Biggest dissapointment for a somewhat expensive CD?

And I'm not talking about cheap one's here...not too long ago I paid about 25 euros for Stan Meissner - Dangerous Games. It was OK, but not worth it (I probably want it in my collection, but not for that price). Yes I paid a decent coin for it, but the content was the biggest dissapoinment.

And I'm not talking about cheap one's here...not too long ago I paid about 25 euros for Stan Meissner - Dangerous Games. It was OK, but not worth it (I probably want it in my collection, but not for that price). Yes I paid a decent coin for it, but the content was the biggest dissapoinment.

Dude, that is an excellent AOR disc. I think I paid 20 euro for mine and I don't regret it one second...

This probably doesn't sound like too much money but it was by my standards, but I paid us$20 + postage for Falcon's 'Chartscraper' (after being constantly compared to Masquerade/TNT) and I thought it was a peice of shit.

Dude, that is an excellent AOR disc. I think I paid 20 euro for mine and I don't regret it one second...

Yeah, 'Dangerous Games' is a great disc for me aswell. 'Windows To Light' is also excellent'.

Err... to answer the question, I wouldn't fork out big bucks on a CD if I didn't know beforehand what it was like, hence no disappointments so far.

JILLSON - DEADLY GIRL (Never mind what I spent on it with all the hype I was expecting awesome and in my humble opinion I got was average but on a positive note it is silver pressed and it fits nicly in my quantity quality all silver pressed cd collection! :banger:

REFUGEE - Burning from the Inside Out

I spent a fair bit on it & it's stunningly average 80's AOR, miles behind the great 80's albums. The good thing is that I sold it long before they re-issued it, so I made a decent profit anyway....

Pretty much every indie band I've spent over $50 for has been a disappointment in some way or another. That's pretty much why I don't buy many indies anymore. I really need some good production these days.

I spent a fair bit on it & it's stunningly average 80's AOR, miles behind the great 80's albums. The good thing is that I sold it long before they re-issued it, so I made a decent profit anyway....

surely you jest.................. I was fortunate to find a few of these around melbourne's finest used cd stores many moons ago...... back when the pricetag on this gem was over $200 usd..... this is imho still is one of the finest aor platters around... certainly a major improvement in leaps & bounds over its classic rated predeccesor " affairs of babylon "

surely you jest.................. I was fortunate to find a few of these around melbourne's finest used cd stores many moons ago...... back when the pricetag on this gem was over $200 usd..... this is imho still is one of the finest aor platters around... certainly a major improvement in leaps & bounds over its classic rated predeccesor " affairs of babylon "

Sorry mate but it does nothing for me. I even copied it before I sold it but have never played that copy once. Nice sound, good keyboards/vocals etc, no songs with any hooks whatsoever. Stuff like Aviator and Urgent leaves this for dead IMHO.

Sorry mate but it does nothing for me. I even copied it before I sold it but have never played that copy once. Nice sound, good keyboards/vocals etc, no songs with any hooks whatsoever. Stuff like Aviator and Urgent leaves this for dead IMHO.

Funnily enough I was listening to this today and its all over the boards! (Geoff was listening to it as well). I wouldnt slag it quite as much as Tim.....I actually think its a pretty decent AOR album, but it does tail off badly towards the end. Needed a killer 10th track to lift it.

Agree that its miles off Aviator etc though :tumbsup:

Funnily enough I was listening to this today and its all over the boards! (Geoff was listening to it as well). I wouldnt slag it quite as much as Tim.....I actually think its a pretty decent AOR album, but it does tail off badly towards the end. Needed a killer 10th track to lift it.

Agree that its miles off Aviator etc though :tumbsup:

Yeah, I'm about the same. Decent enough disc with a weak ending, but yeah, Aviator destroys this.

Took me awhile but I finally thought of one CD I paid more-than-average $ for that fits this topic: Helloween's CHAMELEON (1993). For the longest time this album wasn't available in the US (though it was issued here belatedly a few years back) so a year or two after its release I bought an import copy at the annual KISS Expo in New Jersey. I believe I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 for it. I brought it home all excited that the lone hole in my Helloween collection was finally filled, until I actually listened to the CD. WOW, did that album frickin SUCK. Granted, the album that preceded it, PINK BUBBLES GO APE, wasn't a classic by any means either, but it sounds like pure gold when compared to that pile of poo. CHAMELEON hung around my CD rack taking up space for a couple of years until I got tired of looking at it and traded it off. Lord knows I love me some Helloween and I proudly own the rest of their catalog on CD but CHAMELEON will never be allowed in my house again.