Board back up.

I thought I was banned from something I said. :(

I thought along those lines :lol:

I thought everybody else had been banned ! Really !! :tumbsup:

I thought Member No. 2 had finally had enough of our shananigans. :D

Can you please make the Smilies box when adding a reply back to the size it was before? I can only see 6 of those little guys now. :(

Damn I thought I was kicked out of the HH community and someone threw away the key!!

OK, so what the heck did they do during this "upgrade" anyway? I'm able to log on now @ home, but when I logged onto H.H. from my work computer at lunch time, as soon as I clicked on anything, BOOM! I found myself back at the log-in screen again. So I logged in again, tried to reply to a thread, same thing again. It happened several more times before I finally said "Hell with it" and (begrudgingly) did some work instead.

Any idea what caused this strange phenomenon? I was able to log on to all of my other "usual" sites with no problem, but H.H. kept kickin' me out.

Or... are y'all trying to tell me something? :yikes:

Being in IT I know the pains of upgrades...they are necessary evils. In the end they usually bring more good than bad, especially once the users get used to the changes. I have not been on the board long enough to know enough about what has changed. Either way, thanks a ton for the all the hard work keeping this up and running!

Since the board has been back up I have been having problems with load times. Everything works fine for the first few minutes, then every forum page I try to load just hangs (similar to what it was doing several months ago when everyone was having problems) and I finally give up, leave the site, and check back after a while and it's working again...again only for a while. Anyone else having this problem?

...are y'all trying to tell me something?

Well, I don't know if we're ALL trying to tell you something, but I'm pretty sure Geoff wants to pull you close and whisper naughty things in your ear, followed by delicate nibbles on your lobe.

Clear all your cookies associated with the board and relog-in. Part of the antispam measures included redoing some of the browser cookie implementation.

-Dan

Ooookay... tried that this afternoon @ work and had no luck. Same thing happened. I log in, I click on a thread to read it, back to the login screen again. Cleared out any and all cookies. Re-logged in, was able to "view new posts" this time without getting the boot, but again as soon as I clicked on anything else, I was on the "outside" again. :(

:wtf:

Well, I don't know if we're ALL trying to tell you something, but I'm pretty sure Geoff wants to pull you close and whisper naughty things in your ear, followed by delicate nibbles on your lobe.

That's what I call a Friday night.

So how long was the board down? I appear to have missed it all. I had an 'ISP error' for about 10mins this morning where I couldn't access the boards, but that's about it for me.

That's what I call a Friday night.

So how long was the board down? I appear to have missed it all. I had an 'ISP error' for about 10mins this morning where I couldn't access the boards, but that's about it for me.

It was down about 3 hours.

Wow, just got this when I tried to reply to a PM after just sending another one off:

The error returned was:

You cannot send another PM until Apr 14 2009, 01:48 PM

Does this mean I can't send PM's in quick succession? How odd...

Wow, just got this when I tried to reply to a PM after just sending another one off:

The error returned was:

Nope. Gotta wait 3 minutes between sending PMs. That's the big change actually. It's to prevent spammers from registering and then using scripts to PM-spam all the users on the board.

The error returned was:

Nope. Gotta wait 3 minutes between sending PMs. That's the big change actually. It's to prevent spammers from registering and then using scripts to PM-spam all the users on the board.

Cool. Finally some relief from Matt's bombardments. :)

The error returned was:

As if id do that

The error returned was:

As if id do that

ok maybe

The error returned was:

As if id do that

ok maybe

but you love it