Sun City Records

heaven&hell

I've been eyeing quite a few releases from Sun City and was wondering if a few of you that have bought most of their releases could recommend a few for me. I know one for sure that I want is the Slash Puppet but wasn't sure about some others. From the songs I've heard the Lessdress, Taupier and Cruella D'ville sound great. Any others that someone could recommend? Thanks. :drink:

I've been wanting to get some from Suncity as well...There are a lot of them that I want actually! haha

But, other than the ones you mentioned, Masque would definately be at the top of my list to get....And Road Ratt sounds really good too!

Check out some Masque songs on their Myspace page;

http://www.myspace.com/hollywoodmasque

I've been wanting to get some from Suncity as well...There are a lot of them that I want actually! haha

But, other than the ones you mentioned, Masque would definately be at the top of my list to get....And Road Ratt sounds really good too!

I didn't really care for what I heard from Road Ratt.

I've always read great things about Masque.

Masque are rock solid, if not a little unspectacular.

I have Road Ratt's debut and it's pretty cool. Would be interested to hear this one on Suncity.

I have Road Ratt's debut and it's pretty cool. Would be interested to hear this one on Suncity.

I just listened to the Masque songs on their myspace it's not bad but not great either.

Maybe I need to listen to the Road Ratt again but what I've heard I wasn't crazy about.

Maybe it's a grower. :unsure:

So the Fashion Police is good? I think I've played some samples before and I seem to remember liking them.

What about Big Guns? Aren't they supposed to sound like D2?

dont worry about what anyone else has recommended about Suncity Records, just trust me & buy em all!

The merch from this label is top grade stuff, I'm always on the look out to critic their products but thus far been extremely impressed!

Personally , the Suncity hightlights have been the 2 Blue Tears CDs & the Androids !!!!! :beerbang:

David must be laughing at the Blue Tears story behind my purchase lol.. :beerbang:

dont worry about what anyone else has recommended about Suncity Records, just trust me & buy em all!

The merch from this label is top grade stuff, I'm always on the look out to critic their products but thus far been extremely impressed!

Personally , the Suncity hightlights have been the 2 Blue Tears CDs & the Androids !!!!! :beerbang:

David must be laughing at the Blue Tears story behind my purchase lol.. :beerbang:

The only one I have is the Blackboard Jungle and I'm very happy with that.

David does a great job with the packaging of his releases IMO. :tumbsup:

And by the way I'd love to buy them all but I can't afford it unfortunately so I'm gonna do my best to get the ones that I know I'd like for now and maybe one day finishing the collection. I just wish they were easier to get here in the states. The only place that I know of is through Impulsemusic.com. I'm not sure why NEH don't carry them. :unsure:

I just listened to the Masque songs on their myspace it's not bad but not great either.

Maybe I need to listen to the Road Ratt again but what I've heard I wasn't crazy about.

Maybe it's a grower. :unsure:

So the Fashion Police is good? I think I've played some samples before and I seem to remember liking them.

What about Big Guns? Aren't they supposed to sound like D2?

Big Guns are a great band and there are a few good tracks on that one, but there are only about 8 songs or so and quite a few fillers, imo. Not as good as their debut, 'On dangerous Ground'... I think it was called.

Yeah, I really loved the first two Fashion Police discs. Again, a few fillers but killer 80's hair metal sound that I'm sure you'd dig.

FYI, Wes, my most wanted Suncity release is Fatal Charm's 'Looks Like Trouble', which is the band with the dude who co-wrote a lot of recent material with Ted on his recent solo discs. Well, co-wrote, or gave his songs to Ted. Something of the sort. Either way, I really want to hear that album.

I too would love to own pretty much all Suncity releases but sadly even here they're still out of my price range. :(

Flash Addict were also a pretty solid heavy sleaze band I reckon you'd like.

I too would love to own pretty much all Suncity releases but sadly even here they're still out of my price range. :(

Same here. At $US18 + shipping it works out to about $A30 each disc.

That's nothing against the label, but if I'm making a decision between 2 lots of discs, and 1 lot of discs if $10 per disc cheaper, and I'm ordering say 5 discs at a time.... that $50 difference makes all the difference to my buying something from suncity, or something from say swedmetal, hangloose, myspace, cdbaby, or wherever.

I wish there discs were availabe in store, say thru JB Hifi, where you could walk in and pick up the disc without incurring the postage. I wonder if David has ever looked into Australian distribution thru someone like JB Hifi. Even worldwide thru CDbaby would be of benefit aswell.

BTW, first 2 fashion police are killer. Third one, not so goo IMO.

Yeah, that'd be awesome to see them in JB for cool prices.

The product is simply awesome and I did buy the first 2 that were released - Blue Tears and Schoolboy Crush, but sadly since then the only one's I've bought were from Perris sales because it was the only time I could afford them. :lol:

But yeah, if they're the costs needed to cover how good the product is, I guess I can't fault it. It's just sadly not an option for a digger like me. :(

Do a search on the main site by record label for Sun City. I have audio samples posted for virtually all of the Sun City releases. I just got a package with the 4 most recent releases, so I haven't posted those yet, but all of the others are there...

-Dan

Do a search on the main site by record label for Sun City. I have audio samples posted for virtually all of the Sun City releases. I just got a package with the 4 most recent releases, so I haven't posted those yet, but all of the others are there...

-Dan

Thanks Dan. :drink:

That's nothing against the label, but if I'm making a decision between 2 lots of discs, and 1 lot of discs if $10 per disc cheaper, and I'm ordering say 5 discs at a time.... that $50 difference makes all the difference to my buying something from suncity, or something from say swedmetal, hangloose, myspace, cdbaby, or wherever.

I wish there discs were availabe in store, say thru JB Hifi, where you could walk in and pick up the disc without incurring the postage. I wonder if David has ever looked into Australian distribution thru someone like JB Hifi. Even worldwide thru CDbaby would be of benefit aswell.

I recall mentioned JB distro to David years ago & it seems because JB are carrying 'too many' labels they wouldn't be interested in any suncity products.

I do know that Red Eye out in Geoffsville ( Sydney ) stocks most Suncity but nothing here in Melbourne even the mighty Radical Records aren't stocking even though they've cried out for several titles in the past..

Even worldwide thru CDbaby would be of benefit aswell.

If they were available through Cd Baby that would be awesome. :tumbsup:

I recall mentioned JB distro to David years ago & it seems because JB are carrying 'too many' labels they wouldn't be interested in any suncity products.

I do know that Red Eye out in Geoffsville ( Sydney ) stocks most Suncity but nothing here in Melbourne even the mighty Radical Records aren't stocking even though they've cried out for several titles in the past..

The only place ive seen SCR was at Red Eye... though it was only 1 title... thats all. I looked pretty hard for the others though.. but no luck.

obviously you don't venture into that store enough do you?

i know a few who've purchased a few scr titles there......

i also think utopia records stocks or did stock a few.

Never seen any at Utopia... which doesnt surprise me as the range there is dropping...

And i go to Red Eye quite regularly. Never see anything worthwhile there, and only once have i seen a SCR cd as mentioned.