, its not even the same type of music, I guess my stepdads had the discfor years, He's into good shit, he's who I learned about John Scofield and Al Dimeola! 2 of myfavorite guitarists, but what are u talking about Orion? this Hunter band, that type of music is very technical, and that song was instantly stuck in my head, Its still not even close to Fee Waybill Read My Lipps

so you guys figured it out in the time it took me to drive to his house, Orion The Hunter? WTF? that's Fran Cosmos band, its not even the same type of music, I guess my stepdads had the discfor years, He's into good shit, he's who I learned about John Scofield and Al Dimeola! 2 of myfavorite guitarists, but what are u talking about Orion? this Hunter band, that type of music is very technical, and that song was instantly stuck in my head, Its still not even close to Fee Waybill Read My Lipps

I think we went off at a tangent there... The album you heard is HUNTER "Dreams of Ordinary Men" (link below).

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...of+Ordinary+Men

It's kinda Hi-Tech/Lite AOR, sounds very dated and cliched these days but it's not bad....

P.s. My copy has a different cover to this one, it's white with a band picture on the front. I also have some 'live' bonus tracks on the end (which are terrible!)

I would like to also add, seeeing as we are on the Hunter trip, that the other Hunter featured on HH namely 'Here And Now' is a mighty excellent disc and worth a listen if you can find it.

'Dreams Of Oridinary Men' is an ok disc, without being mindblowing.

I think we went off at a tangent there... The album you heard is HUNTER "Dreams of Ordinary Men" (link below).

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...of+Ordinary+Men

It's kinda Hi-Tech/Lite AOR, sounds very dated and cliched these days but it's not bad....

I chased this disc down so hard years back because Tommy Emmanuel played guitars on it (a very famous guitarist here in Australia)... and yes its hi-tech aor which just made me cringe. I didnt own it long. One of the biggest disappointments ive ever had when searching for cds.

Dragon of course is from New Zealand and had some very big hits (at least down here) esp with "April sun in Cuba"... which definately isnt HH material.

I chased this disc down so hard years back because Tommy Emmanuel played guitars on it (a very famous guitarist here in Australia)... and yes its hi-tech aor which just made me cringe. I didnt own it long. One of the biggest disappointments ive ever had when searching for cds.

He may be a skilled guitarist, but since when has Tommy Emmanuel ever made any good music to warrant being disappointed over this?

He may be a skilled guitarist, but since when has Tommy Emmanuel ever made any good music to warrant being disappointed over this?

You are an idiot.

Brother Of Mine is a classic matey :tumbsup:

George Lynch > any guitarist from australia... :guitbannana:

Better than Angus Young :yikes::whistle:

Only joking :tumbsup:

Here's where I get slammed!

To be better then Angus Young, all he would have to do is play more then the same four chords in different styles! just imo! I mean Bengal Tigers and The Poor are more effective Ac/Dc's then Ac/Dc! but I'm not a fan in the least!

Here's where I get slammed!

To be better then Angus Young, all he would have to do is play more then the same four chords in different styles! just imo! I mean Bengal Tigers and The Poor are more effective Ac/Dc's then Ac/Dc! but I'm not a fan in the least!

I'm with you there... but gve me Dirty Looks and Rhino Bucket.