More Def Leppard Remasters

chocularok

From the Def Leppard website...can't wait for these!:

Those of you out there who keep track of photographer Ross Halfin's blog, found an interesting entry for February 22:

"Spoke to Joe Elliott today about work as there are deluxe edtions of Pyromania and Adrenalize coming out and we needed to go through photos. Joe had no idea I'd shot several sessions with them as a four piece, A couple of shoots in the studio in Los Angeles - out in the desert and the Lets Get Rocked video, in the days when I used to shoot stills on videos (something I hated), plus with Vivian Campbell in Los Angeles and Australia. The record company lost all the colour when the PR threw it out by accident but I still have all the black and white. We ended up discussing the Mott The Hoople reunion and The Faces. And Joe was more interested in what DVDs I picked up in Japan and Australia than what photos I have of him..."

So, what does this mean? When will these remasters be released?And what will be on them exactly?? Just like last year's "HYSTERIA" DeLuxe Edition, you can probably count on a re-release with a good amount of bonus tracks and new liner notes, but as soon as we hear the exact confirmed details, we'll let you know right away.....

I'll have to pick up the Pyromania but don't know about the Adrenalize, I guess it depends on what's on it.

Hopefully they remaster the first two as well since they really need it IMO.

They could even throw the ep as bonus on the "On Through the Night" release.

It wouldn't matter what they did to 'Let's Get Rocked' it'll still suck big time!!

I agree...that song along with a handful of others were a big nail in the rock coffin back then.

I cant really think of any bonus tracks for Pyromania off the top of my head...?

Well goin by the Hysteria release, I'd assume it would just be stuff thats maybe been available before, or live songs!

It wouldn't matter what they did to 'Let's Get Rocked' it'll still suck big time!!

I agree...that song along with a handful of others were a big nail in the rock coffin back then.

Dont agree with that at all.

That song was just a good time party rock song, which is exactly what I still wanna hear from bands.

Don't get overly excited yet, friends.

I know, I know, I'm the guy ALWAYS complaining about the sound of (most) remasters... but fact of the matter is, (most) remasters now-a-days SUCK as the ORIGINAL master tapes are rarely used, and even if a decent back-up copy is utilized the mastering tech simply BLOWS UP all the levels, compresses the hell out of the original sound and makes it sound like a freight train running through your living room.

Think I'm crazy, check this out (PLEASE):

This is real, people, and a travesty! Want to hear a really GOOD remaster? Check out the new Audio Fidelity CARS - HEARTBEAT CITY. Pyromania "could" be remastered brilliantly, but unless one of about three professionals get their hands on it, it's more than likely doomed. Just because it's metal doesn't mean we should have to wear earplugs.

Sorry to bring the party to a screaching hault :(

Also! I just picked up Remastered Bon Jovi - 7800 Fahernhiet, it was never really all that great sounding to begin with, but I put it in my Pioneer and immediately turned it way up(habit) In And Out Of Love had my garage door shaking, shit was rattling off my workbenches and shelves, the lights were shaking, I couldnt believe my ears! that has to be one of the best remastering jobs Ive EVER!!! heard, anybody who likes this album, (I think im the only one) should really check it out, the catch??? go to Walmart, they have it for $6!!! Sheeeeeiiiittt!!!!

That song was just a good time party rock song, which is exactly what I still wanna hear from bands.

I don't have a problem with that tune either.

It was just a bit of fun and not meant to be taken seriously.

Besides someone must of liked it back in the day because it was all over MTV and radio.

Don't get overly excited yet, friends.

I know, I know, I'm the guy ALWAYS complaining about the sound of (most) remasters... but fact of the matter is, (most) remasters now-a-days SUCK as the ORIGINAL master tapes are rarely used, and even if a decent back-up copy is utilized the mastering tech simply BLOWS UP all the levels, compresses the hell out of the original sound and makes it sound like a freight train running through your living room.

Think I'm crazy, check this out (PLEASE):

This is real, people, and a travesty! Want to hear a really GOOD remaster? Check out the new Audio Fidelity CARS - HEARTBEAT CITY. Pyromania "could" be remastered brilliantly, but unless one of about three professionals get their hands on it, it's more than likely doomed. Just because it's metal doesn't mean we should have to wear earplugs.

Sorry to bring the party to a screaching hault :(

Well, I've got the Hysteria Delux Edition & it sounds great...no blown levels, etc (also got the MoFi version...I should sit down & compare the 2 someday). As long as they do as good a job with Pyromania & Adrenalize as they did with Hysteria, I'll be happy. Can't wait to see what bonus tracks are on these, too.

And where the hell did you get the Cars - Heartbeat City? I pre-ordered it from Deep Discount & it's on backorder. It looked like the pushed the released date back?

I assume one of the guys you're talking about is Steve Hoffman. He's the man...he won't do a remaster unless he gets ahold of the master tapes.

Besides someone must of liked it back in the day because it was all over MTV and radio.

So, will we get to hear this song while drinking from the Wheelbarrow? :unsure:

Yeah like that other crock of shit 'More Than Words'

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'd like to see the Pyromania one. I'm curious as to what bonus material will be on it. I don't really no of any other material that was left off.

As far as the Adrenalized, most of the bonus material is stuff that I probably have from the Japanese version and B-sides from the cd singles. I still probably end up grabbing once it's cheap.

So, will we get to hear this song while drinking from the Wheelbarrow? :unsure:

Ummm...no.

Unless it's by special request.