April Wine

Dead Planet

I'm a long time fan of April Wine...............their last good release IMO was "The nature of the Beast" but they put out an incredible catalog of music that really doesn't get its due....What do you think.??

Favorite releases

Stand Back

The Whole World's Going Crazy

First Glance

Harder faster

The Nature of the Beast

Electric Jewels

I have only ever owned Power Play on vinyl and ended up getting rid of that as well.....

Have not heard anything else they have done because Power Play did not excite me at all.

Again a band that I had a few albums by!

Used to have....

First Glance

Harder...Faster

The Nature Of The Beast

Power Play

Animal Grace

Absolutely love Harder Faster and The Nature Of The Beast

Before The Dawn is my favourite song by this band.

I have the dvd - Live In London (The Nature Of The Beast Tour 1981)

Don't know much about them besides the tune "Just between me a You" that I had on a old compilation.

I will learn more about them soon with them being at Dakota Rock Fest.

Great song Wes off The Nature Of The Beast album :tumbsup:

I have only ever owned Power Play on vinyl and ended up getting rid of that as well.....

Have not heard anything else they have done because Power Play did not excite me at all.

Dave, Harder...Faster is an excellent album, there`s a recommendation for you mate :tumbsup:

Good band indeed. I saw them at the very first monsters of rock gig all those years ago (Harder , Faster..' was out then I think). My fave is 'Nature Of The Beast' followed by 'Harder, Faster..' and 'First Glance' is pretty good aswell. This is one band I am after updating my old vinyls, so I am on the look out for other stuff at the moment.

Good band indeed. I saw them at the very first monsters of rock gig all those years ago (Harder , Faster..' was out then I think). My fave is 'Nature Of The Beast' followed by 'Harder, Faster..' and 'First Glance' is pretty good aswell. This is one band I am after updating my old vinyls, so I am on the look out for other stuff at the moment.

That first Monsters of Rock would of been one I`d love to have seen if I`d of been born! :tumbsup:

Do you remember much about how good April Wine were?

That first Monsters of Rock would of been one I`d love to have seen if I`d of been born! :tumbsup:

Don't kid yourself matey ;)

I remember all that gig Very well, Touch were good, so glad I got to see them live as I think they never came over here again (I may be wrong), Riot were ok, April Wine were pretty good, although all of these earlier bands only had short sets, so you were just getting into them and they finished, Saxon rocked the place and were excellent and one of my bands of the day, Judas Priest were really good aswell, Rainbow not so good and the Scorps was the only time I have stilll got to see them - they were great aswell.

Don't kid yourself matey ;)

I remember all that gig Very well, Touch were good, so glad I got to see them live as I think they never came over here again (I may be wrong), Riot were ok, April Wine were pretty good, although all of these earlier bands only had short sets, so you were just getting into them and they finished, Saxon rocked the place and were excellent and one of my bands of the day, Judas Priest were really good aswell, Rainbow not so good and the Scorps was the only time I have stilll got to see them - they were great aswell.

That`s a great lineup, probably one of the best ever Monsters Of Rock line ups! :tumbsup:

i've seen them nuerous times over the years but not since Jim Clench has left the band (recently).

I really liked "Attitude".. It had some hard rockin tunes and a killer ballad "Can't take another night".

don't know if someone could link it here or not..Unfortunately, I'm not able.

Most recent release was kind of bluesy.

I have all their studio releases. They can play it heavy when they want, but tend to mellow out way too much. Favorite tracks are: One More Time, Oowatanite, Enough Is Enough, Cum Hear The Band, Electric Jewels, Just Between You And Me, and Crash And Burn.

Haven't heard April Wine in a very long time, but I remember seeing the vid for "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" quite often in the very early days of MTV.

• 2 years later...

I have been trying to pick up every April Wine cd I've been finding. I never really gave them a chance until I bought Nature of the Beast and I was hooked. Total kick ass album. I also love Stand Back ("Oowatanite" is one of my favorite April Wine tracks). Harder...Faster is great as well. Animal Grace was one of the few of their albums I remember not really caring for.