Favorite song: Badlands - s/t (1989)

Badlands s/t  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of the best hard rock releases of the late 80's! One of the most over-looked, too...I was lucky enough to find it at this used CD store that I go to a little while back for only $8!

Jake E. Lee is just a phenomenal guitarist, and not to mention the late Ray Gillen...great voice...he's definately missed.

My favorite song off of it is, "Dreams in the Dark"! Followed by "Winter's Call", "High Wire" & "Streets Cry Freedom".

Impossible to pick a fav but today I'm going with "Streets Cry Freedom".

This is one of my fav albums of all time and Ray Gillen is up there as one of my fav vocalists and Jake is one of my fav guitar players. A great great band and a great album with no fillers IMO.

As Wes stated, It's impossible to pick a fave but the one that always comes

to mind for me is "Rumbling Train"...God I LOVE That song...Ray is of the hook

on that one and Jake is his usual bad ass self!!!

I'm probably the only one here who just doesn't really like this disc at all. I voted for 'Dreams in the dark' because it was about the only song on here that held my interest, but I sold this one a long, long time ago.

"Winter's Call."

End thread.

As Wes stated, It's impossible to pick a fave but the one that always comes

to mind for me is "Rumbling Train"...God I LOVE That song...Ray is of the hook

on that one and Jake is his usual bad ass self!!!

Yeah that's a great tune too, I love the bluesy playing that Jake is throwing down on that one. :bowdown:

Another criminally underrated tune is "Seasons", that tune is a monster IMO. :bowdown:

(AHEM) I'm sayin' it again... Winter's Call. End thread.

I'm a goin' with Seasons, but seriously this is one of those albums I can listen to beginning to end backwards and forwards, it's just that awesome. :bowdown:

Backed and great tune. :tumbsup:

Why thank you sir, I was very close to picking "Streets..." myself, what an awesome disc!

I'm a goin' with Seasons, but seriously this is one of those albums I can listen to beginning to end backwards and forwards, it's just that awesome. :bowdown:

Why thank you sir, I was very close to picking "Streets..." myself, what an awesome disc!

Should of sold millions. For me they were the new Zeppelin without directly ripping them off.

Should of sold millions. For me they were the new Zeppelin without directly ripping them off.

Unlike that other band I won't mention (cough) Kingdom Come (cough).

Unlike that other band I won't mention (cough) Kingdom Come (cough).

I still liked Kingdom Come but they without a doubt directly ripped off LZ.

Also Zebra and Fastway had that direct Zeppelin sound early on, where Badlands had the spirit there but didn't sound directly like them. Then again I might be talking out of my ass at this point. :unsure:

Great album. No bad tunes on it. I went with Dreams In The Dark.

Really the more I think about it there are no wrong answers.

...and Wes, you always talk out your ass, that's what I like about you... ;)

Seriously though, I like KC too, they just totally ripped off Led Zep, and I'm okay with that, in fact I think I picked up the s/t on vinyl back in the day and it got a lot of plays! :banger:

Winter's Call.....phenomenal tune!

Winter's Call.....phenomenal tune!

See that? JLP knows what's up. :drink:

Great album. No bad tunes on it. I went with Dreams In The Dark.

Really the more I think about it there are no wrong answers.

...and Wes, you always talk out your ass, that's what I like about you... ;)

Seriously though, I like KC too, they just totally ripped off Led Zep, and I'm okay with that, in fact I think I picked up the s/t on vinyl back in the day and it got a lot of plays! :banger:

I agree with Pete, KC is a total rip off of Led Zep on the first album. On their following cd's not so much. But I will say the S/T is my fave. :guitbannana: