DEMO (CASSETTE) TAPES

Nelson

With all our discussion, sale and trade about hard-to-find Hard Rock/AOR/Heavy Metal CDs, is there still anyone here who's VERY MUCH into Demo Tapes (of course aside from having your trembling hands on No Life 'Til Leather)?

I have 2 in my possession. I still check out Metal Treasures, read the articles there on their demo tapes section but still not "excited enough" about them.

Does anyone still seek them or at least hold on to them?

With all our discussion, sale and trade about hard-to-find Hard Rock/AOR/Heavy Metal CDs, is there still anyone here who's VERY MUCH into Demo Tapes (of course aside from having your trembling hands on No Life 'Til Leather)?

I have 2 in my possession. I still check out Metal Treasures, read the articles there on their demo tapes section but still not "excited enough" about them.

Does anyone still seek them or at least hold on to them?

i have more than 400 original ones. some of them are in my all time favorite list.

I still have a few old demo tapes leftover from my days as a college newspaper music critic (and no, Sharatan, sorry, Killen isn't one of them, haha!)... like MH1966, I don't have anything particularly mind blowing... one by a band called "Blackwing" that I really enjoyed (sorta like a female fronted GNR) and a thrash band called Enrage stick out in my mind... had a pretty cool tape by a NY thrash band called "Machine" that I liked a lot but my car stereo ate it years ago and I've never found a replacment :crying:

I have a few somewhere....nuthin extremely rare..

here's one monster steele from your places my friend....if you were reading the right metal fanzines(but from germany though, i don't know any good US one... nope, neither midwest militia) back then chances are that you would probably have it....still looking for their next one though..... :crying:

copyofstormbringerzx2.jpg

w536.png

here's one monster steele from your places my friend....if you were reading the right metal fanzines(but from germany though, i don't know any good US one... nope, neither midwest militia) back then chances are that you would probably have it....still looking for their next one though..... :crying:

w536.png

well back in the day I had quite a few...most were very obscure local

stuff..and your right there were NO good metalzines really... :crying:

I missed out on a lot of stuff...that's one cool thing bout the 'net..

you can catch up on that stuff.

Love the demo tapes! Everytime I see tapes I have to go through them just in case... The majority of mine are local to the Pacific NW, I added Brigand Raid to Metal Treasures and started a thread about Crash Alley and since have found another cassette demo by them.

In the first photo below some of the tapes that have no band info on the front are: Broken Toyz (pink tape on top), due right is Big Bad (signed by singer) and due right again is Cats & Dogs. The cassette with the curvey cat drawing is Syngiin-Lookin' For Some Kitty (with my all time favorite non comedic rock song that is just flippin' hilarious called "Get Off My Hair")

stuff028.jpg

This photo is 100 of the tapes I have, I've got a few more since.

Of note and not pictured above are KK Wilde (signed by the band), Early Warning-The Hero's Dream, Sedated Souls, All the Lemons demos plus the advance of Sturdy with Jim Paulson on vocals, etc...

stuff005.jpg

stuff056.jpg

I got a lot of DEATH/HARDCORE/THRASH demos just rotting away in my loft.

I also have the CONCRETE FOUNDATION comp tapes (Some still sealed).

I have no clue on what I'm going to do with them.

The one I really like is DEPT OF CORRUPTION -POVERTY STRICKEN (N.J. THRASHCORE).

The band did get back together, but went to the DEATH METAL route :crying:

w536.png

What a fantastic "demo"! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

YES!!! I've been collecting demo cassettes for over twenty years. Truthfully, I collect those more than CD's now.....and, to me, there are MANY MANY more kickass demos than there are rare CD's to be had....

Love the demo tapes! Everytime I see tapes I have to go through them just in case... The majority of mine are local to the Pacific NW, I added Brigand Raid to Metal Treasures and started a thread about Crash Alley and since have found another cassette demo by them.

In the first photo below some of the tapes that have no band info on the front are: Broken Toyz (pink tape on top), due right is Big Bad (signed by singer) and due right again is Cats & Dogs. The cassette with the curvey cat drawing is Syngiin-Lookin' For Some Kitty (with my all time favorite non comedic rock song that is just flippin' hilarious called "Get Off My Hair")

stuff028.jpg

Of note and not pictured above are KK Wilde (signed by the band), Early Warning-The Hero's Dream, Sedated Souls, All the Lemons demos plus the advance of Sturdy with Jim Paulson on vocals, etc...

stuff005.jpg

stuff056.jpg

Strange, my first band was called Singyn, but that wasn't us... as you can tell by the spelling of course!

WOW!!! I think this thread was a good idea. Looking at the pictures you guys posted made me a little excited with demos. I remember that "MAGICAL" feeling of seeing unknown names in the Hard Rock/AOR/Heavy Metal genre here in Heavy Harmonies when I first discovered this site.

Made me want to seek out some more of these obscure demos.

Keep on posting those pictures, guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

stuff028.jpg

stuff005.jpg

stuff056.jpg

Strange, my first band was called Singyn, but that wasn't us... as you can tell by the spelling of course

Some very cool tapes there...only heard of a few of those. Nice collection!